Charity Auction: New United status auction

Discussion in 'Charity Event Bidding' started by tommy777, Dec 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Folks,

Thank you to all who bid on the upgraded United status through 1/2014.

What statuses were available? 15 status upgrades available total, breakdown is

3x Premier 1K
    4x Premier Platinum
    4x Premier Gold status
    4x Premier Silver status.

You will receive an upgrade of your status, not the PQMs. You will receive 6 GPUs if you win 1K, but not the RPUs for 1K and Platinum

The auction has ended. For the winners, your account will be upgraded after payment is received and might take 4-6 weeks to happen.

All proceeds will go to United We Care and other milepoint charities, like Livestrong.

Happy bidding!

wrxmom, gleasonja, brfong and 5 others like this.
  2. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

I thought you swore off doing future auctions via PMs after the last one! :)

guberif and mowogo like this.
  3. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Sorry, no better ideas out there except buying an auction voting software, which is not an alternative as we want ALL the proceeds to go to charity ;)

4. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Folks,

Please don't start out by asking what the bids are at. Please start somewhere you're comfortable with and I'll let you know if you're in the ballpark.

Cheers

5. AsherO

AsherO Active Member

What, no GS?

6. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

No, we had a discussion and decided to not auction it off at this time

7. marcocean

marcocean Silver Member

So, what happened to it and when will we have the opportunity to win it? Thanks.

perryplatypus likes this.
  8. Jenny & Curt
    • Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

May we gift the status to someone else if we win?

9. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Only if that someone is me! :)

mowogo likes this.
  10. Elite Flyer

Elite Flyer Active Member

I would like to place a bid, how do I?

11. gleasonja

gleasonja Active Member

@Elite Flyer - Click on tommy777's avitar (Star Mega DO4 "icon"), then click on the words "Start a Conversation" and tell him which one you want to bid on and how much you want to bid (guys, correct me if I'm wrong please!!! Don't wanna lead anyone astray!)

12. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Follow gleasonja advice!

gleasonja likes this.
  13. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Folks,

Only a couple of hours till the auction ends. If you have already submitted your best and final bid, and have been outbid, thank you for playing.

For those still in the running, this is how the last 5 minutes will go down:

I will reply to all conversations before the 5 minute mark if you get outbid during that frenzy.

You then have to submit your best and final bid within the last 5 minutes (if you change your mind and want to up your bid, please send another message before the auction is over). After the auction ends, I will go through all bids and get back to everyone.

Good luck!

flamingo likes this.
  14. redcat255

redcat255 Active Member

Well that was fun. Thanks to tommy and all others who were involved in making this happen!

15. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Tommy, Please when this is done would it be possible to for you to post broad anonymous winning price ranges each? For people like me who are unfamiliar with UA status it would be nice to know for future opportunities.

16. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Folks,

Auction has ended. Thank y'all for participating.

Cheers

-Tommy

adamhoolhorst, flamingo and guberif like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.