Does Hilton have Senior Rates like Hyatt?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Steven Schwartz, Mar 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

Steven Schwartz Silver Member

When I go to reserve a room at Hilton, I see no option for a Senior Discount. Is it hidden somewhere or just doesn't exist?

Thanks
    • Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Hilton typically has AARP/CARP rates rather than senior rates, availality veries property to property.

The "Date & Preferences" page sometimes has a checkbox that you can click to see the rates. If there's not checkbox, you have to know the "Corporate Account Number" to enter or call to Hilton to book the reservation.
    2soonold likes this.
    • Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Yes, Hilton does have Senior Rates. I did a quick check for the San Francisco Financial District without inputting any codes or checking off any boxes for different prices.

The Senior Rate was about $31 less than the BAR and approximately $10 less than the Advance Purchase for the same room type. I'm not sure which hotels you're searching and/or why the Senior Rate isn't showing up. Maybe if you call in your reservation they could assist you in finding that rate. Here are the rate details:

• Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

I have booked senior rates at many Hilton brand properties. The rate is usually but not always available. For Hampton Inns, you have to input an AARP number to get a senior rate.
    2soonold likes this.
    • Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

One can be told anything over the phone. What I was told was that Hilton had AARP rates.:)
    • Original Member

ella Silver Member

When I go to reserve a Hilton property, the senior rate is listed along with all of the others - usually at the bottom of the list after their "romance" or "shopping" -type packages. It's AARP or age 62.
    Chimpy likes this.
    • Original Member

lili Gold Member

I find the senior rates except for European hotels. They are usually identical to the AAA rate. Both allow cancellation so I prefer them to Advance Purchase, which is sometimes slightly cheaper.