JAL to release updated program content in early March

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Feb 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Wow axe upgrade points but then make it easier to upgrade using points for elites.... ?!?!??!?

2. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

ilgattonero Silver Member

So discounted mileage upgrades and a handful of domestic coupons for elites is a reasonable replacement for UGPs? I don't think so...
    Full flat business class seats is nice but not until 2013

Hope there is better to come...

JALPak likes this.
  3. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

The question is does it apply to JGC members (discounted upgrades ) or just crystal, sapphire , Premier and Diamond? It seems a little unknown from what they have put up so far...

4. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

no it sucks

5. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

6. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

Yep, very disappointing...

JALPak likes this.
  7. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

Interesting the difference in Japanese and English pages.

No mention of stage 1 - Bic or even that there are 4 stages on the English page. Does that mean that's it for "improvements" for non japan based jmb members?

JALPak likes this.
  8. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

i think so

9. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

not to mention if history is any indication, most of us won't see the new seats until 2020 :rolleyes: :p (ok...probably 2015)

10. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

simon, is that it for the BIG announcements? Or there are more to come?

11. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

these benefits don't do me anything....so why do I need to get Diamond again? someone please explain to me

whkento likes this.
  12. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

exactly! at least give deeper discounts for Diamond and JGCP...now you only need to get crystal if u have JGC or Sapphire if u want more bonus miles

13. fumitani
    • Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

I can get the same benefits at Crystal level...The only three things I don't get (there are more)

1. 125%
    2. F Tags
    3. F lounge...

some minor benefits are Diamond award...

14. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

well i wouldn't call advanced redemption minor though

15. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

and if that's the case, that probably means no big changes for JMB program itself?

16. ilgattonero
    • Original Member

I think so. They have done enough damage for one year.

JALPak likes this.
  17. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

seriously if NH offers SFC for overseas members without requiring them to get a Japan CC, I would seriously consider joining the dANArkside

18. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

19. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

LOL that would be the day i die.

I wonder what benefits or promotions they will offer for the next "benefit" releases on the 14th and 27th! So far the benefits offered are not that bad and overall benefits but what is next? Save 1,000 miles on redeeming Class J vouchers for elites?

20. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

have u realized u are the only one saying that? that's because you fly to SYD :rolleyes: So have u checked with your insider to see if these are the "big" changes she was referring to or there are something bigger coming?

21. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

I`m told there is more to come but it is top secret. Release on the 27th is the big one but i think it is more related to the program rather than elites specifically hence why i think more Y fares will get 100% miles rather than 70%

JALPak likes this.
  22. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

yea that would make it up somehow! but if that's some JMB changes like this, they would have posted that on the Eng site too...there's no mention of further announcements on Eng version...maybe it's the new C and possibly F seats announcement on 27th :p But no idea how that would be mileage project 2012...unless they give elite discount on those seats :p

23. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

I think all the elite changes have finished hence this was the Fly On bonus announcement. Next announcements would be related to the program (in theory) but not elite benefit changes. Makes sense right?

24. Simon
    • Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Weird. That is a good point about lack of announcements. Maybe it will all be geared towards domestics only. Credit card miles per 100 yen going up?

25. JALPak
    • Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

that's not something THAT big