1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

1,000 Starpoints for 50 "likes" on Westin FaceBook

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by lili, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. swag
    • Original Member

swag Silver Member

Latest updates:

The Westin Charlotte
    Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest! We value having you as a facebook fan and we will make sure to issue winners their points as soon as possible! If you have any questions, please email insider@westin.com and we will be sure to answer any questions you may have!

The Westin Charlotte
    It can take up to 2 weeks before points are credited. If in a couple of weeks you have not received your points, please let us know!

2. worldtraveller2
    • Original Member

worldtraveller2 Silver Member

Kalboz and hulagrrl210 like this.
  3. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

worldtraveller2 and Kalboz like this.
  4. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Take it easy! We all now it can weeks some times for points to post, if you sent your info 1or 2 days ago, and over a weekend, chill out. As of now we have no reason to believe we won't get the points as promised.

SC Flier and lili like this.
  5. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

That wasn't the case when I first reported Thursday when her photo was NOT even posted ... it seems to me like it's another scam as that particular member has less than 500 friends on Facebook and yet she managed to get about 800 "Like" hits in just few days!!!

7. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

She got over 850 now, so 50 likes in the past 30 minutes, And another person has 596 likes ????

8. lili
    • Original Member

lili Gold Member

From the Westin Charlotte FB page:
    " If you missed the deadline, please email insider@westin.com with your info and let me know you missed and I will keep you posted further on the status of your points. We want all of our winning fans to receive their points"

They also said they expect the points to post in two weeks.

SC Flier likes this.
  9. swag
    • Original Member

swag Silver Member

The latest update from Charlotte, again buried in a comment:

I apologize for any confusion! Usually when we do contests, we reach out to winners directly. Due to an internal error with facebook after the contest, I was unable to message winners. If you missed the deadline, please email insider@westin.com with your info and let me know you missed and I will keep you posted further on the status of your points. We want all of our winning fans to receive their points! We value you as a fan of The Westin Charlotte and your participation in our contest!

I agree that the implementation of this promo has been clumsy (changed deadline, hard to find instructions, facebook rules violations), but I do think they're trying to make right on this, and my hunch is that everyone who got to 50 likes and contacts them will eventually get their points. I'd hold off judgement until we see how it all plays out.

SC Flier and lili like this.
  10. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

And buried in the comments it says it can take two weeks for the points to post!

The Westin Charlotte
    Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest! We value having you as a facebook fan and we will make sure to issue winners their points as soon as possible! If you have any questions, please email insider@westin.com and we will be sure to answer any questions you may have
      • Brent Hartley What is the time frame on when the points will be posted?
        13 hours ago

• [​IMG]
        The Westin Charlotte It can take up to 2 weeks before points are credited. If in a couple of weeks you have not received your points, please let us know!

11. worldtraveller2
    • Original Member

Here's my point from my original post. I was somewhere with NO access to internet (wilderness country), so when I returned and saw the gig, I also wanted the 1000 starwood points. but the gig was up, now it would not have been up if they would have honored their original posting. So, these marketing dudes screw up and I don't get my 1000 starwood points. In the past, if an intitiy screwed up, they would honor pretty much anyone who sent in their complaint just for their bad behavoir. So yes, you will get YOUR points"as promised", but I won't get mine. See the difference?

12. worldtraveller2
    • Original Member

I know

13. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

I meant exactly what I said and it has nothing to do with when (if) I get the points. My comment was based on how they handled the contest. If they didn't have a clue what they were doing (which is obvious), then they should have hired a social media consultant!

worldtraveller2 likes this.
  14. cheepneezy
    • Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Why all the hate?;) I'm willing to cut them a break - I'll be getting 1000 points for 5 minutes of work. Social media is new and I give them credit for trying something. I'd rather wait 2 weeks for my points than have them spend the budget they have for points on a Social Media consultant.:D I'm sure any future promotions will have more rules than you can shake a stick at(that we'll complain about) .

ShopAround likes this.
  15. swag
    • Original Member

swag Silver Member

My points posted today: :)

+1000 PROPERTY PROMO (07/13/2011)

16. snap
    • Original Member

snap Silver Member

+1

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  17. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

I just got mine today too

18. druiddation
    • Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Mine too. They were busy today.

19. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

My points posted today as well.

20. akide
    • Original Member

akide Silver Member

yup mine posted too!

21. wheat27
    • Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Points for myself and my wife posted yesterday even though the FB accounts we used we a little bit off from our names on our SPG accounts

22. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Same Here!

wheat27 likes this.