Conrad Rangali Island Maldives

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Bigcountry, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

No more free breakfasts for Diamonds here. If you look at the website, the only difference between Diamonds and Golds at this resort is that Diamonds get a free bottle of sparkling wine, while Golds get non-sparkling wine. Breakfast, a standard Diamond benefit if you choose it in MyWay, will no longer be given here.

This is not a smart move by the hotel, and Hilton corporate should step in here. When one is paying, through cash or through points, a high price for a stay, cutting a standard benefit for the highest level elites is not a good idea.

Please reconsider.
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Wow. If there's one Hilton unique selling proposition it's breakfast. Crazy.
    • Original Member

AroundTheWorld Active Member

That is indeed crazy. I still have a reservation there that states breakfast as a benefit, but it just seems to go blatantly against the Hilton standard. And while I think they will still honor the benefits from the reservation confirmation, I'm afraid they will try to add that money onto any paid upgrade to a nicer room.
  1. javacodeguy Gold Member

Wow they even did away with the excursions. They really cut back on benefits.

I was thinking of going for Diamond next year because of the differences it can make at these resorts. If Rangali is a sign of things to come, why bother?
    • Original Member

AroundTheWorld Active Member

But...but...you get one bottle of SPARKLING wine instead of just wine! That should be worth the 12 extra stays! ;)
    unavaca and From NYC like this.