Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by WideOpenSpaces, Jul 5, 2011.
Great minds think alike...
For those of us collecting BB rewards points and only looking to exchange them into other programs, remember that BB will automatically convert the points to a discount voucher once the threshold in your account is reached (the options are 250 pts, 500 pts, or 1000 pts)!
My conversion threshold was set at 250 points and 250 points automatically converted to a $5 discount voucher that I have no use for. There's no way to undo the conversion.
There is a workaround for this:
1. Set your conversion threshold to 1000 pts.
2. Wait until the $5 voucher is nearing its expiration date. Then make a purchase of a returnable item at Best Buy using your voucher.
3. Return the item.
4. Best Buy will refund anything you paid over $5, and credit 250 points back to your account. When I did this, the voucher amount was high enough that even with the setting at 1000 points I was over the threshold, and they immediately reissued the voucher with a new expiration date. However, my understanding is that for a voucher under your threshold, they should simply put the points back in the account. If not, just rinse and repeat steps 1-4 until they have something you want to buy, or you have some other use for the points i.e. a swap on points.com.
Thanks for the tip. I don't really focus on the BB points, but if I have time to do the game during a boring conference call I do it. Only have about 125 points so far (half of them from a purchase a while ago), and I definitely don't want a $5 voucher.
Delta 6.23.12 https://www.audiencerewards.com/delta/trivia.cfm
1. Who is the orchestrator for Once? Martin Lowe
2. Which of the following shows did NOT have an actor nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical in 2012? Newsies
3. Lenny Wolpe, of Old Jews Telling Jokes, made his Broadway debut in what show? Onward Victoria
4. What is the US city that has a song titled after in it Newsies? Santa Fe
5. What play won the 2012 Tony Award for Best Play? Clybourne Park
6. Which of the following shows is NOT scheduled to come to Broadway in the next 6 months or so? Grease
(there are other questions too but can only earn ShowPoints)
Best Buy 6.23.12 https://www.audiencerewards.com/BestBuy/trivia.cfm
1. At what Off Broadway theatre is Old Jews Telling Jokes playing? Westside Theatre
2. What is the name of Jeremy Jordan's character in Newsies? Jack
3. Who directed the musical Once? John Tiffany
4. In which Broadway theatre does Memphis perform? The Shubert Theatre
5. In what show did Savannah Wise make her Broadway debut? Originial Les Miserables
6. What future Tony Winner made her Broadway debut in The Lion King? Heather Headley
Warning: the "other questions" that can only earn ShowPoints are the same questions as the Best Buy trivia questions. If you answer them for ShowPoints you will not be able to answer them again for Best Buy trivia. The reverse is true if you answer Best Buy trivia, the "other questions" are this week's Delta trivia.
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention and fouled it up. At least six points lost.
US Airways Trivia - June 24th
What show won the Tony Award Best Book of a Musical in 2012? Once
What was the name of the woman who inspired the character Roxie Hart in Chicago? Beulh
True or False? Sister Act, The Musical is not set in the same time period as the movie was. True
True or False? Memphis, The Musical has been filmed and shown in movie theatres. True
How many Tony Awards did The Lion King win? 6
How many Tony Awards did Jersey Boys win? 4
SPG 6/24/12 (thanks to moon4fun on FT)
What is the name of Simba's father in The Lion King? Mufasa
What is the central sport in Bring It On? Cheerleading
When did the Broadway production of Jersey Boys open? 11-6-2005
The Memphis National Tour kicked off in October, 2011 in what city? Memphis
In what city did Mary Poppins make its world premiere? Bristol
True or False? "Beautiful City" was not in the original Godspell. True
This is only the case if you have all of your accounts tied to the same AR account. If you keep them all separate, you won't have the same problem.
That's how I have it set up. Makes it easier to go through multiple programs' questions. Weird behavior change, but whatever...
OTOH, if you keep them separate, and you care at all about Showpoints, then you lose out on the chance to aggregate all your Showpoints into a single account.
Does anyone collect points for Amtrak rewards? Does anyone have answers to the Amtrak questions?
What Amtrak questions?
The Audience Rewards questions. Just like Delta, US Air, Best Buy, Starwood/SPG.
To repeat upgrade's query: What Amtrak questions? When I click on Partner Points>Amtrak Guest Rewards, I am taken to a page of offers to earn points from buying show tickets. There is no mention of earning Amtrak points through trivia questions like Delta, US, etc. I don't even see a way to earn Showpoints from the Amtrak page. Can you please provide more information?
I looked again and you are correct and I am wrong.
OK, thanks for giving us the update.
What instrument does "Guy" play in Once?
In Wicked, Dr Dillamond is what kind of animal?
True or False? The automated set of Ghost, The Musical can be controlled via the internet from anywhere in the world.
What year did the film version of The Lion King premiere?
What is the name of the performers in Medda’s Theater in Newsies?
The Bowery Beauties
At what theater did Rock of Ages kick off its First National US Tour?
Bank of America Theatre, Chicago
(h/t mhen on FT)
Best Buy 7.3.12 https://www.audiencerewards.com/BestBuy/trivia.cfm
1. How many Tony Awards was Rock of Ages nominated for? 5
2. Where did Sister Act, The Musical make its original debut? Pasadena Playhouse, Pasadena, CA
3. Which of the following actors was not offered the role of Sam Wheat for the film of Ghost? Nicholas Cage
4. Who wrote Clybourne Park? Bruce Norris
5. The playwright behind the script to Mamma Mia! wrote all but which of the following plays? A Doll's House
6. The finale song in Rock of Ages is a song by what band? Journey
(thanks to mhen FT)
Well, I gotta say I'm getting so confused and it's taking me soooo long to figure out each time how to get logged into each program for the questions that are worth MILES, not showpoints, that I'm almost calling it quits. This is gettin' ridiculous. The other day I did get the questions for Delta, but today when I look for questions for UsAir and Starwood, the only questions I see are for starpoints, not the mileage ones. It's one thing for me, at least, to spend a little time to get a few miles, but if I'm spending a lot of time just trying to figure out how to get logged in to earn the miles each time, this is definitely not worth it any longer.
I agree that the change is annoying, but here's how I think one should do this going forward:
Link all your Delta/US/SPG/BB accounts to a single Audience Rewards account. You don't need a separate AR account for each partner program, and logging in/out all the time is a huge pain. And you don't need to monkey with "earnings preferences" settings as you do partner trivia; if your (say) Delta number is linked to your AR account, then doing AR/Delta questions will automatically credit to Delta.
In each partner program question set, answer only those questions labeled "2 Show Points + 2 miles". It used to be that going to a partner trivia page displayed only the 5-6 miles-earning questions for that partner. Lately, however, AR has -- rather irritatingly -- begun pooling questions for multiple partners (e.g., US trivia page will also show the questions associated with SPG & Delta). The trap, of course, is that if you answer any question for one of the other programs -- easy to spot, as they are labeled "2 Show Points" -- then you lose the ability to answer that question for miles credit by going to the "native" page for that program.
Use the slider bar at the bottom of the page. Now that there are more than 5-6 questions displayed on each partner trivia page, AR has broken them up into multiple chunks. Click on the bar at the bottom (no dragging allowed, so it's not really a slider bar, but I digress) to get to the other page(s).
For convenience, here are the partner trivia home pages:
Starwood Preferred Guest
Somewhat off-topic, but since I suspect the Best Buy point collectors are following this thread... The other day I got an offer from BestBuy/Shutterfly for a free photo book and 250 free rewards zone points. It requires you to pay for shipping and handling (around $10, I believe) If anyone here got this and doesn't want to use their code, I'd be interested in it. When Shutterfly had a similar promo with HHonors earlier this year, the HHonors points went into the account of the recipients of the email offer, independent of who ultimately redeemed it.