EgyptAir Plus – Another easy status *A programme

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by Saracen, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Was looking through a friend's MS FFP documentation and it turns out MS Plus criteria is one of the easiest I know of in terms of maintaining it:

Start on Blue Tier

To obtain Silver (*S), earn 30,000 miles on MS or other *A Carriers.
    To then maintain Silver, earn 15,000 in two years!

To reach Gold (*G), earn 30,000 miles while a Silver member
    To then maintain Gold, earn 30,000 in two years.

Details here: http://www.egyptairplus.com/CraneJSP/levels.html

So getting started is tough, as you need 60k to get to *G, however, no time limit for those initial earnings is given, and the maintenance thresholds are the lowest I've seen! Plus they have family membership where all family miles are credited straight to the main member.

I had a quick skim through their earning tables and they seem to be similar to most other programmes, though some Y fares earn less (e.g. UA/SQ low-Y earn 75%).

I imagine service is dire though ;)
    cennas, JohnDeere19 and sobore like this.
    • Original Member

cennas Gold Member

I agree, not bad, must be one of the easiest *Gs out there. But the 60K to reach *G is not the easiest.
    • Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Yep, it starts slowly, but then, so does BD if you're starting from scratch: 16k to Silver and another 38k to Gold is 54k initially. Might be a good program to start before one expects to cut down flying significantly, just as a backup.
    cennas likes this.
    • Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Almost certainly a year.
    • Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Thing is, I don't believe it is. The friend who was on Silver couldn't have amassed 30k in one year. I think it's just incremental accumulation or at worst in two years.
    • Original Member

cennas Gold Member

I took me over one year to reach Gold when I initially started with BD. MS *G might be something worth considering for me next year. Maybe if LH is generous enough to give all BD *G 2 years SEN status, so I could take my time to gather up the 60K :)
    • Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

I am a pessimistic person. So, I would think LH would give BD Gold member 2 years Senator status. :)
    cennas likes this.
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

For an American who doesn't fly *A too much but is looking for an easy *G card, is there a compelling reason to focus on this program versus Aegean?
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Only thing I can think of is the no time limit on getting the 30K/60K miles.
    • Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Of course, we'll need a definitive word on that; I am using anecdotal evidence. :)
    • Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Rather than Aegean, I went for OZ, mainly because the earnings on Aegean for some discount economy tickets were worse than Asiana Club. Plus 40k in two years is easier than 20k in one, in terms of flexible travel schedules.
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

I mainly travel on paid premium cabin tickets. A3's generous accrual rates (300% for UA F) make it very easy for me. I think you mainly travel on Y tickets (based on your message footer), so you would likely have different drivers. Does OZ offer 200%/300% accrual rates on premium tickets by chance?

My principal concern with A3 is going to be redeeming - they have some odd (by American standards) rules - though I doubt I will actually try to redeem any time soon.
    • Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Unfortunately, OZ have the typical 125%/150% premium accrual rates so won't work. In that case, definitely stick with A3. Redemptions on OZ aren't great either.
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Thanks for the info. Sounds like A3 is where you want to be on high fare tickets and OZ on low fare tickets!