Any Gleeks Out There?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AmericanGirl, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Okay, so when Glee first started I ignored it as I thought it was not my cup of tea. Well, I was sick with the flu a few weeks ago and for some unknown reason watched the entire Gleekathon for Season 2. Now I'm hooked! I love the singing and while the characters and humor are a bit odd for my taste, I am now officially a Gleek [​IMG]

I feel a bit silly, but that's not a bad thing....

2. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

We've watched every episode since the first one. We generally watch them on Hulu+ now rather than DVR'ing them. Had bought a season pass through iTunes last year but they jacked up the price this year and it's considerably cheaper to watch on Hulu.

Our favorite new character is Darren Criss who plays Blaine and is the lead singer with The Warbler's.

jbcarioca, secretsea18 and Points like this.
  3. kellio
    • Original Member

kellio Gold Member

I love this show. I watch it with my 14 y.o. daughter and some of the plot lines are very topical. It generates some good, active discussion between us.

savydog, jbcarioca and Points like this.
  4. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

OMG! Darren Criss is awesome and so dang cute. I love the Kurt and Blaine interaction.

jbcarioca and Points like this.
  5. Wurm
    • Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Although I usually disdain "performing kids" shows, I promised my niece I'd watch it because one of the cast ("Kurt") is my older sister's nephew (via marriage).

I tried - I watched the episode that came on after the Super Bowl, but it simply isn't my cup of Earl Grey. Obvious talent amongst the cast, but the writing seems hackneyed and too reliant on old formulaic bromides, and the singing too homogenized. To me, a glee club would sound good but not enhanced-perfect. I will try it again at some point - maybe the post SB time slot was bad for giving it a chance (I realize the danger of dropping right into the middle of an ensemble show).

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

I agree with the writing and it does seem forced. I guess I like it because I don't listen to music too often (shame on me) and enjoy their covers. Tell your niece and sister that Chris does a wonderful job!

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. travelingmore
    • Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

It's a lot of fun. When it's good, it's great -- some of the music and arrangements have been a joy to watch and hear. Some guest stars outstanding, and a rare chance to see them --e.g. Idina Menzel. Dancing very enjoyable too. But my interest peaked so I don't watch as much now.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. techgirl
    • Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

I'm a huge Gleek. HUGE.

I can totally relate to a lot of the show as someone who has spent most of my life (age 9 and up) performing on and off in show or glee choirs. I'm in two ensembles now and the one great thing about this show has been the uptick in interest in choral groups.

I also like how they are taking a lot of old "standards" from the show tunes repertoire and introducing them to the mainstream. And who doesn't need a bit more Sondheim in their life at times. ;)

9. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

It is worth for the Journey hits alone.

10. DenverBrian
    • Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Sam.

Those lips.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. noname2
    • Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Love the show. It's one of the few shows we actually watch. There's a character for everyone. Mr. Shue and Bambi are just too cute!

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

I am going to Hulu last night's show today. I am visiting my elderly mother and her TV isn't the greatest. Since I love NCIS too, it's one or the other.

And Blaine (Darren Criss) OMG just too cute.

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

The Lindsay Lohan jokes are not bad either.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I am... I am... I am

I think the alcohol episode was awesome. Although I read somewhere about Blaine exploring bisexuality, I didn't think it would start from spin the bottle. He was cute when he was drunk.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. mikeef
    • Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

One of my favorite lines was a Mr. Schu dream sequence when he said, "C'mon, think! There must be a Journey song we haven't done yet!"

Mike

jbcarioca, TRAVELSIG and AmericanGirl like this.
  16. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

Finally watched Tuesday's episode last night and it was great. Yes, any Journey song is fine by me. I still have my old Journey albums (yes, I said albums.....)

jbcarioca and CherylD like this.
  17. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Please tell me they are LPs!

jbcarioca and AmericanGirl like this.
  18. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

Indeed they are [​IMG]

jbcarioca and TRAVELSIG like this.
  19. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

I still have my LP collection as well, and 3 turntables :)

jbcarioca, CherylD and AmericanGirl like this.
  20. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

I still have a turntable as well and we took it out the other day to test the stylus. Love it!

jbcarioca likes this.
  21. kingalien
    • Original Member

kingalien Silver Member

Another fan here. I ogle at the blonde cheerleader (the one that was pregnant in season one) :D

Have all the episodes on my iPad.

jbcarioca likes this.
  22. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Quinn :) :

[​IMG]

23. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Do you believe this is the same Darren Criss aka Blaine:

[​IMG]

They've got him so made-up on Glee that he's hard to recognize in real life.

24. KIXman
    • Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

I saw one out there wandering the intertubes.

[​IMG]

jbcarioca likes this.
  25. secretsea18
    • Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

I like to watch Glee too! A very cute show.

However, I just don't care too much for the Blaine character. Don't know why, but he is just... meh to me.

Can anyone explain why the girls kids all walk around in their Cheer-ios uniforms all the time. I must have missed the episode where they explained that.

savydog and jbcarioca like this.