1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

ANA announces SEA and SJC as new 787 destinations!

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by JALPak, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/aboutana/press/2011/111221.html

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    • Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Crazy, SJC. Guess I know what flight I'll want to take from NRT next time.

3. Toula
    • Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Wow as a SV resident, I love the introduction of the SJC flight. My perception is, and it could be wrong, that SJC is actually a better airport for getting in and out of, and is subject to a lot less delays due to weather.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

I live much closer to SFO, but I might still try the new ANA flight of of these days. Haven't flown out of SJC in about ten years (but picked up lots of WN-flying relatives and friends).

5. LIH Prem
    • Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

AA gave up on that route, but lots has changed since then. The runways are longer, and AA no longer has a mini hub in SJC. And with the 787, hopefully there won't be cargo or pax restrictions like AA had to implement so they didn't have to make a fuel stop in Oakland (which they did when they first started the route.)

ANA won't get anything but O&D out of SJC, so it will be interesting to see how that route works out for them. Is it daily service? Did they say?

Personally I hate SJC and avoid it like the plague, but I understand that if you live in San Jose or points south, that it might be more convenient for you. (I'm sure most of you will say there's no "might" about it.)

-David

6. Rob
    • Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Any word on SJC service, other than still sometime in fiscal year 2012?

mrredskin likes this.
  7. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

yeah, Would be REALLY nice to know within next few weeks, as I'm planning a big *A award

DIG/R_1K likes this.
  8. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Do we know if the SJC service will have flat beds in Business? I'm guessing all new planes will have current-generation seats, but do we know for sure?

It would be interesting to check out SJC for long-haul intl. I used to fly WN and Reno Air(!) every week out of SJC years ago, was always happy with the airport. Haven't been there for years now.

9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    • Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

I was on a project in Silicon Valley last year where ANA reps came to my client to pitch their product... which was pre 787. They were already talking about their new staggered business flat beds for their 773's and on their website, seem to be doing the same w/ the 787. I'll be trying this seat out in a few months on a 773 from NRT to LAX.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_common/inflight/guide/c/seat/
    [​IMG]

BOEING787- 8

ANA BUSINESS STAGGERED (new Boeing 787-8)

10. global_happy_traveller
    • Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

I have tried it and it was impressive. I really like the wide area for the leg too, as opposed to the narrowing ottoman in the herringbone seats or having to sleep diagonally on the SQ J seats

11. miketown
    • Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Does anyone know what gate the SEA-NRT flight will be departing from when the route starts later this month?

12. global_happy_traveller
    • Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Looking at booking NH flights (reward ones) for next year, why does it show as 777-300

13. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Your perception is correct.

14. miketown
    • Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Looks like this NH1077 will be departing Seattle from S16.

15. TheBeerHunter
    • Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

16. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

17. Rob
    • Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Looks like NRT-SJC/vv is bookable, and has open award availability in Y and J (viewing on united.com); operates MWFSS.