1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, September 16th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

2,500 bonus United miles for purchases at MileagePlus Shopping Portal

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by volkswankin, Nov 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. volkswankin

volkswankin Active Member

Through Dec 31st, 2012 you can earn up to 2,500 bonus United miles for purchases through their shopping portal. You earn 500 bonus miles for every $250 spent. Offer ends Dec 31st, 2012.
    sobore, mommypoints and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Is it just me, or did the US Grand Slam set up unrealistic expectations on how many miles to earn through shopping portals?
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    • Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

not just you, I think my therapist Glen Morangie has almost helped me overcome US Air's decision not to run a GS.

Edited to add: Terms for US Air portal promo currently: receive 300, 500 or 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $150, $250 or $500 online through Dividend Miles StoreFront.
    BWIflyer likes this.
  4. Voodard

Voodard Active Member

I refuse to shop on the mileageplusshopping.com site until they post my points from 8/31! I spent $323.99 at eBags.com to take advantage of an incredible 18 miles/$ offer. I'm now at 76 days since the purchase, should I call Chase? I know the T&C say it could take 60-90 days, but I've never seen points/miles take so long to post.
  5. ducster
    • Original Member

ducster Silver Member

6. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

500 miles for $250 in spend? On the Black Friday Week? Seriously? Everybody understands this is like a 2% price drop right? When everybody and his brother are looking for 20%, 30%, 40% off deals...

Not impressed by this offer. Ignore.
  7. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

For comparison, lets say you spend $750 on a debit card attached to a new Citi checking account, you could earn 15K or 30K miles. 30,000 miles. Not 250 x 3 = 750. Now that's an offer.
  8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

It's a shopping portal, you can still spend on any CC (or debit card in your example) and get 500 bonus miles for $250 ON TOP of the x miles/$ you get from the portal anyway. These aren't mutually exclusive deals.