Asia SkyMiles Members Can Share Unlimited Miles With Family For Fixed Fee

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ballardFlyer, Nov 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Silver Member

Saw the "Asia Share Miles" program on DL.com today - never noticed it before. Details here: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/buy-or-transfer-miles/asia-share-miles.html

Basically, there is a fixed fee structure of between $200-400 (for 2-4 sharers) to have unlimited mile sharing amongst those people. Unlimited sharing for a fixed fee is much better than US mile sharing prices.

I have family in HKG and could possibly use this, but T&Cs don't seem all that clear. It seems to read that if my family in HKG opens the account then any other Skymiles member can be a recipient? Or do all members need an APAC address too?
  2. mhenner

mhenner Active Member

Hawaiian Airlines will let everyone transfer their miles into a single account, at no cost, provided that account holder has the HA Air Visa. Then, when the miles are pooled, they can be redeemed for anyone. Even non-family members.
    ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

The HA program sounds nice. BA has a somewhat similar program where miles are pooled for a family and the percentages of miles contributed by each member then match the % used when booking an award for any family member (e.g. I have 70% of the miles in the pool so a 70k of a 100k redemption comes from my miles). BA's is also free, but then you can only book tickets for family members until you dissolve the account.
  4. ballardFlyer