Free/Easy Offers to Elite Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by dayone, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dayone
    • Original Member

dayone Silver Member

This is a thread where promotional shortcuts to elite status in various travel programs are posted.

Jett Rink, doc, Tim O'Brien and 9 others like this.
  2. kiwi
    • Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

anng3, SensFan, goodandclassy and 5 others like this.
  3. joesmoe
    • Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

4. dayone
    • Original Member

dayone Silver Member

knvinvest, kenbo, Chic Silber and 6 others like this.
  5. Firefly
    • Original Member

Firefly Silver Member

I thought Hhonors Gold status was complimentary for United 1K's, and possibly Premier Execs too. ?

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Not according to my 1K package. Four stays for Gold. If you find a pointer to complimentary gold status for 1Ks, I'd be very interested as I am about to lose my Gold status.

7. Firefly
    • Original Member

Firefly Silver Member

Must have been some kind of promo they had three years ago, as I got it for free, NSA.

Also, UA had free Hertz Gold (or five star for those already gold) for GS and 1K in '09 and '10. Maybe they'll offer it again this year.

8. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Has anyone tried the Avis Presidents Club signup for Continental Presidents Plus Mastercard members recently? Used to work for anyone:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html....html?ICID=redirect&IID=continental_pres_plus

Then there's Mortons Steakhouse VIP Status which has a number of entrypoints, including the offer for Continental Presidential Plus Mastercard members. Hint: I don't have one of these cards, but I am a Morton's VIP member.

http://www.mortons.com/continental

The last Accor Platinum promo I had seen expired in December. But if you signup at a-club.com with promo code CMBANKACLUB you'll get instant Gold status.

There's also free Silver status with Radisson hotels...

http://www.goldpointsplus.com/xing

(Silver does get you 'Our World, Your Lounge' in EAMA region..)

Surely there are more if I give it a little thought. [​IMG]

9. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Nicole Blaess-Smith likes this.
  10. Pegasus
    • Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

This would be a great sticky thread.

11. dayone
    • Original Member

dayone Silver Member

12. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

AAA and AARP members get free SPG Preferred Plus status. Basically the same as Gold status but without the 50% elite point bonus. Most notable is that it gets late checkout at participating properties.

Many other auto clubs around the world also offer the same partnership with SPG. The list of auto clubs is on spg.com.

Call SPG to get the status added to your account. (Gold and Platinum members probably shouldn't bother.)

GenevaFlyer, Tiki, cheepneezy and 3 others like this.
  13. bk3day
    • Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

14. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

All you have to do is click Reply on each post that you want to quote. It will add each quote into your editor.

penguin085, catgirl and neil like this.
  15. Mark.Dragon
    • Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

16. paramount

paramount Active Member

17. kiwi
    • Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Correct, but with the caveat it only (currently) works for selecting multiple posts on the same page.

penguin085, MrsBobSgt and joesmoe like this.
  18. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

SirRagnar Milepoint Guide

Easy status match with Czech Airlines (Skyteam):

http://www.csa.cz/en/portal/loyalty_programs/ffp_okplus/card_match.htm

The Card Match special will allow you to get an OK Plus Silver or Gold Card with all of the above-standard advantages these cards feature for just a single flight with Czech Airlines. All that is required is that you hold a card of the same level from another airline.

How to make use of the Card Match special?
    All you need to do is purchase a ticket for OK flight operated by Czech Airlines and complete the application for the issuing of an OK Plus Card.
    Please send the completed application and a copy of your existing card as a scan in an e-mail attachment, or in person to a Czech Airlines office near you.

19. lili
    • Original Member

lili Gold Member

Does this mean when I lose my Gold status at the end of this year I can do the UA 4stays (on points :) to get it back? It sure would be nice to not have to haul coins again to increase Surpass spend.

sunseeker and al613 like this.
  20. bk3day
    • Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Hope so as I'm seriously considering doing the same!

21. sinfonia
    • Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Platinum AmEx Cardholders receive complimentary gold status by calling SPG and referring to code UI. They will verify that you do have the Platinum AmEx and remove status if you don't have it. But if you have it, call.

dtx1055, Tiki, wombat18 and 1 other person like this.
  22. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

sinfonia,
    Wrong card. That promo with code UI is for Amex Platinum cardmembers.

Tiki likes this.
  23. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

goodandclassy and joesmoe like this.
  24. sinfonia
    • Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Yes -- thank you! Fixed.

25. Surface Interval
    • Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Delta 25k EQM's (Silver - or higher if you already have some EQM's) for transfering 50K AMEX Membership Rewards: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/getmore/