25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Darcie, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

Darcie Silver Member

• Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Trying really hard to find $500 of stuff worth buying...
    rwoman, grifter, jmrich1432 and 2 others like this.
    • Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Trying really hard to justify spending $500 for any Sky Pesos!
    hulagrrl210, UA191, SC Flier and 3 others like this.
    • Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

I like it. I can find a few things to resell. Bottom line you are getting (if you exchange for $100 AMEX gift cards for miles @11k each) $227 cash back. So, whatever you resell you must make a all-in loss of under that number for this to have "CASH" value. Humm......
    • Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

It all depends on your level of flexibility, where you're based, and where you want to go. There are plenty of valuable routes that are relatively easy to redeem SkyPesos for. The biggest issue is often getting around domestically - if you can overcome that you're generally in decent shape.

I think a lot of miles may be looking at a road to devaluation and tightening of availability.
    garyst16 likes this.
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

• Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Classic Skymall merchandise!

I'm going through some peso withdrawal. Burned through a good chunk of my stash recently - feels strange to look at the smaller number. At least with the way they print 'em I've got at least 65k non-flight skypesos coming my way by year end, without any additional cc spend.
    • Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

• Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

• Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Too bad you can't buy AmEx gift cards with money and then use the additional miles perhaps by turning them into more AmEx gift cards. That would be a nice return.
    jmrich1432 likes this.
    • Original Member

• Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

I found a coupon code RTLMD which takes 20% off. It worked well on my order a few minutes ago.
  1. chrishutchins Member

Just a heads up the 25k offer terms say: "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer"
    alohastephen likes this.
    • Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

The question is if it stacks with the 25k miles. - "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer." is in the Ts and Cs.
    • Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

At one time, SkyMall carried some comparatively useful items like antivirus software eligible for rebates (get the product, miles, and then get the cash back). Those days seem so long ago ;)
  2. Switch2 Silver Member

What kind of miles are these? MQM or Regular miles?
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Is DL dealing with Regular miles again? I thought they'd stopped handing those out a few years ago.
  3. FrequentMiler Gold Member

Not MQMs unfortunately

-Frequent Miler (follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/FrequentMiler)
    nime01 and miles and smiles like this.
    • Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Ah, heck. This is distracting me from my Grand Slam shopping!

I agonized over this promo last year and ended up not doing it. There are a couple of TVs that are interesting, but as some have pointed out over at FT, all the interesting electronics have a "this product is not discountable" caveat. Combined with Skymall's atrociously vague T&Cs, I'm extremely hesitant to go for it this year.

But tempted... Skypesos aren't always useless. Mrs. Andyandy and I were able to get a MGM-YQB, YUL-MGM open jaw award for recently for 25K each.

Andyandy
    garyst16 likes this.
    • Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Pricing Policy
    [​IMG]
    With SkyMall, there's no need to comparison shop. We bring you the best products from the best catalogs and brands with no markup! The prices in SkyMall are the same as the prices of the more than 50 companies that mail catalogs to your home.
    [​IMG]
    However, if you find an identical new product advertised for less, just send us the ad and we'll honor the lower price. Also, if within 30 days of receipt of your order, you find the identical product advertised for a lower price, send us the ad and we'll promptly refund the difference.
    [​IMG]
    If you have placed an order or plan to place an order and would like to take advantage of our Price Match Guarantee, please contact us and include the ad for your items:
    - Email: customerservice@skymall.com. (If you have placed an order include "Price Match" and your Order Number in the Subject Line)
    - Phone: 1-800-SKY-MALL
    - Fax: 1-800-986-6255
    - Mail: Customer Service - Price Match
    SkyMall, Inc.
    P.O. Box 20367
    Phoenix, AZ 85036-0367
    [​IMG]
    If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department by calling 1-800-SKY-MALL to speak with a representative.
    alohastephen and jmrich1432 like this.
    • Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Seeking clarification on the "this item cannot be discounted" language, I've sent an e-mail to Skymall to ask whether such items qualify. I'll update this post with the response. The electronics are pretty much the only interesting items to me.

Andyandy
    deltaGOLDflyer likes this.
    • Original Member

A word of warning on ALL DISCOUNT CODES for S&H or 20% off. I just got this email from skymall admin:

"The terms and conditions for this promotion does not allow other discounts or offers to be combined with this offer. However, there will be orders that slip through the flags in our systems.

I strong recommend that your friends do not use any additional promotional codes or discounts because there is no guarantee that the coupon code they use will not over ride the 25K promotion."

So be careful kids if you want the miles!
    alohastephen likes this.
    • Original Member

I have the same question pending! Save all emails you get to be sure!
    • Original Member

Good news on the buy all you want! Just got this:

A person can place as many $500 orders as they want to take advantage of this promotion, there are no restrictions. We actually encourage it, if you want to knock out all of your Holiday shopping now then this is the best way to do it.

So, this could be big!
    • Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

I was thinking there wasn't anything worth it for me... but I am tempted. Hmmmm I have been looking at getting a new camera. Maybe I can convince all my friends to do their xmas shopping through SkyMall for me and reimburse?? :p