1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Best way from LGA to EWR?

Discussion in 'Airports' started by catgirl, Jun 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Hi. I guess the title of the post says it all. :)

I will be arriving into LGA around 8:30 pm on a Friday night and need to make my way to EWR to meet a friend of mine. We are then planning to use the hotel shuttle from EWR to get to our hotel.

I will only have a small carry-on bag with me that fits under the seat, so not a lot of luggage to worry about. I would prefer not a limo service because I don't want to pay more than what my ticket cost to LGA to get to EWR. The fares to EWR were (and are) outrageous.

I have only cabbed/private car from LGA/JFK to and from Manhattan on my companies dime. :)

Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jbcarioca and 744 like this.
  2. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

look at:

http://www.etsairportshuttle.com/

or click:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/lga-airport-connections.html

and scroll down to lga-ewr options

jbcarioca and catgirl like this.
  3. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Thank you very much!!! :)

4. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

You're welcome. They're not great options, but its the best I can come up with!!!
    Hopefully others can come up with better ideas.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

The airport shuttles seems very reasonable at $32.00.

I am looking at the Air Train options and it seems I need to make my way to Penn Station from LGA. I guess a google search is in order to explore the Air Train option. :)

jbcarioca, DeltaExpert and 744 like this.
  6. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

Air Train is easy. Penn station is a relatively easy place to transit when connecting between airports. But I agree with you, at $32.00, it seems a very reasonable way to go, and you dont have to worry about catching trains and transferring around. $32.00 point to point is a deal!

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Exactly - I like to keep things as simple as possible, lol. $32.00 especially in the NYC city is a very reasonable fare, considering a cab to ORD would cost more for me. :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. sparxe
    • Original Member

sparxe Silver Member

As far as I know, in order to take all public transit... from LGA you would have to take a bus to a subway to Penn Station, and then to NJ Transit to the AirTrain to EWR. $32 to avoid all that seems pretty good, especially since NJ Transit to Air Train is about $12.50.

9. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

You could go on an airport run! LGA taxi or shuttle to JFK, Airtrain eventually to EWR. now that sounds like FUN!!!:confused:

jbcarioca, sparxe and catgirl like this.
  10. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Oh, that sounds awful, lol. :eek:

I think I will stick with the $32.00 option, lol. ;)

11. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

You havent lived until you get a whiff of a NYC cabbie!!! Enjoy your trip!

jbcarioca and Jimgotkp like this.
  12. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Oh I have had my fair share of sniffs, lol. Not so bueno. :confused:

13. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Even if you don't have a lot of luggage, all of the transfers and crowded subways sound awful. I tend to feel like a pickpocket target in such situations, especially if I have the questioning look of an out-of-town person. I'd do the shuttle.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

From the opposite, starving-student perspective:

The M60 bus goes from LGA to 125th Street, from which you can get on the subway going downtown. The PATH train to Newark leaves Penn Station, and you switch to NJ Transit. Alternatively, there are buses from LGA to midtown Manhattan locations. http://www.nyairportservice.com/

But, yes, the $32 for direct service LGA-EWR sounds good if you value your time.

15. 744
    • Original Member

744 Gold Member

Glad my days as a student are long gone!!! :p

catgirl and jbcarioca like this.
  16. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I used to be a NYC cabbie and I washed regularly even then! I made the LGA-EWR trip a year ago entirely on public transport to prove it was possible and win a bet. The total time was four hours and fifteen minuted, the total cost was $16.50. The $32 shuttle is such a bargain. Please don't consider another alternative.

MSPeconomist, catgirl and 744 like this.
  17. catgirl
    • Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

I am meeting my friend at EWR that night to head to the hotel before our run the next day. I am sure she would be a little peeved if I took 4 hours to meet her, lol.

The shuttle wins hands down. Thanks to all! :)

744 likes this.