Dining for Miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Mileage Junky, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mileage Junky
    • Original Member

Mileage Junky Silver Member

These programs offer miles/points for dining at participating locations and using a registered credit card. They also run promotions throughout the year to receive bonuses. A good tip is to use your card multiple times for small transactions to get to the VIP level. Below is an overview of all the different programs available.

Sky Miles Dining (Delta)

3 miles per dollar spent as an online member
    5 miles per dollar spent once you have had 12 dines or more per year

AAdvantage Dining (American Airlines)

Mileage Plan Dining (Alaska Airlines)

Dividend Miles Dining (US Airways)

Mileage Plus Dining (United Airlines)

Rapid Rewards Dining (Southwest Airlines)

.25 Credits per $100 spent

Priority Club Rewards Dining (Priority Club)

5 points per dollar spent as an online member
    8 points per dollar spent once you have had 12 dines or more per year

Hilton HHonors Dining (Hilton)

5 miles per dollar spent as an online member
    8 miles per dollar spent once you have had 12 dines or more per year
  2. ArizonaGuy
    • Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

If you use multiple of these, note there is the annoyance that even though it's the same rewards company behind them you must have a separate login ID for each. Then you have to remember which program has which card(s) registered to it if you do this to maintain balances in various programs.

Another gotcha. Chase credit card authorized users - the authorized user card # is the same # as the primary #. This is dumb for several reasons but one relates to this program. While not seriously important, it is worth noting that if I register the card # in a program, my wife cannot subsequently register her authorized user card in another program as the system will reject it.
    lin821 likes this.
  3. TrueBlueFlyer
    • Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

I love when they offer promo's, where effectively for a few bux you get more miles than flying on a fully paid fare.
    For me its easy to know what program benefits from dining, UA visa for MP dining and AA mc for AA dining :)
  4. joesmoe
    • Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

I've earned thousands of points through the AA Program, and have no problems/complains with it. The bar a block from my house is a member too, and the drinks count.

Be sure to fill ou the surveys so you get a few extra points.
    BobbyOrr likes this.
  5. sinfonia
    • Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

And take advantage of the 500 mile birthday bonus!
    BobbyOrr likes this.
  6. sinfonia
    • Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Starwood Preferred Guest members can take advatange of their new Dine With Us program. Guests may earn 50% off meals, 500 points for lunch, 1000 points for dinner, or other offers.

http://www.spgdinewithus.com/

Earn miles for dining in:

Atlanta
    British Columbia
    Boston
    Chicago
    D.C.
    NYC
    San Francisco
    Scottsdale

Terms and Conditions

Atlanta - Spice Market: This offer is valid for dinner Sunday through Thursday, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates, including February 13 and 14, 2011, and other restrictions may apply.
    Atlanta - Market: This offer is valid for dinner any day of the week, February 8 through February 21, 2011. 50% does not apply to alcoholic beverages. Tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
    Vancouver - Hidden: Offer is valid February 8 through March 31, 2011. Offer is valid Saturday and Sunday for 50% discount on brunch and Sunday through Thursday for prix-fixe dinner menu. Offer code "SPGDINE1" must be provided at the time of making a reservation for dinner and offer code "SPGDINE2" must be provided when making a reservation for brunch to qualify for this offer. The Prix-fixe dinner menu does not include beverages. The 50% discount does not apply to alcoholic beverages. Blackout dates of February 13 and 14, 2011 and other restrictions may apply.
    Boston - Turner Fisheries: This offer is valid for Monday through Thursday, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer valid with purchase of one entrée per guest. Offer code "SPGDINE1" must be provided at the time of making a reservation for dinner and offer code "SPGDINE2" must be provided when making a reservation for lunch to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates, including February 13 and 14, 2011, and other restrictions may apply.
    Chicago - Shula's Steak House: This offer is valid for dinner any day of the week, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Offer is only valid for SPG members and an active SPG member must be provided at the time of booking. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Beverages, tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates, including February 13 and 14, 2011, and other restrictions may apply. Offer not applicable to groups.
    Washington D.C. - J&G Steakhouse: This offer is valid for lunch only seven days a week, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer.
    Washington D.C. - Adour: This offer is valid for dinner Tuesday through Thursday, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Beverages are not included in prix-fixe menu. Tax and gratuity are not eligible to receive Starpoints. Offer must be booked by February 21, 2011 to qualify and offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer.
    New York - Adour: This offer is valid for dinner Sunday through Thursday, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Beverages are not included in prix-fixe menu. Tax and gratuity are not included. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates, including February 13 and 14, 2011 and other restrictions may apply.
    San Francisco - AME: This offer is valid for dinner seven days a week, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Reservation MUST be booked by February 21, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Starpoints are awarded before tax and gratuity. Offer valid with purchase of one entrée per guest. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates of February 13 and 14, 2011 and other restrictions may apply.
    San Francisco - Vitrine: This offer is valid for lunch seven days a week, February 8 through March 31, 2011. Reservation MUST be booked by February 21, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Starpoints are awarded before tax and gratuity. Offer valid with purchase of one entrée per guest. Offer code "SPGDINE" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer. Blackout dates of February 13 and 14, 2011 and other restrictions may apply.
    Scottsdale - Deseo and Brittlebush Bar & Grill: Triple Starpoints offer is valid for dinner at Deseo Wednesday through Sunday and lunch seven-days-per-week at Brittlebush Bar & Grill, from February 8 through March 31, 2011. The reservation MUST be booked by February 21, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Starpoints are awarded before tax and gratuity. Offer code "SPGDINE1" for dinner and "SPGDINE2" for lunch must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer.
    Scottsdale - J&G Steakhouse: Triple Starpoints offer is valid for dinner Sunday through Wednesday from February 8 through March 31, 2011. Only one SPG member will qualify for the bonus Starpoints award. Starpoints are awarded before tax and gratuity. Offer valid for parties of six or less. Offer code "SPGDINE1" must be provided at the time of making a reservation to qualify for this offer.
    Scottsdale - Relish Burger Bistro: 50% discount offer is only available lunch and dinner Sunday through Thursday from February 8 through March 31, 2011. 50% discount is excluded on alcoholic beverages. Offer code "SPGDINE1" must be provided when making a reservation for dinner and offer code "SPGDINE2" must be provided at the time of making a reservation for lunch to qualify for this offer.
    All: Offer is only valid for SPG members and an active SPG number must be provided at the time of booking. Offer not applicable to groups. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. © 2011 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
    ben regelshore likes this.
  7. Casey Friday
    • Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Not a ton of miles, but Dominoes is giving 2 miles per $1 using a registered AAdvantage card. Every mile counts!
  8. CIPAS
    • Original Member

CIPAS Silver Member

currently, they have promotions for additional bonus miles/points after dine + post reviews.
  9. wingspan
    • Original Member

wingspan Silver Member

The QF FF dining partners are quite limited here in Australia. And usually in places that I'm not interested in going to. Would love some of the variety you're all mentioning here!
  10. Mountain Trader
    • Original Member

Mountain Trader Silver Member

We're in most of these programs but the only intentional usage we do is to extend mile expiration and special bonuses.
  11. tanzaniancane
    • Original Member

tanzaniancane Member

+1 - I like the miles but the dining program is definitely super helpful for extending the life of miles in programs that you are less active with!
  12. PHLCaptive
    • Original Member

PHLCaptive Active Member

There's currently a 1,000 mile bonus for new United Mileage Plus Dining users with a $50 minimum spend within 30 days.

http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm?id=U171&detail=y

If anyone knows of any other similar offers please share.
  13. Radio Flyer
    • Original Member

Radio Flyer Active Member

Join the AAdvantage DiningSM program now and start by earning up to 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles with theNew Member Bonus!

1Join the AAdvantage DiningSM program and register for theNew Member Bonus* by March 31, 2011.
    2Spend $25 or more on a single dine within 45 days of joining and complete your post-dine review within 30 days to earn 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.
    3Repeat to earn a grand total of 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles!

http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm
  14. Radio Flyer
    • Original Member

And another one for the skymiles program:

Here's a bright idea for new members: why not start off with 1,100 bonus miles? It's easy with the Light Up 2011 Bonus. Of course, that's 1,100 bonus miles on top of the 3 miles you'll earn for every dollar you spend dining at program places.
    Here's how to do it:
    1Join SkyMiles Dining and register for the Light Up 2011 Bonus.*
    2Spend $25 dining at participating restaurants, bars and clubs over the next 30 days.
    3Complete a review within 30 days of each dine. (The review link will be emailed to you, and it only takes a minute to complete.)
    4Earn 1,100 bonus miles!

http://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm
  15. Radio Flyer
    • Original Member

And finally, AAdvantage is offering double miles right now. I'm waiting until I get VIP status though!

Earn double AAdvantage® miles—and keep 'em coming with theMake It a Double Bonus. You can double the AAdvantage® miles you earn on your next five dines by simply completing your dining reviews.
    Online members will earn 6 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent dining, and VIP Members will earn 10!
    Here are the steps to follow:
    1Register for the Make It a Double Bonus*
    2Dine at a participating restaurant by March 31, 2011
    3Complete your dining review within 30 days of your visit anddouble the AAdvantagee® miles you earned for dining
    4Repeat for up to 5 dines total

http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm?id=A404&detail=y

16. DeacFlyer1
    • Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Thanks for posting...here I thought it only took 10 dines to get to VIP, not 12...thanks for setting me straight!
  17. neil
    • Original Member

neil Silver Member

Remember to take advantage of fast food restaurants in the Rewards Network program for easy VIP status.
    Exiled in Express and BobbyOrr like this.
  18. joesmoe
    • Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Just signedu p for the united offer, thanks!
  19. travelingmore
    • Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

United Dining is also offering double miles per dine until the end of February - this may be the offer you are referring to, or the sign up bonus.
  20. bmg42000
    • Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

If I register my Jetblue Amex for the UA dining program , I could get UA and B6 points for the same transaction. (or do the same for other CC and diversify your miles )
  21. Flyer_Esq
    • Original Member

Flyer_Esq Silver Member

I always forget about the dining programs...I'm signing up for the Delta one right - too bad most of the participating restaurants in my area aren't that great. For 1100 bonus miles, I'm sure I can find something!
  22. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

AA dining currently offers double miles for up to 5 dines until March 31.
  23. darkhunter
    • Original Member

darkhunter Silver Member

nice! wish there was more places that participate in my area.
  24. Jaguar
    • Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Bummer that there are so few good restaurants available in the south bay (San Francisco). I checked both United and American around Mountain View, CA area and while a huge list comes up, the number of known restaurants are so few...
  25. aitchly
    • Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

It helps to have a cheaper option to get you started to full status (MR with drinks!). Then the out of the way or the unknown place is at least tolerable to try if you know you are getting 10 AA (with the current promotion), plus CC points per dollar .