Earn 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points per Stay with Co-branded Citi HHonors Visa

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, Nov 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

CITI-VISA-BONUS-PTS.png
    *This offer is valid for stays completed between November 25, 2013 and February 28, 2014 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort in the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio. Hilton HHonors members must first register at www.HHonors.com/WinterOffer prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period and pay with your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa® card. Registered members will earn 2,500 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Bonus Points will be awarded based on the HHonors number that is used to register for the offer. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

Kalboz and Thomask like this.
  2. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

I got this via old fashioned mail, and it had a picture of a Hilton Citi Reserve card on it, so I assume its open to either Citi card.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

I have a cash & points stay booked for Thursday night. It will be interesting to see if the bonus is triggered without any incidental spend.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. WhiteDesert

Okay, here are the data related to that points & money award night.

The stay was at a Cat 3 DoubleTree and I had no incidental spend on the reservation. My folio posted this morning and the entire charge was $46.20, which is the cash component of the reservation with associated taxes.
    I received the 2500 point HHonors VISA bonus for this stay; it posted immediately, along with my Diamond bonus and the stay credit.

My prediction (based on no data) was that a P&M reservation with no incidental spend would not have triggered the bonus. Needless to say, I'm surprised and delighted by this result.

Kalboz and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

This is great know as it sounds like the minimum and necessary condition is for one to use a Citi HHonors visa during a reward or revenue to earn these bonus points. I have 4 stays booked (3 rewards and 1 revenue) during the promo period, which will be nice chunk of points if they all earn these promo points.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. WhiteDesert

Yeah--based on last Thursday's stay, what you write here is my new working hypothesis.
    If I end up having another reward stay during the promotion period, I'll report back as to the result if it as well, in which case we'll have a little more data to work with.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Thank you for posting! :)

Knowing how much you like HH, this here deal would be great for you especially with your repeat stays there: For a limited time earn 6 extra Hilton HHonors Bonus Points

NYCUA1K likes this.
  8. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

I would add a new data point.

I had a full award stay (IE not cash and points) but there was ~$60 in incidents (late night desert and cocktails in bed was a good plan)

What is interesting, is my account says that it only took off 30000 points, but the expanded view shows base points on the incidentals, my gold bonus AND the 2500 points for using my Reserve card. When I add the totals up I was given the points, even though the UI does not show it.

Kalboz likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

This offer is definitely a "devaluation-buster". The HH point earning from it will be about 50% or 100% of the bonus points one would normally earn for a folio paid with the HH AMEX Surpass or no-fee HH AMEX, respectively. I have a $2.5K+ revenue stay at Conrad Bali coming up that I was going to pay with the Citi Reserve to avoid the foreign transaction fee, but with this promo the AMEX may just come out ahead. I will compute to make sure but I have just registered. Thanks for posting...;)

Kalboz likes this.
  10. WhiteDesert

Yay new data.

Yeah, the last time I did a full award stay was last spring (2013) and my account displayed similar--the higher-level view showed the overall reduction in points but the expanded view showed my Gold bonus and the awarding of whatever the seasonal bonus was last May. My account point total at the time was accurate. It's a sophisticated website...

Kalboz likes this.
  11. WhiteDesert

You were able to successfully register for this? I've been trying since I heard about the promotion, but the system keeps generating an error for me.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Not only did I register successfully, I got a confirmation email:

AX-REG.png

13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Oh, well, I should have read the fine prints. This offer does me no good as I have no domestic stays planned during the promo period:

14. WhiteDesert

Well, that's a shame.
    That said, I'm still glad you were able to register.

15. WhiteDesert

Regarding the Citi Visa 2500 point per stay promotion (which, I have to say, has been pretty damn tasty for me so far): I have a stay in Chicago booked over the night of 28 February - 1 March. Unless I read past it, the terms and conditions aren't particularly clear as to whether checking out on 1 March for the night of 28 February will trigger the bonus. Any predictions? I've currently got this stay reserved on my HHonors AMEX, and so would get the 500 point online booking bonus for the stay as things stand.

16. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

I don't have a Citi Hilton card but have a couple of questions for those who do: (1) is there a foreign currency surcharge with this card? (2) Was this promotion a one-off event or are there such promotions offered from time to time? If so, then it may be definitely worthwhile getting a Citi Hilton card.

17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

(1) There is no foreign transaction fee. I have both the AMEX Surpass, which charges a foreign transaction fee, and the HHonors Citi Reserve visa, and I use the latter for stays overseas and the former for domestic stays.

(2) Promos are offered from time to time and quite frequently. I just got this one recently. I think it is targeted because it is a one click registration.

Citi-promo.jpg

I think that it is a very good card, especially if one stays at Hilton properties overseas.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  18. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

I had a similar question regarding a Hyatt promo. I called and was told I had to check out by the end date on the promo. In other words in your situation, if the promo ends Feb 28 and you check out Mar 1, it would not count. But, that was Hyatt. The best way to find out is to call if it's not clear in the T&C.

19. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Pretty sure that promo is Citi wide. I got it for my TY card for the same places. Wish they gave it to me on my AA card or my HHonors card instead.

20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

I wanted to provide the link for others to register, but could not because clicking the link in my email registered me without my having to input my account number, which suggested that the email was targeted to me. Providing that link to others might have tried to register them using my info... a potential security hole.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  21. WhiteDesert

Yeah. My prediction is actually that. I might get off my ass and call, but I suspect that this stay will not trigger the bonus.

22. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Sometimes the bonus does not get triggered even though a stay fell squarely within the promo period. Between Dec 22, '13 and Jan 7, '14, I stayed at W=A Shanghai, Conrad Bali, Conrad BKK and Conrad HKG and got the promo bonus automatically for all the says except for Conrad Bali, which, ironically, was the only paid stay of the 4! I have not yet called to claim the bonus, but I have no doubt that it will be retro-credited to give me a respectable total of 10K HH points from the promo for the 4 stays.

23. WhiteDesert

Yeah, I've that stuff happen before as well. And yes, I think that a call will square that bonus away for you.