1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, September 16th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

FREE 100 Starwood Points for taking Earth Day pledge

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Miami, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

It's about that time for US right-coasters. Perhaps a candlelight dinner is in order at our house.
  2. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

What do they think married couples would do in the dark?
  3. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Turn things on. This could lead to later expenses by some SPG hotels that offer free meals for kids. OTOH, it could lead to the creation of future SPG members.

Has anyone had trouble finding their hotel tonight? Did any Starwood hotels fail to turn off their signs during Earth Hour?
  4. concorde007

concorde007 Member

Hi, i logged into MP tday and saw this post. Immediately registered for the earth day pledge..but did not get my 100 points :-( !!!! Is the offer expired ??
  5. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

From the T&Cs:
    Registered members will receive 100 bonus Starpoints®, which will be credited to the member's account no later than April 15, 2011. Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/earthhour by March 26, 2011.
    concorde007 likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

I was going to post something yesterday reminding people to register for this but then I realized that it was already beyond the "earth hour" in some time zones.
  7. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

The points posted to my account today. I can't say that everyone's should necessarily have posted, but I would expect that they all would soon.

+100 EARTH HOUR PARTICIPATION BONUS (03/30/2011)​
    Wurm likes this.
  8. High Value
    • Original Member

High Value Active Member

Mine also posted today!

Thanks OP!
    Wurm likes this.
  9. Wurm
    • Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Mine posted today as well.

Definitely second that!
    travelingmore likes this.
  10. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Thanks for my 100 points, Starwood.

Now who actually 'honored their pledge'...? :D
  11. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

I turned off our front porch light for the night and turned off a hall light that is normally on around that time. I chose not to cook dinner in the dark. Our electric stove surely consumed more power than all of the lights.
  12. dc_traveler
    • Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

The points posted for me yesterday as well. We did honor the pledge by turning off all of the lights inside our home.
  13. efox

efox Member

Points posted. If only we have 365 earth days per year ...
  14. ToBeForest

ToBeForest Member

thanks, I will be given 100 pts.