3 Free United Lounge Passes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JanaW, Sep 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JanaW Member

I have 3 United Red Carpet passes that expire on October 31, 2012. I've tried to give them away and no one I know seems to have any United flights planned. I got them free when United was doing a giveaway in LA last year and I really hate the idea of these going to waste...so, does anyone have a flight before Oct. 31 and can use 'em? I will mail them to you... :)
  2. edekba Gold Member

damnit I knew i should've booked UA vs AA ...

Thanks for the Offer though!
    perryplatypus and kdw038 like this.
  3. kdw038 Gold Member

Two flights in Oct (NY/DCA) if still available. If not, thanks for the offer.
    • Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

I wouldn't mind a visit to the UC in HNL next month! Thanks!
    kdw038 likes this.
    • Original Member

Canadi>n Silver Member

Off to good homes. Nice gesture Newbie!
    pcarol, JanaW, guberif and 2 others like this.
  4. JanaW Member

You were first, so all yours. If you want to msg me your address I will mail them out to you tomorrow. Glad you can use them!
    pcarol, mtbroxs, unavaca and 3 others like this.
    • Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

I could use it if it is still available
    kdw038 likes this.
  5. kdw038 Gold Member

Very nice gesture and welcome to Milepoint!
    pcarol, JanaW and unavaca like this.
  6. guberif Silver Member

Keep coming back. Especially if you have free stuff :)
    JanaW likes this.
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Very nice of you, JanaW! Welcome to MP! May karma come to you in the future ;) :)
    pcarol, JanaW and kdw038 like this.
  7. BothofUs Silver Member

Nice gesture, JanaW ! Glad they will be put to good use for a fellow MP'er.
    kdw038 and DIG/R_1K like this.
  8. KenInEscazu Gold Member

Welcome JanaW. That was very thoughtful of you. It's easy to forget about these valuable goodies if we can't use them ourselves. Acts such as yours make this more than just a place to come and complain. (Something I'm quite guilty of. ;))

I don't drink alcohol, but I keep my drink coupons with me at all times and give them away to people I meet who might enjoy them. I recently sat next to a guy in F whose S.O. was stuck in coach. They were a nice young couple, and she joked that he could bring her a drink later. I gave him a coupon to take back to her, and you would have thought I was Santa Clause from the way they appreciated it. We FFers take these things for granted, but the general public who cumulatively really finance our over-entitledness really appreciate an unexpected perk. I enjoy giving the stuff away at least as much as the recipients enjoy the surprise gift.
    pcarol, scf, JoeCortez and 5 others like this.
  9. edekba Gold Member

I could never Pull that off ... nor would I want to.
    kdw038 and KenInEscazu like this.
  10. KenInEscazu Gold Member

They were about 30 years my juniors, and I didn't really feel like starting a flight-long conversation, but I kinda thought the same thing at first. Upon further thought, though, I thought of many possible scenarios where he could have ended up there with her in coach. They may have had an upgrade RT and split the benefit. Maybe they flipped a coin for it. Maybe it was because he was about 6'1" and she was about 5'4". Who knows?

I'm no Dr. Phil. I have a few exes who I wish I hadn't pampered so well. :D
    kdw038, iterfacio12 and edekba like this.
  11. pyndasky Silver Member

nice move ken, but be careful.... nowadays that could be mistaken for wealth re-distribution ;)
    DIG/R_1K and KenInEscazu like this.
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Thanks for posting! :) Sorry I missed out :(
  12. KenInEscazu Gold Member

I think that is popular in some circles! :D
    DIG/R_1K likes this.
    • Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

My girlfriend is gonna be stuck in Toronto for five hours on October 3 and we sure could have used one then. (if there are any at YYZ). But a generous offer nonetheless.
    • Original Member

DIG/R_1K Gold Member

As long as it's not the gift that keeps on giving ;).
  13. edekba Gold Member

I saw some lounges have rules that state you can only be inside for a max of 3 hrs. Not sure if that is enforced or not.