1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Have yourself, a merry, merry new year

Discussion in 'Off Topic/Social' started by mikeef, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mikeef
    • Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

(Channeling Nenge Mboko)

Some people call it the most wonderful time of the year. Screw that. I hate any time of the year when my elite balances are going to turn to zero.

Having said that, I have a lot to be thankful for. After a year of unemployment, I found a job. My wife recovered from a serious illness. And I have two wonderful kids who continue to thrive, even if dinner time is a struggle. For us, 2010 was an F. 2011 was an A.

I like to think the world is a slightly better place, too. Uprisings in several countries led to the fall of dictators (with plenty more to go). In our own country, the Tea Party and Occupy got people motivated at either side of the political spectrum. Regardless of how you feel about their politics, I think it is always a good thing when Americans get involved in the political process, not to mention this guy. The world isn't perfect yet, but I hope that 2012 brings us better tidings.

Points are good, but life is better. I hope that you have a safe, happy and healthy new year.

Mike

Gargoyle and miles and smiles like this.