1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Hilton NGB discount rates supporting US sports

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by SC Flier, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

http://www.hhonors.com/teamusastays

Support your favorite sports, and save money, too! These rates are often better than the AAA rate. These rates do not require a membership or any credentials. They appear to be open to any fans of the sport. Must book online.

NGB = National Governing Body

Related Press Release (Jan 2011):
    USA Gymnastics and Hilton Worldwide Announce Partnership Through 2012

chitownflyer and Gargoyle like this.
  2. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

3. DAS02135
    • Original Member

DAS02135 Silver Member

Thanks for sharing.

The main benefits I see of this over the MVP rate are:

1) It properly is for anyone, as anyone can be a "friend" of a sport.

2) They generally give your a refundable rate equal to the advanced purchase rate at Hampton Inns (as far as I know, MVP does not work at Hampton...or at least it doesn't anywhere I stay).

3) The rate somehow "supports" the different teams.

The major drawback I see is that I have not yet found a rate below the advanced purchase rate. With MVP, I have often been able to do this.

gemac likes this.
  4. JDiver
    • Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

With the MVP rate, I have received 20% discounts booking for the next day, when there was high occupancy at the property - the only caveat with MVP is some (not all) Homewood Suites bookings require "press credentials", not necessary for this NGB rate.

5. anabolism
    • Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

BTW, the code for this is 2635191 (enter into the corporate box). At one sample hotel (Clearwater Beach for next April), it gave me $253. The MVP rate (code 0041604) for the same property same dates gave me $239.

Thanks for the info on this rate, it's good to know about it!

SC Flier likes this.
  6. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

I had assumed that the codes vary depending on which sports program you choose to support, no?

7. anabolism
    • Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

I have no idea.

SC Flier likes this.
  8. mommafrica

mommafrica Silver Member

Hello all! I'm trying to find something for 8/3-5,possibly 6 in Myrtle Beach,SC pls. SC Flier-is this your area? I could use some help please!

9. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

It's my state, but it's not a beach area that I frequent. What kind of help are you needing? Did you try hilton.com with the corp code 2635191 as mentioned above?

10. mommafrica

mommafrica Silver Member

I tried that code but it doesn't seem to want to accept the last no. (this is on the MVP site,I will now try hilton.com).Would like to know where to go "frugally" but not so many people beach wise (was reading about Murrells Inlet). MVP rate there is $127. Would like to drop it some more if possible. I know this time of season is rough but didn't know that the SO & I would be reuniting after 25yrs:):D! Where do you go there?

SC Flier likes this.
  11. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Nowhere there! :D

Many South Carolinians tend to prefer specific coastal communities but not others. I grew up going to beaches near or south of Charleston -- but not usually in hotels. Isle of Palms, Hilton Head, Edisto Island, Beaufort, etc.

It's rare that I go to the Myrtle Beach area. In part, this is because it's a longer drive for me to get to Myrtle Beach, but it's also just a very different type of beach community and a different audience, IMO. SC has many beautiful beaches among many different communities. You have to find the style that fits what you are looking for.

12. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

How about Minneapolis, MN? Going to the Packer/Viking game and need one night on December 30th.

13. anabolism
    • Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

I didn't check that night for you (left that as an exercise for the reader) but in the past I've had great success using the MVP rate at the Minneapolis Hilton and Towers. There are other Hilton properties in Minneapolis as well.

SC Flier likes this.
  14. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Did you notice that football wasn't listed -- but GO PACK GO !!!!

BTW, we've used the Hilton in downtown MSP -- it's near the light rail and walking distance from da dome.

We usually ride over and walk back.

DTWBOB

15. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

I don't know how you overlooked it.

16. desamo

desamo Gold Member

When I went to the US figure skating championships earlier this year, I was given the NGB discount link for figure skating.

Only difference is that I don't get the 500-point Amex booking bonus. Everything else (except for the price) is the same, though not all places offer all standard room categories for that discount.

As an example, at one property, they're only offering two-bedded standard rooms.

17. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

see post 2 in this thread.... <lol>

BTW, I also root for the team Tom Brady played college football for -- hint, it's near my home airport !

DTWBOB

18. SC Flier
    • Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Fixed in post 2! :D

19. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

SC Flier likes this.
  20. servo

servo Silver Member

This helped save me about $25 on my next 2 stays at the Hampton in Orangeburg, SC. Thanks!

21. desamo

desamo Gold Member

It's more €54/night when you get to some Conrads. :-:

anabolism likes this.
  22. ArizonaGuy
    • Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

I forgot to post this before. When I went to ICN for several days in late August / early September, I used the tennis link I believe. At any rate, I booked the Millennium Hilton property with it and it did save me a significant amount of cash. At check-in I was asked to show some kind of credential but all I said was that it was a rate available to "friends and family" and I had no such credential. The woman checking me in just shrugged and I had no problem beyond that.

Well, I did - as a diamond I got thrown in the room I booked. Shocking, I know Outdated room, mattress hard as a rock. Tweeted Hilton, got moved to the renovated executive floor the next day. I would have complained about the mattress regardless of my status, not really expecting much.

23. anabolism
    • Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Cool! Which ones?

24. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Brussels was the one I was thinking of.

25. newbluesea
    • Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

This property is leaving the hilton chain soon.