1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Earn 550 MyPoints for Costco membership (225 UA miles)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Muerl, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

So, its not worth a lot of points, but I when I went to initially join costco last year I spent a while looking but could not find anything to gain points for membership at Costco.

So if anyone doesn't already have membership or want to upgrade to executive, its well ... its something for doing so.

I used mypoints for UA miles, but there are also some giftcard options availabile as well.

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/member/costco.vm?src=mmt339791

I tested the link in a non cookies browser, hopefully this helps someone.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Did you try the Entertainment Books route? I haven't used it (because there isn't a Cosco near us), but I think there's a coupon that let's join for 'free'. Quotes around "free" because you have to buy the book first.

Just wonder if anyone's been there/ done that ?

(and this time of year the books are marked down!

DTWBOB

3. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

No, thought that is a good option, Is that in all of them or just certain locals? My wife has been a big fan of them, but we have yet to buy one for where we live now, BOS. Also, not only are the books cheep they are usually attached to a pile of miles when they are trying to get rid of them.

canucklehead likes this.
  4. dayone
    • Original Member

dayone Silver Member

It's pretty easy to earn 550 MyPoints in a short period of time, so this is a pretty painless way to get a Costco membership for free.

canucklehead likes this.
  5. icurhere2
    • Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Got the offer a bit backward - if one pays $55 for the Costco membership, then one receives 550 MyPoints. If the membership itself was only 550 MyPoints, this would be one of the biggest offers on the web ;)

6. alexkgtu

alexkgtu Active Member

exactly - you get 550 points for buying a membership, not other way around.

7. deant
    • Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

We have the Entertainment book and the Costco offer is:
    "Receive an exclusive offer valued at more than $50 when you purchase your $50 Costco Membership Certificate online only at www.entertainment.com/costcocertificates."

Here is the link that it takes you to:
    https://www.121fulfillment.com/certs/partner/entertainment?cid=7289400

The "exclusive" offer is:
    Every Costco Membership Certificate comes with coupons worth more than $50, including:
    • A free rotisserie chicken
    • A free Kirkland Signature™ 2-lb. bag of coffee
    • Free Kirkland Signature Spring or Drinking Water 35/16.9oz. bottles

8. unavaca
    • Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

If you can truly get this for 225 UA miles, this is a bonafide steal. A membership is normally $50 per year, so less than $5 worth of UA miles is great.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using milepoint

9. dayone
    • Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Thanks for straightening me out. It sounded too good to be true.

10. deant
    • Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

You can't. As explained, the OP got things reversed. You get the 225 UA miles when you spend the $50 for the Costco membership.

11. Muerl
    • Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Sorry for the bad title, if a mod could change the title to something like "buy costco membership get 550 mypoints" to avoid the confusion.

deant and traveltoomuch like this.
  12. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Sigh. I has such high hopes....

deant likes this.
  13. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

oh wow. huge title mistake. can this not be corrected?

deant likes this.
  14. chrislacey
    • Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Thread titles can only be edited by admins. The best way to point out anything that requires attention is by using the 'Report' link at the bottom of every post. I've gone ahead and reported the thread title, as I also thought I could get a Costco membership for 225 UA miles :D

deant and canucklehead like this.
  15. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

i get "admin" and "mod" confused all the time, which is why i specified neither in my previous post :)

Muerl likes this.
  16. chrislacey
    • Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

:) The "lingo" here is a bit different than FT. MilePoint has no mods/moderators. We have guides who are here to help, but we have no ability to really moderate. We do have limited access to some "spam cleaner" tools, but we are definitely not moderators (I love that!). Aside from guides, MilePoint has a team of admins who have the ability to moderate. It's just lingo...and not really important...but just thought I'd try to clarify :)