CDG airport hotels advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by cotter77, May 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    • Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

got a 24 hour layover in Paris next month. Planning of going into paris for the day and walking around but want to sleep at the airport for an early flight.
    I am looking at the hilton CDG (gold), Sheraton CDG (gold), and the Novotel, Ibis and Pullman hotels (got free accor platinum). Looks like i can get away with 30,000 points at the hilton and 12,000 SPG points at the sheraton (seemed steep), but cash at the accor hotels
    any advice on where to crash?
    Flying Bat likes this.
  2. sobore
    • Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Just an FYI, here are a few off-airport properties that have a free shuttle to the airport. (Starting nightly price shown)

€60 Comfort Hotel Airport CDG
    €63 Millennium Hotel Paris
    €65 All Seasons Roissy CDG
    €89 Pullman Paris CDG
    Flying Bat and rwoman like this.
  3. southender
    • Original Member

southender Silver Member

hands down- Sheraton CDG- no traffic issues (except folks trying to use luggage carts on the moving sidewalk!); well worth the price for the convenience of not dealing with Paris traffic- even just around the terminals. and you can take the trains to and from Paris from under the hotel!
    TRAVELSIG likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    • Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Another vote for the Sheraton for the pure convenience.

The Hilton is not a bad hotel if you can't get a room at the Sheraton- it is just the hassle of the shuttle van.
  5. MileMonster

MileMonster Silver Member

The Park Inn by Carlson is only 28,000 points per night. It's not the greatest hotel there but with the current "Big Night Giveaway" starting May 15th one could obtain the points rather cheap.
  6. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Just checked out of the CDG Hilton this morning, considering the rate I paid I was pretty happy. The Sheraton is pretty pricey because of its prime location but the Hilton is also linked to CDG by the CDGVAL, no more than a 5 minute walk from the front door of the Hilton if you don't want to wait for the shuttle bus which runs 4 times an hour. As a HH Gold I got upgraded to a Junior Suite (pretty miserable "suite" but no complaints) with a view of the tarmac and the Concorde. You can't beat the Sheraton for location but I'd happily stay at the Hilton again.
  7. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

I'm a fan of the Sheraton but it can be expensive if it's pretty full for the night when you book. As a Plat, I'm upgraded to their Club floor where the evening food and (alcoholic) beverage offerings are very genereous. It's also nice that the train station is right underneath and if you're departing from Terminal 2, it's all in the same building.

However, without the free lounge or if one's flights were arriving and departing from Terminal 1, IMO it would definitely not be worth the price.

Rooms are small with small bathroooms (decent toiletries) but have good beds, very useable and large desks, coffee makers and supplies, so very efficient and well equipped, almost reminiscent of some German hotels in this category.

There's the @link business center in the lobby, which should have free wifi and printers for all. Plats get free internet in the room and Golds can choose it at check in.
  8. cotter77
    • Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

i am only SPG gold
    hoping for an upgrade...but i guess no club floor for me..
  9. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

On my last layover I stayed at the Marriott, which is a comp bus ride offsite. It is a curious experience as the little area where you are dropped off is reminiscent of a shopping mall, all the usual brands cheek by jowl.

I have no complaints about the comfort or standards of the property in which I stayed, but it very far from an authentic Paris experience.