1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Get 50 Miles/Day for "checking in" at participating airports

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Dec 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

2. Scottrick
    • Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

You might want to check your link. Your OP number popped up when I followed it.

3. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Thanks. Fixed.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Bizarre. Why would they bother with such an offer for a program that's just about 30 days left in its life? Why not start with MileagePlus?

Edit: ahhh, OP edited OP to show MileagePlus link. Wonder if I can register with both and double-dip for the next 30 days :)

5. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

I registered both on both programs. We'll see what happens ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

After I grant Topguest access to my Foursquare account, it throws me back to the page where I entered my membership number and shows this error: can't be blank

thegrailer and HeathrowGuy like this.
  7. Scottrick
    • Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

I got that, too, with Facebook (or should I call it "ContestEntryBook"?)

It said "must be three letters" which is of course nonsense. I just entered the OP number again and it accepted.

DCA Rob likes this.
  8. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Weird. I didn't have any problems signing up but I've been using Topguest/Foursquare for Priority Club, Hilton, Choice, and a few other programs for months now.

edit: This sign up didn't actually take me to the Topguest site. When I signed up for all those other programs I had to actually register with topguest.com and manually enter all my account numbers with them. This sign up was different. This time it took me to a page that asked if I would allow Topguest access to my Foursquare account, which of course they already have access to, but I accepted again anyway.

9. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

"ContestEntryBook"? wth?

When I linked to facebook it asked if I would grant access to "OnePass Social Offers" and "MileagePlus Social Offers"

10. Scottrick
    • Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

I don't use Facebook anymore except for liking random corporations that offer me free stuff in exchange. Sorry to my "friends" who get notifications of my likes in newsfeed. Actual friends get to talk to me in person. (except of course those of you on here whom I have yet to meet in person ;))

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  11. EWR764
    • Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Domestic segment runners rejoice!

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  12. estnet
    • Original Member

estnet Gold Member

so this looks like it is only for US domestic airports?

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  13. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

I don't think it is.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  14. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Yes, there is a link at the bottom of the sign-up page that shows which ones.

15. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

16. NYBanker
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

I linked up MP with no problem. I've already had several other programs linked to FS.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  17. NYBanker
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Even if you don't get FS points for a checkin (because your phone misunderstands where you really are...those cell towers aren't always accurate) you still get points in the applicable linked points program.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  18. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

True, but sometimes when your phone misunderstands where you really are, you get nasty emails from Topguest accusing you of cheating and threatening to close your account.

NYBanker likes this.
  19. NYBanker
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

My phone has some real challenges knowing where it is sometimes...but never gotten a note. Hmm...

20. unavaca
    • Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Both of these seem broken for me. I get the same "can't be blank" error. Some shoddy programming here...

21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

But if you check on foursquare's permission page, do you that mileageplus.topguestcom has access to your account? Mine shows that despite the error. But I don't know, of course, if the Topguest system got my MP number despite the error. I suspect it got the number upon submit of the first page, then redirected go Foursquare to get permission, and then upon redirect back to the original page it clears out the field and revalidates. Well, I happened to walk through an airport tonight on my way to a mattress, so sooner or later I'll hopefully get an email confirming the "hit".

22. icurhere2
    • Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

That was my take. The worst that can happen is that my CO account with 0 miles gets locked ;)

hulagrrl210 and JosephMay like this.
  23. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Interesting I drive by LGA or 2x a day. I'm pretty sure Only 1 check in per day. But could potentially do 50K in a year that'd be sick...

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  24. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

I guess I'll need to get a United account. Have avoided doing that until now. Anyone know of any 1st time sign up bonuses?

25. sun
    • Original Member

sun Silver Member

If you check in every day the maximum you can earn is 18,250 miles. Topguest will cut you off before that happens.