Admirals Club One-Day Pass Discounts?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by raysian, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. raysian
    • Original Member

raysian Silver Member

Are there any discounts for American Airlines - Admirals Club One-Day Pass?
  2. HNL
    • Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Nope - not at this time. If you carry a AmericanExpress Platinum Card - your membership fees (up to $200) is reimbursed.
    gemac and raysian like this.
  3. prometheusg
    • Original Member

prometheusg Silver Member

All I know about is the 750 MyCokeRewards points for a one-day pass. I don't drink nearly enough coke to save up for one of those by the time I'll be needing it. I still save them, but I'm many hundreds away, lol.
  4. JDiver
    • Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

On occasion AA may have an offer, usually for a free pass and targeted. Discounts for a $50 all day pass, usable at as many Admirals Clubs as one can access in one day, are not so usual.
  5. LoveMiles

LoveMiles Active Member

I think that I used 50k miles to get a yearly membership. I also seem to remember that you got a discount with one of the Citibank cards.
  6. gemac
    • Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Yes, but those are for annual membership, not for the one-day pass.

You can get a one-day pass with BusinessExtra points - 300 points, I believe. It is a good way to use up those stray points that are about to expire.
  7. UNHBuzzard
    • Original Member

UNHBuzzard Silver Member

I have a spare day pass that I got w/ Coke points prior to getting the Amex Plat card that is still valid if any of y'all want it... exp 12/31/12.
    Exiled in Express likes this.
  8. UNHBuzzard
    • Original Member

UNHBuzzard Silver Member

AC day pass in the mail for one raysian! [​IMG]
    Exiled in Express and raysian like this.
  9. mvoight

mvoight New Member

Yes, but 50K can also get you a domestic first class ticket or one way business class to Europe.
    neuatomic likes this.
  10. anng3
    • Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

If anyone knows of a new discount for the day pass please advise. Read about the kiosks for upgrades.
    Anyone know what an international upgrade at a kiosk goes for?
  11. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Load Factor Based Upgrades (LFBUs) that you can buy at the kiosk can vary in price depending on where you're going (TATL? TPAC?) and what class of service you're upgrading too (Y to J? J to F?). You can see some more information and price points here.

Note that not all locations have kiosks to check in, especially overseas. In that case, AA check in desks sometimes put out signs noting that upgrades are available.
    anng3 likes this.
  12. anng3
    • Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

Thanks, the wiki was helpful. I was spoiled last year flying from BRU-POP on Jetairfly. The check in desk had
    signs offering upgrades for 75 euros. From reading the wiki looks like AA wants $500-$650.
    A little out of my budget.:)
  13. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

I might be remembering incorrectly, because it's been awhile, but I recall seeing LFBUs offered when I checked in with different prices then those listed in the wiki. Generally speaking though, you're always looking at a few hundred dollars, minimum.

If it's not in the cards, at least try to find a good seat in economy. The AA FAQ sticky at the top of the forum has some links to sites that'll give you good advice on seat choice. Good luck ;)
  14. Arubagirl01

Arubagirl01 New Member

Have you passed on your pass yet?
  15. Aubrey

Aubrey New Member

Any clue why AA could not deduct mileage when the occasion to use Admirals Club is wanted?
    I have approx 1.5 Million miles (Platinum) - however, since now travel less, would like to trade miles
    for a Club visit when I do travel. Anyone have any idea if this is available?
  16. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

Good Morning Aubrey, glad to see you're using your new MP membership! :)

That being said, it seems you're asking the same question that you asked in our General Travel section two days ago. Here is a link to your original request: LINK.

For the interest this thread I'll copy and paste the response here. Maybe someone else knows of a way to buy the one day pass with miles, but as far as I know, it's not possible. Here's the text from the other thread:

"Hi Aubrey, welcome to MilePoint!

I think you might have wanted to post in this thread, where you can ask Maya Leibman a question regarding the AAdvantage program.

I've asked the admins to move your post to that thread so that it gets the chance to be asked.

In the mean time, have you considered using your miles to purchase an Admiral's Club membership? I say this because I don't think you're able to buy one day passes with your miles at this time.

Also, have you considered paying cash for a one day pass?"
  17. Aubrey

Aubrey New Member

18. Aubrey

Aubrey New Member

David, Thank you...my issue is I now only fly 3 -4 times per year so it does not make sense to purchase a full Admirals Club membership. I was recently in Honolulu airport for a 3 hour layover and did drop by the Club only to be told sorry...I would love to use mileage for the occasional visits.
  19. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

Which is completely understandable, but as I said I don't think it's an option yet (unless someone else knows how, but I honestly don't see any option). I think your best bet for getting this idea in front of someone is to use the link in the posts above to leave it on the Maya Leibman thread for her chat this week. She's the President of American's mileage program, so she's a good person to try to address this with. Good luck!