Ideas and suggestions for AAdvantage enhancements on AA.com?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AmericanAirlines, Nov 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ceieoc

ceieoc Silver Member

Absolutely DestinationDavid. To stimulate frequent flyer mileage transactions, airlines like American Airlines even change the value of a mile by offering bonus miles throughout the year. I would think most frequent flyers place a value on their AAdvantage miles between 1 and 4 cent a mile. Let me know if you agree.
    jbcarioca and alohastephen like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

I only redeem for F awards, so I aim high.
  3. ceieoc

ceieoc Silver Member

Like Bart Simpson, I'm an underachiever. That is why I am here. I'm learning from experts like you.
  4. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

Based on your stories and your mileage counts, I'd hardly say you're an underachiever ;) I'd also hardly say I'm an expert.
  5. Sean
    • Original Member

Sean Gold Member

It's been said already but I'd really like to see AwardWallet Functionality back. Really just the AutoLogin. I'm not exclusively an AA flyer and I find myself visiting AA.com a lot less now that AwardWallet functionality has been disabled. I'm sure I'm not the only one!
  6. garyst16
    • Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Sean, AA is not likely to reinstate AwardWallet's access to the site based on the response I received from AA requesting the same:

Dear Mr. Garyst16,

This note is in response to your December 11 letter to Maya Leibman, who asked me to review and respond.

Thank you for your email inquiring about websites that access AA.com and the accounts of AAdvantage members through information provided to the website by
    AAdvantage members. These websites are not currently affiliated with American or the AAdvantage program, and for the purposes of protecting the integrity of American
    websites, they are not authorized to use American's trademarks, access AA.com, or use American's data. It is our goal to protect the valuable information you share with
    us. Permitting unauthorized access to AA.com and AA customer data places the trust you have deposited with us through the AAdvantage program at risk.

We appreciate your thoughts and concerns. We are evaluating the possibility of developing relationships that will enable AAdvantage members to use these websites
    under appropriate circumstances.

We appreciate your understanding as we work toward that goal. Please note that our current policy allows you to share your AAdvantage login and
    password information with family members and appropriate agents for business or travel planning purposes

Sincerely,

Ann Barnes
    American Airlines Executive Office
  7. Sean
    • Original Member

Sean Gold Member

I believe I need to retract my earlier statement, it seems that limited functionality is back for American Airlines at AwardWallet.com. Granted you can no longer store your password with AwardWallet but you can store it locally on all your computers. It totally restores the autologin feature which was my favorite part of the site.

Not sure who to congratulate on this one, probably AwardWallet for finding a loophole in the AA complaint!
    jbcarioca, alohastephen and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. LETTERBOY
    • Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Wonder how long until AA decides to close it off.
  9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

From what I understand, AW worked with AA to find an acceptable starting point - that's better than nothing.
  10. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Is there a way to store the AA password on the iphone app?
    From NYC and jbcarioca like this.
  11. gleff
    • Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Process mileage and eVIP upgrades online
    Change itineraries online
    More partner airline award availability online
    Stop forcing plugin workarounds for checking AA mileage balances on AwardWalllet :)
    Real-time reporting of Business ExtrAA activity, and statements that allow you to tie points to specific itineraries
    Sagy, Sean, Eloy Fonseca Neto and 5 others like this.
  12. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Yes. I never have to enter mine. In your iPhone Settings go all the way down to the settings for the American Airlines app. There's a toggle for "Keep Logged In."
  13. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

I'd like to see partner seat selection for eligible itineraries (especially for Oneworld partners that provide such for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). JAL comes to mind...
    Sagy, OceanBreezes, jbcarioca and 2 others like this.
  14. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Just FYI, I started a master thread for the mobile apps on iOS and Android. That way we can keep this thread to the website.

It's up to the mods if they want to split/move - I don't care either way.
  15. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Thanks Mike Reed!!:)
    jbcarioca likes this.
  16. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I agree with that one. Just this hour I was working with an itinerary with legs on IB, BA and AA. The booking was aa.com. I could do AA seat selection, then had to go to ba.com, figure out the BA record locator, then log in and change seats there. IB uses the same record locator as BA but there's no seat selector there. That is silly; one should be able to do the OW seat selection at the booking carrier site, once and done.

For codeshares the same applies, but that is even harder because there is no easy way to find the other OW record locators then.
    Sagy likes this.
  17. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Five excellent points!
    Sagy, Sean, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
  18. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    • Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

AA should give us a feedback on this!!!
    jbcarioca and FriendlySkies like this.
  19. Skye1
    • Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

I'm always amazed at the fare differences one can occasionally find simply by changing "country of residence" when searching for a flight. Changing this when searching for flights seems only to change the currency in which the fares are shown. It has no effect on the passenger information one enters later when needing to "get ready for travel." Sometimes it is the equivalent fare in the different currency, but more often than not, it's a substantial savings. The differences are often far in excess of whatever equivalent amounts would be in the different currency. I suppose that's an "enhancement" that's worth keeping.
    jbcarioca likes this.
  20. Aktchi
    • Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Great observation! Feel free to PM me the details. :)
    jbcarioca and Skye1 like this.
  21. DestinationDavid
    • Original Member

jbcarioca and Skye1 like this.
  22. Skye1
    • Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

And now that I've said that.....I'm wondering if I should regret posting it, if not deleting it altogether....perhaps it's one of those great things that is out there, that people know about, that will go away if flagged up too attentively....
    jbcarioca and JNB280 like this.
  23. TheBeerHunter
    • Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

I would love to be able to know ahead of my flight (~1 or 2 hours is perfectly fine) what the catering is going to be in F. I am a picky eater, and if I knew my choices were going to be between two items I don't eat, I'd buy something at the airport to bring on board.

I'm sure AA knows this info with some amount of certainty a reasonable amount of time ahead of the flight, so communicating it to pax as they do whether the flight has wifi, etc. seems like a no-brainer.

OTOH, maybe it's better for my figure to not know ahead of time when 2 dishes I won't eat are my only choices.... ;)

And for those who don't understand FEBO/LEFORB (or as I experienced it the other day, REFOLB :eek:) maybe this might cause more angst than anything else, which is perhaps why they don't do this now. But still...for those of us who know or care...it seems like an easy win to add this info.
    zpaul and FriendlySkies like this.
  24. John777

John777 Silver Member

For Gold and PLT, perhaps include the date/time that the upgrade request was made.

Not sure if EXP upgrades are automatically requested, and therefore time of booking is time of upgrade request?
  25. mowogo
    • Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Well, it would be helpful on mileage runs, so we know if we need to grab something on our connection between flights because they are serving the same meal 2 or 3 flights in a row ;)