5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by GoodBoy, Apr 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Promotion: 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS
    Code: 3760

*Must be a Priority Club® Rewards member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Bonus points or miles and Platinum Elite membership will be awarded after the 50th qualifying night between now and November 30, 2011 at any InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® or Candlewood Suites® hotels worldwide.

paladin87, OCP, Chimpy and 2 others like this.
  2. Canadi>n
    • Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Sorry the Crack the Case promo was enough for many of us (with over 40 nights required) so another 50 for a measly 5K is a pretty lame promotion!

Pete likes this.
  3. KIXman
    • Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

I think you don't get 5K automatically upon getting Platinum status, but if you register for this you get the bonus points.
    OP, is it only 5K for 50 stays? Or does it also work if I get Plat by accumulating 60K points?

4. viguera
    • Original Member

viguera Gold Member

I agree there has to be more to it than that... 5k for 50 stays seems ridiculous.

Exiled in Express likes this.
  5. I think it's more appropriate for those close to or approaching platinum status, ie they'll pick up an extra 5000 points, it wasn't helpful for me as I'm a Plat but I know from reading various posts that some of our fellow members may be able to benefit from this.

6. infoworks
    • Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Despite my regular IC stays, I'm still struggling to crack the case!

7. Canadi>n
    • Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

OP copied the Terms of the promo and it is 5K after staying 50 NIGHTS (not stays) before the end of November (8 months, or about 6 nights a month. Not based on earning Plat on points. Basically a 100 points a night bonus, which can be had spending an extra $10 a night...

8. Raffles
    • Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Historically (this code has appeared for the last 3 years in some form), it posted when you requalified for Plat - via points OR nights. Even if you have already requalified for 2012, it should, based on past form, still post. Tends to sweep once a month or so, it won't post immediately.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  9. Offer Name

Platinum Achievement Bonus

Description

Achieve Platinum Elite status and earn 5000 bonus points or 1000 bonus miles!Book your next Stay Now

Registration Date

08 Apr 2011

Offer Expires

30 Oct 2011

[​IMG] Note: Due to the nature of this promotion, it may take up to 6 weeks to receive credit after your stay. This will appear in your Account Activity screen under Other Activity

unclepants and miles and smiles like this.
  10. DJP_707
    • Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

In past years you always got the 5000 points when you achieved platinum. 5K for 50 nights is just ridiculous.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  11. I registered for this in April, but actually received the platinum renewal till the end of 2012 in March, a month earlier. I noticed I hadn't received the 5K bonus points and had overlooked the date of registration. I called PC, and they explained the date issue and put 5k goodwill points in the account anyway, so I guess it's the luck of the draw when on the phone with PC.

Terry Quinn, baliparis and unclepants like this.
  12. Hah, My CTC challenge was 65 nights, 12 Saturdays and 29 different properties for 253,000 bonus points. I made all but the 65 nights.

Tim O'Brien likes this.