FREE 100 Starwood Points for taking Earth Day pledge

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Miami, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

Miami Active Member

Earn 100 Starpoints when you pledge to participate in Earth Hour on March 26, 2011.

https://spgpromos.com/earthhour/?EM=VTY_SPG_EARTHHOUR_PROMOTION

Terms and Conditions:

Registered members will receive 100 bonus Starpoints®, which will be credited to the member's account no later than April 15, 2011. Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/earthhour by March 26, 2011. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. ©2011 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
    • Original Member

DrG Gold Member

I was just going to post this myself. An easy 100 Starpoints.
    • Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Thx Op. Great link!
    • Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Thanks much
    • Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

To OP thanks!
  1. Redhead Silver Member

Thanks! My first visit to milepoint and I earn a 100 free starpoints! Excellent
    travelingmore likes this.
    • Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Just signed up. Free Points are always appreciated. Thanks!
    • Original Member

akide Silver Member

awesome thanks!
    • Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Is there an active promotion giving new members a signup bonus at this time? Two bonuses would be twice as nice.
    • Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Great post and good job Starwood!
    Skyvillager likes this.
    • Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Easy 100 points. Thanks OP(& Starwood)!
    travelingmore likes this.
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

I would think that if one were to temporarily enroll their SPG account in airline direct deposit, you could have those 100 Starpoints directed to an airline if you need to extend the airline account's expiration deadline.
    • Original Member

bsdstone Silver Member

Very nice!

And since my wife just got her own account...this will be the first points posted!
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

That's fine, but you each must switch off your own lights![​IMG]
    bsdstone likes this.
    • Original Member

bsdstone Silver Member

LOL...I'll be sure to alert her to this as I'm sure it's in the T's & C's! [​IMG]
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Actually, you both are ineligible according to the T&Cs:
    "Offer is applicable to single members only..."
    • Original Member

bsdstone Silver Member

I know...I was just joking about the T's &C's being that we each had to actually turn off our lights for an hour! [​IMG]
  2. mkrovious Member

Thank you for the post.
    Horse likes this.
    • Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Easy for me - I won't be home that day anyways :)
    • Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

So you will set your light timers to come on before the hour and after the hour right? ;)
    ToBeForest and peteropny like this.
    • Original Member

slotownmomma Silver Member

THANKS A MILLION!!! GREAT FIND!!!
    • Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Thanks for posting this. An easy one-hundred points, an easy pledge to keep.
    • Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Thanks for spreading the word and thanks to Starwood for incentivising participation.
    • Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Thanks! This is easy for me as I often leave the lights off, even at night. This would have been harder had it been pledge to not use the internet for an hour.
    • Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

This is a great gesture by Starwood! I am planning to turn off the lights in our home this evening.