Earn US Miles for Amazon purchases 1 mile/$1

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by JohnDeere19, Jul 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JohnDeere19
    • Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

http://usairways.skymall.com/mall/info/usairways/Amazon?afsrc=1

What began as Earth's biggest bookstore has become Earth's biggest everything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon.com in innumerable directions. While the website still offers millions of books, movies, games, and music, electronics and other general merchandise categories, including apparel and accessories, auto parts, home furnishings, health and beauty aids, toys, and groceries ring up more than 50% of sales. Shoppers can also download e-books, games, MP3s, and films to their computers or handheld devices, including Amazon's own portable e-reader, the Kindle. Amazon also offers products and services, such as self-publishing, online advertising, e-commerce platform, hosting, and a co-branded credit card.
  2. Jennifer Teti

Jennifer Teti Active Member

I'm so excited about this! Thanks!!

A nice double dip of sorts with my 5X TY points from using my Citi Forward.
    jbcarioca, JohnDeere19 and viguera like this.
  3. viguera
    • Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Indeed I'm with Amazon Prime and I purchase tons of stuff, always mad that I couldn't dip more. Of course they do this a couple of days AFTER I purchase a new 60" TV. :(
  4. kyunbit
    • Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

at last amazon budges!
  5. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Next up: Amazon and AA? :p

A for an A.....
  6. mrredskin
    • Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

very nice.
    jbcarioca and JohnDeere19 like this.
  7. jhflau11
    • Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

First Hawaiian and now US Air. Wonder will all airlines be getting in on this?
    LETTERBOY and JohnDeere19 like this.
  8. JohnDeere19
    • Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

I'd love to see AA get in on this!
    LETTERBOY, Aktchi and jhflau11 like this.
  9. Andyandy
    • Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Oh man, this is huge!
    kwidhalm and JohnDeere19 like this.
  10. cvsara
    • Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Can UAL / CO be on the horizon?
    Casey Friday and JohnDeere19 like this.
  11. kyunbit
    • Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

UAL shopping mall has the worst mileage rates in almost all cases
    jbcarioca, JohnDeere19 and Blue Skye like this.
  12. JohnDeere19
    • Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

CO shopping mall was a go-to for me with the 2x miles on the branded card...now, not so much.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  13. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Just made my Amazon fix with the US miles. Nice!
    JohnDeere19 likes this.
  14. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

It would be really sweet if we can earn miles on AA for Amazon.com purchases!
  15. Casey Friday
    • Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

I sure hope so! Those are my two main focused accounts.

Now if I could double-dip with Hilton, that would be nice...
    JohnDeere19 likes this.
  16. noel
    • Original Member

noel Silver Member

I think you can. Earn 2 Hawaiian Air miles and transfer to Hilton 1:2. Every $1 on Amazon = 4 Hilton points.
    Casey Friday, JohnDeere19 and viguera like this.
  17. arkleseizure
    • Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

The holy grail of online shopping. Now back to the hunt for miles for mortgage payments...
    DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  18. DeacFlyer1
    • Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

If only I could pay my mortgage with a credit card...
  19. viguera
    • Original Member

viguera Gold Member

There were a couple of threads about using ChargeSmart for this. Not sure what came of it but I think people deemed it too pricey.

They have $14.95 for a $3k payment to BofA, but my understanding is that they show additional fees after you start the process. I don't think anybody here has tried it recently to give an account.
  20. ArizonaGuy
    • Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

I've paid my mortgage through ChargeSmart. Easy setup. They do make you call to cancel payments but it's still quite painless.

Due to fees, the ONLY reason to use ChargeSmart is if you have no other way to meet minimum spend requirements. In my particular case, I used it to bump one particular card over a $50K threshold late last year for the extra elite miles. Otherwise the fees they charge range from 2% to 3% and just aren't worth it when there are cheaper ways of acquiring redeemable miles.
    viguera likes this.
  21. JetsettingEric
    • Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Chargesmart has a $10 off special for reoccuring payments. My sweet spot with chase is 1200 payment for 12.95. it's not bad for my ba visa where I earn 1.25 miles / dollar and working toward the 2 for 1 award with 30k min spend.
  22. viguera
    • Original Member

viguera Gold Member

I ran through them and they quoted me a $68 "large payment security fee" for a $2,800 mortgage payment, on top of their standard $14.95. That's roughly $83 for 2,800 miles which is actually slightly higher than the standard rate for buying miles directly from any airline when no bonuses are involved.

At that rate -- and even with a $10 discount -- it's a toss-up really as to whether you should bother with them, unless the airline has a restriction on the number of miles you can buy in a calendar year. In that case then by all means use ChargeSmart and get the miles.

Car payments though worked out slightly better, with them quoting me $9 total for a $650 payment to IFS and $12.95 for a similar amount to Capital One. At that rate you're looking at 1 cpm, which is better than the airline rate.
  23. JetsettingEric
    • Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

the large payment fee kicks in right above $1200 - which is why i selected that number. agreed that it doesn't make sense for large payments.
    viguera likes this.
  24. Jenny & Curt
    • Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Anyone gotten their US miles from shopping AMZN yet?
  25. jsocpa

jsocpa Active Member

I have. All of my July purchases posted August 4th.