1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Airline passenger sues over beverage cart foot injury

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    • Original Member

sobore Gold Member

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pear...cle_4feff0c6-8e6d-505c-83c4-fa868660500a.html

A Brazoria County woman claims she was mistreated by flight attendants on an April 26, 2010, Continental Airlines flight after one of the flight attendants allegedly ran over her foot with a beverage cart, according to Harris County court documents filed Tuesday.

Plaintiff Nancy Seymour claims in her original petition that she was sitting in her seat when a flight attendant crashed the beverage cart into the back of her seat, forcing her heel and foot under the footrest and cutting the skin on top of her foot.

Read More: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pear...cle_4feff0c6-8e6d-505c-83c4-fa868660500a.html

2. sfo1
    • Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

She's jusst suing now when this happened in April 2010? If I were the judge I would through it out of court. If it "crashed into the back of the seat, how could it run over her foot which would be in front of her seat, or under the seat in front of her, and having cart hit the back of the seat means the front end of the cart could go no further. What a crock.

LETTERBOY and CharlesG like this.
  3. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Just wow... people are so unbelievably litigious. People like that should just stay at home, where it's safe.

sfo1, LETTERBOY and Sweet Willie like this.
  4. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

*cough* fraud

CharlesG and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Statute of Limitations? I think it's 2 years for this type of claim in TX (just did a quick google search).

sobore likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

And maybe she first tried to settle outside the courtroom?

In any case, the story is confusing and I don't understand what really happened.

sobore and sfo1 like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

sobore, chaz4449, DIG/R_1K and 2 others like this.
  8. sfo1
    • Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

I doubt staying at home where it is safe would do this woman no good. She would probably trip on her carpet and sue the manufacturer, or better yet get a splinter in her finger, or elsewhere, from some woodwork in the house and sue the builder. I think some of these people have nothing else to do but figure out how to sue someone, hmmm maybe I will sue her for being such and stupid idiot.:p

DIG/R_1K, LETTERBOY and CharlesG like this.
  9. sfo1
    • Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

She probably doesn't even know what happened, maybe this all came in a dream to her.

10. Critic
    • Original Member

Critic Silver Member

The big tip-off for me that this is fraud?

What CO aircraft has footrests in Y? (If she was in F, they wouldn't be using a cart...)

LETTERBOY, CharlesG and DIG/R_1K like this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

And you think CO doesn't know that? Might just be poor journalism or lawyerism.

I think to get a better sense of what happened, one would have to pull up the court filing, which presumably describes the whole event in excruciating detail.

12. DIG/R_1K
    • Original Member

DIG/R_1K Gold Member

Had it been a BusinessFirst cabin and a BusinessFirst route they would have used these folding trolleys however this whole thing reeks of massive :rolleyes:.

13. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Wow! Some people just need to get over it and realize that accidents do happen. We should all thank the lady who sued McDonald's for billions after she spilled scaldingly hot coffee in her crotch for setting such a ridiculous legal precedent.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  14. Bay Pisco Shark
    • Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

That Mc Donalds case was far from what you are describing.
    The instant case, we have no idea.

15. Bay Pisco Shark
    • Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

mcd coffee burn.jpg

The McDonald's Coffee burn. She offered to settle for about $20K. They told her to go FOAD.

16. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Okay, you win. I'm not that familiar with the case, and I had to google $OAD. But hey, we haven't seen a picture of that foot though! ;)