1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, September 16th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

Get 10,000 points for trying inSite

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by ducster, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tassojunior
    • Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

You have to download InSite and then when you do your first search it asks you to log-in.
  2. PointHoarder
    • Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Not targeted. Downloaded and installed Insite. Logged in using my account and did a couple of searches using the featured stores on display (did see promos in some stores for 3X the points if paying using AMEX)
    How long does it take for the points to show up?
    At what point should I try to contact AMEX about this?
  3. cotter77
    • Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

my response from private secure AMEX email:
    Response (A.Bhattacharya) 05/11/2011 03:28 AM Dear Daniel,

As per the Terms and Conditions of the bonus ID 6549, you will receive 10,000 bonus points within 6-8 weeks of downloading the inSite from American Express, online shopping tool.

If at that time you do not see the bonus points, write back to us. We will manually issue the bonus points to your account.

I hope this helps and you find the information satisfactory.
    Sincerely, Aditi Bhattacharya Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
  4. BeachMiles
    • Original Member

BeachMiles Gold Member

I have an old laptop that barely runs. It was long ago replaced by newer computers. I might pull it out of the closet. Download the toolbar.
    Gargoyle likes this.
  5. rajuabju
    • Original Member

rajuabju Silver Member

Well, I downloaded, installed, and used for a bit.

This morning, my MR points balance went up by 5k. I dont know if its from insite or not, as in my points summary, nothing shows (not even under pending. But whatever, not going to complain about 5k free points, especially when I just got 50k free points on Monday by calling about the PR Gold promo :)

55k points in 3 days, for ten minutes of time and ZERO spend. Not bad at all.

EDIT: I think the 5k points are actually from my enrollment in the extended payment option deal. Still waiting on insite, going to email AMEX about it
  6. appl3

appl3 Member

I got the exact same message from her as well. Will follow up in a month or two!
  7. ghostboy

ghostboy Active Member

I installed inSite a couple of months ago. I read this yesterday and e-mailed AMEX last night:

Hello - I installed inSiteSM from American Express about 2 months ago in response to an offer to install this and recieve 10,000 MR points (Bonus ID 6549). I am yet to see the points post to my MR account. Could you kindly look into this please?

And received this response this morning:

Dear ghostboy,

No, the bonus points have not been issued to your account. Since you mention that the 6-8 week timeframe has lapsed since you enrolled in the bonus ID 6549, I have manually issued the 10,000 bonus points to your account. Now your account shows a total of x points available.

It is good to know that you are satisfied with the services provided by this website. It gives us immense satisfaction whenever our efforts/services/products are appreciated.

I hope my quick actions meet your approval and leave a smile on your face. I thank you for your valuable time to email us and giving me the opportunity to be of assistance to you today.

Sincerely, Aditi Bhattacharya Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

BANG!!
  8. cotter77
    • Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

next attempt:
    Response (Prarthana Sinha) 05/11/2011 02:06 PM Hello Daniel,

I wish to tell you that the offer ID 6549 started on April 17, 2011.

I have checked your Card account and do not see any notification which suggests you were solicited for offer ID 6549. Since you installed inSiteSM from American Express before the promotion start date (about 2 months ago), you are not eligible to receive 10,000 bonus points.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    Sincerely, Prarthana Sinha Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
  9. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

I too received the same message from the same person. We'll see what happens in 6-8 weeks.
  10. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

The email seems to imply that if you had installed it after April 17, they would have given you the 10K. When did you install it?
  11. wheat27
    • Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Sent a message this morning saying that I had signed up a couple of months ago (not actually sure when I did the install) and mentioned the Bonus ID listed above. The points have been added as of this evening.
  12. booyaa
    • Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

For those getting the 10k successfully through secure email, which department/topic did you address the email to? General inquiries? Membership rewards program?
  13. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Did anyone try to call the MR department? I wonder if that would result in the 10K being applied instantly.
  14. booyaa
    • Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

I called MR department first, they said to wait 6 to 8 weeks. I then emailed MR department, was told to wait 6 to 8 weeks. I then emailed MR saying it has been 6 to 8 weeks, was told to wait till after July 31st. I emailed again to General Inquiries and points were given to me.
  15. rajuabju
    • Original Member

rajuabju Silver Member

I was also told 6 to 8 weeks, told that I qualify, etc. I dont mind the delay in getting the points since I've hit them up for so many recently.
  16. schnitzel
    • Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

So has anyone here gotten points without getting the email? I've seen a lot of people get points, but I don't always see that they got the email.
  17. wheat27
    • Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

I got the 10k points without receiving the 10k email. I did however receive the 2.5k email earlier this week.
    schnitzel likes this.
  18. schnitzel
    • Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

OK - I guess I should put a general inquiry in.
  19. jstn

jstn Active Member

Definitely do. I installed insite today after reading this thread and logged in on Firefox. I then sent a message to customer service and within an hour I received a reply. I also mentioned in the email that it's been 2 months since I've installed the program and that I've contacted AMEX before.

Response (A.Bhattacharya) 05/13/2011 04:15 AM Dear Justin,

Yes, I will honor your request.

Since you mention that the 6-8 week timeframe has lapsed since you enrolled in the bonus ID 6549, I have manually issued the 10,000 bonus points to your account.

I hope my quick actions meet your approval and leave a smile on your face. I thank you for your valuable time to email us and giving me the opportunity to be of assistance to you today.

BTW, I have a Zync card so this isn't limited to the other charge cards. Gotta love AMEX...
  20. wheat27
    • Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

During an secure message exchange about getting the points credited, the following message was sent to my wife's account:

So while she got the 10k points, It was made clear that she was not a solicited cardholder and that it was not possible to have signed up for the promo 2 months ago.

I guess this is just like anything else, YMMV, but mentioning that you have downloaded the the software over 8 weeks ago might not be the best approach going forward.
  21. sun
    • Original Member

sun Silver Member

I was told to wait until July 31. Since authorized users get to have their own account where they can login would this work for them too?
  22. MsChristina

MsChristina Member

i e-mailed amex for the points this evening. they said that i have to wait "10-12 weeks" for the points to post.
  23. penumpang
    • Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

This is just a reminder to those who were told to wait 6-8 weeks. It has been 8 weeks since April 17 (the day the promo started). When I first emailed, I was asked to wait 6-8 weeks. I emailed again over the weekend mentioning that 8 weeks had passed, the 10,000 points were added when I received a reply.
  24. Lighthouse
    • Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Does this remain an active promotion for those who have not downloaded Insite and called in?
  25. GoodBoy
    • Original Member

GoodBoy Gold Member

I believe it is still active, I was told a few back by a CSR to call back in 8 weeks time.