1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Element Omaha - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Jslo, Jun 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jslo
    • Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

The Element Omaha (Midtown Crossing) is a decent spot for a stay. It is the only SPG property in the entire state (!). I booked it for the College Baseball World Series, and it was 100% occupancy.

The hotel is new as of late 2010 opening. The lobby and rooms were clean and in typical Element branding style- very eco/green somewhat simple modern lines and feels a bit nouveau euro.

The staff was friendly although had a bit of a small town feel. Didn't have an energetic "customer first" tone, a bit more on the sleepy side. I tend to find this laid back staff sense at smaller market hotels, maybe it is just the slower pace of a non-Hong Kong energy or something, I don't know and I digress.

Element brand comes with a "healthy" free breakfast which includes cereal, some breakfast burritos or sandwiches, yogurt, bananas, apples, etc. I found the breakfast good, and while not ultra high end it was very adequate and accessible. The breakfast/coffee area was well staffed and attentive to the buffet/refilling it often.

Of note, the fact that the rooms (or at least some of them? mine did-) have a full refrig, counter, small cooktop, sink, etc is very handy. Especially considering that there is a boutique grocer in the same complex as the hotel, and is clearly marked in the walkway to the parking garage. Literally a 3 minute walk. For the 3 night stay I was there I kept some food and ale in the fridge. It was handy. On the food topic, the Mexican restaurant across the plaza from the hotel entrance was pretty good. Especially the guacamole which was freshly made tableside.

The parking for the hotel is in a garage which is attached, and I was charged $10 a day as a 24 hour rate with unlimited in/out privilege. I have heard of it being free, but in my case I was charged on check out.

Some pics attached here, overall a good spot I would return to. The MidTown area is newer, lots of walking options for food etc. Also, a very easy distance to the Old Market area if you want that, and they have a hotel shuttle which seemed very "on time" and available. I'll stay again next time in Omaha (its the only SPG location if you want to stay in network! :))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  2. peteropny
    • Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

I stayed at this property this week - ironically on a visit to Hyatt's Customer Service / Reservations center. The friendly check-in front desk asked my plans for Omaha and assumed that I worked for Hyatt (as many of you know I don't) and was a bit astounded that a Hyatt employee was a SPG Platinum (lol).

I was pleased with the property - as a Platinum upgraded to a 1 BR suite - I'm sure this is routine since there appears to be more suites than regular rooms. I thought the room was very nice for a limited service property but I can see that some of the finishes will not wear well. Arrival was too late for the evening reception - breakfast was reasonably good. Parking is $8 a day if validated by the hotel and put on your folio but they advised me to just pay when I left since it would only be $6 (no in/out obviously).

uggboy likes this.