Chase United Mileage Plus

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by somempire, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire Silver Member

Does anyone knows what the minimum credit score to get approve for the Chase Unite Mileage Plus card? 709 is my score
    miles and smiles likes this.
  2. jimmycopp Active Member

According to most websites it's a very good to excellent score needed...I would say 740 and up...but if u get turned down try the reconsider line chase has...sorry don't know it
    • Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

I don't think you need a 740 per se. Generally, it is more than just your credit score they consider. It's your whole credit history that the computer puts into whatever algorithm they have and spits out. Either way, definitely try recon if you don't get instant approval.

Good luck!
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Do you have any other credit card or banking accounts with Chase? Your mentioning a score of 709. Is it a FICO score or a FAKO score that you can get via different sources paid or unpaid?
  3. yaychemistry Silver Member

My own anecdotal evidence suggests that if you have a previous relationship (like another Chase card that you've kept in good standing for a little while) they can be lenient with approving you for new cards (up to a limit - they don't want you to have too many c.c.s from them).
    miles and smiles and TAHKUCT like this.
  4. Efilon87 Silver Member

I got approved with a 700. If you get denied call the reconsideration line: 888-245-0625
    mrredskin and miles and smiles like this.
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Agree with you. Chase will take into consideration any relationship that you have with them.
    • Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Just wondering, which one of the scores is everyone talking about?
  5. somempire Silver Member

709 on creditkarma
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Creditkarma can be way off for some folks. For me, creditkarma has been off about 10 points, but I have read reports where folks say their creditkarma score is 50 points off.
    Frugal Travel Guy has a list of credit companies from which you can get your credit scores for free (as long as you remember to cancel their service within a week). Also, banks and credit card companies you already have accounts with may have offers by which you can get your scores with all 3 companies. I got mine via AMEX credit secure for $1.
    mrredskin and TAHKUCT like this.
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

For me creditkarma has been off 10-25 points.
  6. Efilon87 Silver Member

CK was off by 35 points for me. Im registered with Costco Identity Guard. I get my score and report every month. But in terms of the score Chase pulled, experian.
  7. jeffrey930 Silver Member

Creditkarma score for me was 703 my fico score from myfico.com was 735 check 2 days ago.
    mrredskin and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. jeffrey930 Silver Member

I was approve also for the 60K united explorer promo! It's my first airline credit card! :)
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Welcome to the world of credit card miles earning opportunities! ;)
    mailbroad likes this.
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Another proof that creditkarma score is not very accurate.
  9. somempire Silver Member

I applied over the weekend and it said: application under review. I will give them a call on Tues. Thanks everyone for all the inputs.
    yaychemistry likes this.
  10. nova Silver Member

Just FYI it may not be where they can do anything with it by then.

I applied Friday, got the review message as well. Called the automated status line early Sunday, and new experience, it wouldn't give me any info. Put in my SSN and it just asks if I want to repeat info or end the call.

So I call the reconsideration line late Sunday to see if I can expedite the review. The rep was very nice, said that he could see the application but couldn't manipulate anything until it had exited what he called a "systemic review." Now maybe that's their system analyzing the impact of that card with all my other cards but who knows.

The rep did say he would put the app on his monitor list and call me back as soon as there was an update to the status. I am rather impressed with Chase's service level in that regard...
    deant and LETTERBOY like this.
  11. dagaetch Active Member

I had an odd experience - applied on a Friday, called on Wednesday to check and was told that they didn't have a decision made yet. The next days mail had a rejection letter. So was the agent not able to see the rejection in the file, or did he just not want to deal with me over the phone?

I was able to call the reconsideration line and get approved after moving some credit around.
    deant likes this.
    • Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Probably did not want to deal with it over the phone. I am sure many people get very upset when they get a decline.

Congratulations on getting the approval.
    LETTERBOY likes this.
  12. nova Silver Member

Quick update, the Chase rep did call me back today so +1 to Chase customer service.

I was also approved for the card, with what I call an absolutely shocking $20k limit I might add. I guess Chase decided I'm really credit worthy...
    LETTERBOY likes this.
  13. somempire Silver Member

Called Chase consideration line and got approved. Thanks everyone for your input
    nova likes this.
  14. nova Silver Member

just a quick follow up does anybody know how long it will take for the first use bonuw to show up?
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

typically after the due date of that statement you made the purchase on. some do it after you make payment on that charge.
    nova likes this.
  15. nova Silver Member

Good deal. Time to experiment with paying the charge off to see if I can expedite the process.
    mrredskin likes this.