1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Get 50 Miles/Day for "checking in" at participating airports

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Dec 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

I checked in at the doubletree hotel santa ana near the airport and got my hilton points and got an email from toguest that i had also checked into the airport location and would get 50 united miles. if this continues i think i will call it the new hilton double dip

hulagrrl210 and Scott Schmidt like this.
  2. icurhere2
    • Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

I've gotten a confirmation e-mail for BNA (today) but not for any of the days I was at TYS ... Both are appropriate locations per the list.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Anyone else getting malformed HTML emails (displayed as HTML source in gmail) from

MileagePlus social offersMPnoreply@united.com via udorse.com

?

4. Hartmann
    • Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

I received one yesterday.

Still have not received an e-mail for either of my check-ins at ORD or IAH.

5. United Connection

United Connection Silver Member

Have checked in at BOS 4/4 days this week and no emails, points or anything. What am I doing wrong?

6. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

That is hard to tell...

Did you register for the promotion?

Are the emails on your United and Topguest accounts the same? Some folks say that is needed.

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

When you say "at BOS", what location exactly did you choose? I am not clear on whether United//Topguest require you to be at/pick a United related location such as "United Club" or "United Ticket Counter" or whether "Boston Airport Starbucks" would be good enough. I suspect it's the former, but my tests are inconclusive.

8. United Connection

Ah, that could be it. Tried to avoid the presumed spam influx by using a different email.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

I am using a different email and it seems to work (sometimes).

10. United Connection

I've been using the main Boston Logan Int'l Airport entry in FS to check in, not any of the venues located at Logan...

11. Tiki
    • Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

I got one of those yesterday. The first email was normal. Today's check in which generated emails the last 2 days DEN didn't generate one today.

I don't think Topguest is managing this program, you can't add it to your TG account like the hotel programs and Virgin. I think they are leasing the software to UA/CO in the same way Points.com processes the purchase of points generated on airline and hotel websites. UA/CO seems to be more interested in emailing us ads for their partners than getting shared on FB.

12. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

I should have kept my last mail route... I delivered to the airport! I do drive by the airport on my way back to the office after delivering so I guess I better (get that smartphone I have been talking about since last summer and) pull over and sign in!

miles and smiles likes this.
  13. sobore
    • Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Just received a notification email today.

14. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Received one at LAX last night, but forgot to check in at JFK this AM :(

15. Horse
    • Original Member

Horse Gold Member

My facebook (use to sign in for Topguest) and CO accounts have had different email addresses. I use touch.facebook for my laptop signins. No issues on signing up for the promo. Checked in MCO for CO on Wednesday and still no email.

16. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Received an instant email when I checked in at JFK. Noticed I had one in broken script for HNL dated 12/4, but not IAH or EWR for the following day.

17. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Checked in on the 8th at LAX around 9pm and that posted (email confirmation showed the date as the 8th) however when I got home to SMF after midnight local time on the 9th and checked in, it didn't post.

18. hulagrrl210
    • Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

I had broken script from what I assume was HNL also- hard to tell. I also checked in at OGG, but OGG had been working fine when I checked in before.

19. unavaca
    • Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Got an instant email when checking in at IAD.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using milepoint

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  20. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

I got 2 emails today from United, but I used 4Sq to check into 3 airports! :confused:

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  21. cvarming
    • Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

On the other forum there has been one credible report of miles showing up in an account. I haven't seen it on my own account yet, but it cannot be long now.

22. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

Nothing here yet.

23. Junca
    • Original Member

Junca Silver Member

I have received 32 emails. There are probably a hand full of days that I checked in and didn't get an email. This is true for two MP accounts that I am doing this for. Some emails came immediately, some later in the day, some the next day, and of course a few not at all. No miles posted yet in MP account, but I think they have a little more time before I will wonder why I bothered.

24. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

My first "check in" was on December 12, 2011. I just got 50 miles deposited into my MP account on January 22, 2012.

Junca likes this.
  25. Junca
    • Original Member

Junca Silver Member

I think I started about a week after you, genemk2. So, I'll be hoping for a posting in another week or so.