1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Any Gleeks Out There?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AmericanGirl, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I agree. They make him look like a prep school boy. But OMG... in this picture... he's like... 5 times cuter than his Blaine character... [​IMG]

Cholula and jbcarioca like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I have never heard of Glee or Gleeks except in the context of glee clubs, but I suspect none of you were alive then.

AmericanGirl likes this.
  3. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Blaine's easily our favorite nowadays although we also like Brittany and that Owen Wilson look-a-like with the mop of blond hair (don't know his stage name).

The Cheerios uniforms thing is, just my WAG, a chance to show some skin as well as to show who the cheerleaders are in the group. Since season one there has been an ongoing conflict between Sue Sylvester and Mr. Schuster and the Cheerio's have been caught in the middle.

But what do I know. [​IMG]

4. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

I'm sure I have socks older than you are.

5. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

That is appalling. Socks were invented long after my birth.

AmericanGirl, Points and Cholula like this.
  6. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I think you're spot on about the Cheerios.

The blond guy's name is Sam (played by Chord Overstreet). I thought he had Bieber hair. [​IMG]

Cholula likes this.
  7. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Thanks. Didn't remember his name.

And I guess Sam is closer in age to Bieber than Wilson so you're right.

But then again I think you can say Bieber also has Owen Wilson hair as, except for the Beatles, he has been the most visible person with that mop of hair. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Points and penumpang like this.
  8. kingalien
    • Original Member

kingalien Silver Member

IMO, the episode last Tuesday was....weird. In fact both the episodes with Gwyneth have been weird because it seems the writers are forcing the musical numbers into the storyline instead of the other way around.

9. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Shh... I haven't seen last Tuesdays episode yet as I am on European timing :)

10. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I'm nominating this post as a contender for the hottest post on MP. [​IMG]

Cholula likes this.
  11. Wurm
    • Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

So it's HOT you want, eh? Here's a double dose:

[​IMG]

kellio and Cholula like this.
  12. noname2
    • Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Glee has made me think Gwenth Paltrow is much more diverse than I'd realized. I'd love to see a spicy romance ensue and Bambi get all jealous! They are such fun characters!

AmericanGirl likes this.
  13. AmericanGirl
    • Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

We won't spill the beans for our Euro folks who haven't seen Tuesday yet. Tuesday was interesting [​IMG]

But, my oh my, that Blaine:

[​IMG]

Cholula and penumpang like this.
  14. bakedpatato
    • Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

True but the music was funny(took me a second to realize she was singing F*** you)...and Gwyneth is one of my favorite actresses. Some of that is due to her being married to Chris Martin though :p
    I'm still reeling over Glee's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody... but I do watch it enough to have heard all the non pop covers(my life is already full of hearing music by talentless cocaine huffing fools such as Bruno Mars...;))
    I relate to Glee because I loved my years acting for the musicals at my high school...and as a theater minor with a soft spot for musicals...yeah. My high school years were not as cheesy though as I was the only straight guy in the department...however the girls loved me ;)

15. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Exactly my oh my... I wish I could like this post 10 times! ;)

techgirl and Cholula like this.
  16. noname2
    • Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Tonight's original music was actually quite good. I wonder if this is going to be a new trend.

penumpang likes this.
  17. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I agree. Tonight's episode was overall enjoyable. :) And, they kissed!

18. ACEDAD
    • Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Just because it's easier to continue cheerleading stereotypes.

And funny.

19. MadameConcorde
    • Original Member

MadameConcorde Silver Member

I am a Concorde gleek.

20. Jubileesmom
    • Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

I've never watched "Glee". Brother and family has and I keep thinking I might but? Haven't quite gotten there

21. mikeef
    • Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

I'd like to share some thoughts, if I may:

I started watching this show in the middle of Season 1. Unlike most shows, where you have to watch several episodes to figure out which characters do what, I was drawn in and hooked within minutes. I felt like I knew exactly who belonged where.

They're #1! The cast of Glee just passed The Beatles for most songs by non-solo acts to appear on the Billboard 100.

Kurt and Brittany are my faves on the show. Her comic timing is simply unmatched. Definition of a ballad: "A male duck."

The introduction of the Warblers and Kurt's transfer were extremely daring moves that I believed saved Season 2. There were several episodes this year that should have been "gimmes," such as the pilot, Britney Spears, Rocky Horror and Michael Jackson. And the show managed to screw up all of them. Adding any characters is often a sign of desperation/jumping the shark (Oliver, anyone?) and adding as many as the show did could have confused the audience. But somehow, they managed to integrate the Warblers nicely and save the season with some stronger episodes. I have to be honest: the Kurt/Blaine romance seems a bit forced, but I do enjoy it.

There have been some wonderful performances on the show and it is hard to pick my favorites. I was going to go with five originally, but couldn't decide among my Top Six. So six it is.

#6: "Last Christmas," Rachel and Finn. This song absolutely epitomized their relationship, as they walked up and down the rows of Christmas trees and kept missing each other. And it's just a rockin' song.

5. "Telephone," Rachel and Sunshine. One of the things I hated about this overall episode is that while Rachel is conceited and selfish, she's not truly evil, like she was portrayed in S2 E1. But as they circle each other, it's hard not to LOL at the way Sunshine is clearly enjoying herself and Rachel looks like she is going to eat her opponent. And Sue Sylvester ends it in a classic manner.

4. "Don't Stand so Close to me/Young Girl (mash-up)," Mr. Schu. Awesome performance, great singing and he absolutely, positively screwed up the message, to my delight. Rachel's performance of "Crush" later in the episode could have ranked if it had been longer than six seconds.

3. "Safety Dance," Artie. This was the performance that I couldn't find a place for, but it better defined any character than any other song has in the show. The idea of a flash mob was inspired.

2. "My Life Would Suck Without You," Group. I have to admit, had this been at the end of any other episode, it might not have ranked so high. But the episode was on such a high already that, when mingled with the scenes of Mr. Schu chasing Emma, it has the highest feel-good quotient of any single scene in either season.

1. "Journey Medley," Group. The Regionals performance is still the one to beat. 'Nuff said.

Mike

DenverBrian, kellio, Cholula and 3 others like this.
  22. Points
    • Original Member

Points Silver Member

From what I've heard, Brittany (Heather Morris) had never acted before Glee. She was primarily a dancer and a singer.

The producers of the show have begged her NOT to take acting lessons as it would spoil her delivery. She comes across somewhat unpolished and air-headed now and that's part of her attraction.

I like her, Blaine, Chris and Puck. Not as crazy about Finn or Rachel any more.

I do like Will and Emma as well. I don't like the Sue Sylvester character at all. Jane Lynch is a very talented actress and plays the role well but she reminds me of too many folks just like her I've known over my life.

Trivia which most of you might already know. In real life, Artie, Will and Puck are best of friends and go everywhere together. And Rachel and Quinn are roommates in real life.

23. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

My favorites are Blaine, Sam, Quinn, and Santana. I'm also kinda tired of Rachel and Finn. I think they should give more air time to others.

I heard that some of the students will (be written to) graduate, which may mean they will have new characters to replace them... is that true? Do we know who is freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior? I don't recall anyone saying anything about what grade they are.

My favorite performances are Lucky (Jason Mraz) by Sam and Quinn, and Animal (Neon Trees) by the Warblers.

Btw, today they release a Warblers CD... Guess who's gonna buy one? Me :D.

Cholula likes this.
  24. Cholula
    • Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

"The college students who make up the Tufts University Beelzebubs voice the Warblers that back "Glee" series regular and Warblers lead vocalist Darren Criss. As the cast of "Glee" films and records in Los Angeles, the Beelzebubs record their parts in between classes, in a studio about a mile away from their Somerville, Mass. campus."

Here's additional info on The Beelzebub's aka The Warbler's.

Points likes this.
  25. mikeef
    • Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

I believe Rachel is a junior. I don't know about any of the rest of them.

Given all of the characters, I believe that the only one that the show couldn't survive without is Will.

Mike

Cholula likes this.