Get 50 Miles/Day for "checking in" at participating airports

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Dec 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

I'm going to need to change the account my 4square looks at to tie to my wife's or kids' accounts. Piddly amount of miles to keep their accounts active! I do this with rental cars, too. I've been getting my check-in miles in batches, also, by the way.
    • Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Sounds like there needs to be a milepoint community on Foursquare/facebook/we :) I am an island on foursquare too

And my miles are starting to roll in with about 2-3 day delay. The emails sometimes come, sometimes not.
  1. autolycus Gold Member

I'm also an island on four square. But if I add a profile picture, I could be the mayor at least one place.
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Kind of like Micronesia, we could form the Federated Islands of Topguest :)
    autolycus likes this.
  2. desamo Gold Member

I'm deirdresm on 4sq if anyone cares. :)
  3. Silver Springer Gold Member

My husband and I are each other's friends. We get a kick out of checking in at places, particularly when we travel. I also like getting Priority Club points, and for Hampton and Doubletree, HHonors points.
    I have about 80 mayorships, mostly local where I live but I still have a few in Chiang Mai, Krabi, San Diego, some airports and other places from recent trips.
    desamo and icurhere2 like this.
    • Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Jumping back to the check-in promo, has anyone not received any points yet? I've checked in most days since December 7 with nothing posted yet. I've gotten many confirmation e-mails from OnePass, either immediately or within 12 hours.
    • Original Member

Did you sign up for both UA and CO? (I did) Did you check both accounts? (I only receive miles in my CO account, my wife only in her UA account).
    • Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Signed up with both, have only ever gotten CO e-mails, and no points in either. Could I be checking in so often that they're cutting me off? I also have no Foursquare followers--could that have an effect?

Thanks for the reply.
    • Original Member

I don't think either matters. Do you have the same name on the CO account and the Topguest/Foursquare account? (I think they asked for first and last name).
    • Original Member

Morsel Active Member

That I don't. Maybe we've got it (although I don't see why I shouldn't be able to use a nickname for a social network...).
    • Original Member

Maybe they send the points with account # and first/last name to CO and they reject them due to a mismatch? (as their posting code would probably do for other partner points such as car rentals or hotels) Maybe someone else could comment on this with their experience. I know I at first used just the first name and got weird errors (see earlier in this thread), and then entered the correct full name.
    • Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

I encountered errors (no miles or e-mail confirmations) when my name and e-mail address did not match. When both did, my "conversion" rate jumped to 90%.
    • Original Member

Junca Silver Member

My emails definitely don't match but my name does and I have been getting miles posted in MP. I believe when folks were first talking about this it seemed to be consensus that the names have to match. There could be exceptions.
  4. desamo Gold Member

I work next door to a Kimpton, so I'm really hoping I'll have some use for all these Kimpton points I've been accumulating.
    • Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

I associated my foursquare for airport check-ins with my One Pass account number. With the "merge" does that mean I'll need to re-associate my foursquare to United to keep getting the miles?
  5. desamo Gold Member

I'm still getting miles posted, but possibly it'd be necessary at some point, though you'd do it through TopGuest, right?
    • Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Er...yeah, you're right. Still, just wondering when the mapping will stop. Hope they notify us.
  6. desamo Gold Member

Forgot to check in last night, darn it.
    • Original Member

Morsel Active Member

My points and email notifications stopped coming on June 15. They had been coming pretty reliably throughout the promotion up until then.

Anyone else with this problem?
    • Original Member