ANA 787 Seat Maps

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by JALPak, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

kraken and sendaiben like this.
  2. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Looks like 21ACHK would be the best Y seat in longhaul config. They have plenty of legrooms :D
    QSG likes this.
  3. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Depends on the placement of that wall...but it does look spacious :) !
    JALPak likes this.
  4. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

i think they draw the wall on the map too. Isn't the line in front of row 21 in longhaul config supposed to be the bulkhead? Looks like they could easily add a row 20ACHK but chose not to...NH is really towards the more generous side of the spectrum in Y legroom and seat width
    QSG likes this.
  5. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Yes , must be a physical wall ! My idea is that in the same space they will eventually put a PY cabin once they get the seats sorted and get compensated by Koito! You could easily fit row 20 and get row 35 in the back if they wanted to.
    JALPak likes this.
  6. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Interesting...I wonder if the PY seats will even happen though. It has been quite a while since the Koito mess
    QSG likes this.
  7. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Supposedly they are still in a legal battle:eek:! They could easily fit another 4 seats in that mini-cabin if not 8 ! Seems strange to me to leave that amount of space free in Y for one row! If the seat map is true then the back end Y cabin is perfectly fitted but the forward Y cabin sort of "floats" in the extra space!
    JALPak likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

I can't believe an airline would deliberately install fewer seats than can fit.

The small Y cabins are interesting.

I'm shocked by how few business class seats there are on the short/medium haul configuration.
    QSG likes this.
  9. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

That's the short term high density config used on domestic flights. They will configure them with more C seats later
    QSG likes this.
  10. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

The rumored UA 787 long haul configuration will seat 219 (36 J 63 Y+ 120 Y-).....so with that you can see how many fewer seats NH have put in !
    kraken and MSPeconomist like this.
  11. briantoronto
    • Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Looking forward to it in November!
  12. joejones
    • Original Member

joejones Silver Member

UA seems to get a ton of its transpac business from the government, particularly DoD. Every time I have flown UA transpac in Y, I have been surrounded by military people, and have seen many people using official passports at immigration. It makes sense that they would have a coach bias in their configurations with that kind of demand. On the other hand, NH has had a very C-heavy configuration on transpacs for a while, even in comparison to JL. Almost all of their transpacs now have more cabin space devoted to C than to Y, and on the few occasions when I've enjoyed it, the C cabin has been chock full of pax. I don't know whether they have better corporate contracts or a better reputation or what, but they are selling a ton of really expensive long-haul seats.

I am surprised that the domestic variant of the 787 will have 2-4-2 seating in the back. ANA generally loves to cram the pax in on domestic flights, and a 3-3-3 setup on the 787 would be completely normal by Japan domestic standards. Compare to their infamous 514-seat "sardine can" 777-300...

[​IMG]
  13. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

JAL is actually more C heavy with 77 C seats vs NH's 68/52 staggered seats on their 773's

[​IMG]
  14. joejones
    • Original Member

joejones Silver Member

In terms of cabin space taken up, though, ANA's latest configuration wins by a nose...

[​IMG]

And their old configuration is almost exactly the same as JAL's, only with a bit less premium economy.

[​IMG]

Compare this to UA's new 772 config, which relatively minimizes the amount of "upgrade class" available...

[​IMG]
    JALPak likes this.
  15. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

As you noted above the UA configuration(actually most North American airlines) is back end heavy. We should remember that neither JL or NH upgrade anyone (well sometimes, and if you do get upgraded run out immediately and buy a lotto ticket). My more recent flights on NH have all been full in or near full in C. And on those 2 flights that I sat in Y those cabins were full too. I am elated if they can make money with configuration like that.....it will be a very comfortable way to fly!
    JALPak likes this.
  16. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

I bet NH will probably do 9 abreast for their domestic 787 eventually
  17. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Absolutely, as will JAL! We still haven't seen what the real domestic cabin aircraft will look like.
    briantoronto likes this.
  18. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Why do so many airlines configure their planes with middle seats in business class. These should be blocked off and turned into permanent tables until the seating can be re-done. It's disgusting for what people pay for these seats.
  19. joejones
    • Original Member

joejones Silver Member

Actually, I'm starting to notice the opposite problem. So many business class seats are turning into "isolation booths" that it's getting harder to find a cabin suitable for traveling with a spouse/significant other/business partner/friend.

I'm sure there are a few folks, like expats who can travel with their families in business class, who like having blocks of 3 up front. Of course it isn't an ideal setup for the majority of front cabin travelers who are going solo.
  20. briantoronto
    • Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

On the whole, I think is is preferable to be in isolation from family for a few hours versus being close to a stranger.
    MSPeconomist likes this.
  21. QSG
    • Original Member

QSG Gold Member

The US and new CX C/J seats have a middle pair that face each other on a slant.....(takes care of couples and bizness associates on junkets)
    http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trav...yfirst/envoysuite.html?c=glam_00728&re=1&re=1
    http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/whatonboard/newbusinessclass