1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

JAL to release updated program content in early March

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Feb 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

JAL has updated the FLY ON program change page to indicate announcements coming in March. Unclear whether it is just the FLY ON program change or an overhaul of the JMB program itself. We will find out soon. And let the speculations begin :D

More explanation/background and my thoughts on my blog: http://jal-pak.blogspot.com/2012/02/jal-to-release-updated-fly-on-program.html

Below are the updated announcements:

https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/jalmile/ja/jmb_1409.html
    Screen shot 2012-02-13 at 3.33.20 AM.png

http://www.jal.co.jp/cms/jalmile/en/en_jmb_238.html
    Screen shot 2012-02-13 at 3.36.09 AM.png

sobore likes this.
  2. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

I hope whatever the changes are, they are designed to reward loyal JAL passengers not those who mainly fly on other OW carriers :p

3. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

They will probably change earning of all Y fares to 50%. Just kidding but seriously they must have had a lot of complaints to release a press release like that.

How can you make the C and F cabin more exclusive than making it harder to purchase or redeem points on? Not exactly sure how they can achieve what they are saying without making things worse unless they just want to fill the Y side then maybe many changes are possible.

Let the speculation begin!

4. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

I went to bed already but was too excited and something came to my mind :p how about changing the FLY ON Mile Up bonus? Give elite extra bonuses and therefore allows them to earn and redeem more easily. Let's say

JGC = 35%
    Crystal = 100%
    Sapphire and Premier = 150%
    Diamond = 250%

This gives you more reasons to get Crystal :p and if they are smart or evil, they can tie the bonus with booking classes to make things more interesting. E.g.

JGC = 0.5 x earning ratio x sector miles
    Crystal = 1 x earning ratio x sector miles
    Sapphire/Premier = 2 x earning ratio x sector miles
    Diamond = 4 x earning ratio x sector miles

Or

5. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Between the time frame makes total sense. We should be receiving our new elite cards around the same time. :D

6. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

FYI most of the text were there in the original announcement. They just changed the last part of the text and add by early march there

7. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

they need someone thing to motivate me to re-up diamond

8. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Yeah that is possible but i think unlikely. They keep mentioning how they are trying to keep their C and F as exclusive as possible so surely everything would be therefore targeting Y redemption or something like that.

I guess we will wait and see. I pray they give you a better reason to fly JAL Fum! Btw Fum, have you have any Op Ups?

9. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

good service is more than enough :rolleyes: :p

10. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

Op-Up???!?!?! never had any on JAL lol..........

11. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

If they do this (I will yokoso it until diamond) every year!!!!!!!

12. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

OK 4x maybe too much...maybe 3x :p

13. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

i suddenly have a bad feeling about this change...after reading the JAL HK translation, it sounds more like a program overhaul to me (well but they had done the translation wrong before...actually quite recently too)...and i got the feeling our current miles will get devalued when they start printing out miles like AA and BA does :eek:

14. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

ilgattonero Silver Member

i hope your wrong.... but considering changes to FF programs these days are all about increasing revenue and decreasing cost, i have the same feeling. i doubt any good can come from this...

15. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

i hope i m wrong too

16. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Probably and you can bet your bottom dollar it will be all geared towards the domestic crowd.

17. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

yea like reducing all the extra benefits the domestic crowds have been enjoying over overseas members over the years! The reduced JAL Card discounts is a step towards the right direction :rolleyes:

18. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

I still have a hard time justifying getting diamond again

19. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

not just diamond basically any status for those with JGC JAL Card. And I am definitely not happy about the meal downgrade on TYO-HKG flights either

20. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

ilgattonero Silver Member

I am in the same situation... without UGPs whats its worth?

21. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Yep but they have great burn ratio and you can earn more miles per 100 yen with JAL easier.

22. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

with only 1,000 miles off? :rolleyes:

23. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

WAON baby!

24. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

we have SPG :rolleyes: