2 Club Carlson promos, one for new members, one for next stay

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by miles and smiles, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

If you are new to Club Carlson, you can sign up for Club Carlson and use the promo code OPBCSL11 to start at Silver Elite level.
    You can also email them and mention the code NEXTSTAY2K which is for 2000 points for your next stay.

I haven't used these codes personally, but success with these codes has been reported on FT.

2. Lyssa
    • Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Yes, I got both of these to work. Just had my first stay, got 2,000 for the next stay bonus, 2,000 for booking online as a silver elite, got the silver elite bonus on the base points, and the 50,000 for the big night giveaway! Everything posted on the same day. With the past points I had from the facebook and TGI Friday's stuff, I'm over 62,000 points now and have only stayed once. :cool:

3. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Very good! I didn't get in on these new promos mentioned above, but I got another promo last year which gave me enough points for a free night. So, I've had two paid stays, one free and I have 60,000 + points left to play with. And they gave me gold as a status match and I got upgrades twice.

I also bought 3 Country Inn one night vouchers last year in the Discover America promo for $45 each and have reserved a room for 3 nights that would otherwise cost me $125-$150 a night. Club Carlson as been good to me! thumbs-up.gif

4. flyingdawg
    • Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Nice move! Wish I'd been thinking ahead and jumped on that offer.

miles and smiles likes this.
  5. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

It might be offered again in April when the Discover America promo happens again, so stay tuned.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. Jett Rink
    • Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

:eek: I bought 4 for $50 ea, (May, 2010). according to my books. Those vouchers don't expire, so I'm not in a hurry to use them, although I did use one in 2010, and was upgraded to the finest room.

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  7. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Correct, no expiration. I am happy with the reservation I made. I hope they are offered again this Spring.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. Jett Rink
    • Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Yeah. :) They went so fast in 2011, surprisingly. I was shut out. :(

9. Lyssa
    • Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Where do you find out about these promos?

10. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

flyingdawg likes this.
  11. brockb

brockb Silver Member

I just recently signed up for Club Carlson and booked my first stay as well, so I just sent them an email to see if they would bump me up with the Silver code. Never hurts to ask I guess; I'll let you guys know what happens.

12. PointHoarder
    • Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Are you talking about the Xing promo code (http://www.clubcarlson.com/xing)?
    I emailed them right after I signed up, referring to this promo, and got promptly bumped to Silver the next day. Responsive customer service to say the least.

13. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Yep that seems to be the same one, hopefully they do the same for me.

14. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Say hello to Club Carlson's newest Silver Elite! They didn't send me an email response or anything, but checked my account and it was upgraded in less than 24 hours.

Thanks miles and smiles :)

This is my first status with me just starting out! The only points I have so far are 2k from the Marriott Facebook page. Of course with my Radisson stay and if I can get my family to do it as well should bump up Carlson 150k ;)

15. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Well the good news is that once you start getting status in one chain, you may find others that will match. i started with Priority Club Platinum from a credit card, and got matches from BW, CC and Choice. so, keep looking around and you may find more ways to get status.

flyingdawg likes this.
  16. theBOAT
    • Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Any recent promos like the one above? I have a stay coming up for a work conference, and am not yet a member of the CC program. Thx in advance!

theBOAT

17. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Been pretty quiet for the last little while. I'm about to redeem a lot of points and was hoping for a new promo ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  18. theBOAT
    • Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Thanks. I guess I'll just book the stay w/o any CC membership # and then add one later if something pops up.

theBOAT

19. torbster
    • Original Member

torbster Silver Member

20. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

21. ShrinkTheGlobe

ShrinkTheGlobe Silver Member

22. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Anyone looked into this further? Might be worth it to buy a few shares ;)

23. iamife

iamife Silver Member

This is very interesting, I would like to know about the shares / gold elite. torbster can you explain further? thnks

24. torbster
    • Original Member

torbster Silver Member

I already have gold so I haven't tried myself, but reports from people who have tried and been in touch with CC customerservice say that it works, and you just need to send an e-mail (to the investor relations one) after you've bought the shares, no documentation required but I suppose the shareholder-name would have to match your club carlson account.
    Rezidor is listed on the stockholm stock exchange, and it also seems club carlson has confirmed that there's no minimum requirement so 1 stock should do.

And you should get a response like this:

So looks like it's valid until 2014 - not bad at all..
    So far I've only read responses from people who haven't previously had status with CC, would be interesting to see if this offer also works for "old" members :)

25. iamife

iamife Silver Member

Buying REZT soon for this perk. I do have CC silver now but getting Gold will be fabulous. Would be nice if this Gold is valid as long as the shareholder have these stocks/shares though.