1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Kingdom Tower To Be The Tallest Building In The World?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Canarsie, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    • Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

744 likes this.
  2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

It looks quite interesting, but I don't think that I'd visit it, mostly because it is in Saudi Arabia. Too many human rights issues for me to think about supporting their government.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Interesting that this story leaves out what others reported last week: the Bin Ladin construction group (owned by the family of OBL) has been contracted to build the tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Tower_(Jeddah)

I have no plans to visit Saudi Arabia any time soon.

744 likes this.
  4. Tex1899

Tex1899 Silver Member

Yes, especially if an observation deck is part of the building (didn't read the article).

Going to visit my grandparents in Houston in the early 80's fueled my passion for skyscrapers...

5. gobluetwo
    • Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

I wonder how windy it would be on that observation deck, and the top of the Burj Khalifa, for that matter.

6. Gil Fonseca

Gil Fonseca Active Member

The first one to reach 1km and sometime in near future China or Dubai will build one to reach 1 mile