1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Mileage posted but EQM not incremented

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Morris, Apr 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Morris

Morris Active Member

Is anyone else experiencing this? Frustrated with all the problems I have been experiencing, I added up the miles I have been credited this year, and realized my EQM was missing 8761 miles. This is either my flight to or from Singapore from Lax. When I called customer service, they said this was a known problem and would be fixed at the end of the month. I am pretty sure the leg that did not increment EQM was the one I had to document to get posted, for some reason it did not post automatically. However if this is a known bug, it seems like a big one to not have been fixed by now.

2. carsonheim
    • Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Yeah, i've got the same problems. a month ago they told me to call in a week. two weeks ago they told me the computers were down. last week they told me the computers were down. I'm just gonna hold out for a couple months then deal with it if I don't see any fix in my account.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

I've been tracking my postings pretty closely since the beginning of the year, and everything's been fine (sometimes with a slight delay).

When you look at

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/statement/recentActivity.aspx

Can you tell which flight didn't have permier-qualifying miles posted? Or do all flights show correct and just the balance (total) is wrong?

4. Morris

Morris Active Member

Good idea, why didn't I think of that. Weirdly it is the flight from LAX to SIN, which posted right away. Plus it is pre-cutover (02/03/2012). Doesn't make sense....

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Since you presumably don't need those EQMs urgently, I'd do one or two things:

1. Print out the statement showing the flight with missing PQM, circle/highlight it, attach a little note (post-it?) explaining in one sentence what's wrong, and send it via snail mail and/or fax to Mileage Plus. Contact info:

http://united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/mileageplus/default.aspx

2. send a short email to mileageplus@united.com with the same information

Then wait. It will likely take a while (I received a reply from 1KVoice after three weeks, but they did address my issue), but assuming the flight was eligible for miles it should post.

6. Morris

Morris Active Member

Good idea, will do.