1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Milepoint KLT 2nd Anniversary Celebration and Promotions!

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by canucklehead, Jan 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

It's the MP Kiva Lending Team’s second anniversary! [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over the past 2 years, we have been blessed with the generosity of all the members who have made this adventure great! On Milepoint, we have had vigorous debates and worked together as a team to bring the best in Kiva lending and Milepoint community spirit!

Here is what we have accomplished in less than 2 years
    $4.4M in loans
    78000+ loans in 60+ nations
    1481 members
    hosted a Kiva Do
    Over $10K in donations
    Sponsored a fellow (Devon Fisher) for her time in Kenya with Milango
    Record 48 lenders on one loan

The team is not finished its job yet, in fact, it has many lofty goals to meet, including the February Lendathon Challenges!

WE will be having three promotions in Feb to celebrate this team’s awesomeness!

Milepoint Working Together Challenge

Lets try and break our previous record of 48 members on one loan! How many will it be? Who knows, but we are looking for a few (well lets aim for 100 :D ) awesome Milepointers to lend together.

http://www.kiva.org/lend/519562

Prize 1 Kiva card selected from amongst the participants

Loan to be announced after Feb 1 (most likely around Feb 12 or after) and when there are more loans listed on Kiva (ideally >2000)!

Milepoint February of Fun Challenge
    All month, we encourage team members to participate in loans. All members who lend or recruit a member ir donate at least $10 to the MP KLT MF can opt in to win prizes. Members who lend and wish to be considered for prizes will be asked to supply details in a google survey (link to follow).

So far we have the following prizes: [​IMG]
    2 Kiva gift cards (value $50 per prize)
    1 Visa gift card (value $50)
    1 United Club lounge passes (2 passes)
    1 Air Canada passes (2 passes) prize will be sent following receipt of AC's 2013-2014 passes

3 Kiva gift cards (value $25 per prize)
    1 Best Buy gift card (value $25)
    1 Amazon gift card (value $25)
    1 Amex gift card (value $25)
    2 United Club lounge passes (2 passes)
    1 United in-flight beverage certificates (packet of 5)

1 pair of Starbucks coupons for any type of coffee (incl their specialties)
    To be eligible for a prize, please complete this form - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDEtM1ExVmpqRGo1VnlseTBfZUxJeXc6MA

Also, If you wish to donate prizes, please list here or start a conversation

Milepoint Kiva Captains Match
    The team captains have also pledged $25 000 in new money for all loans made on Feb 12th, the team’s second anniversary! The captains will match the total dollar amount lent that day up to $17,500 in new money (now $25,000 thanks Miles Professor for her generous contribution to the match). :)

As before, we will use a Milepoint Kiva Day – starts at midnight Feb 12th Samoa time
    Ends at Feb 12th 11:59p.m. HI time

2. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Milepoint Working Together Challenge

Prize - 1 Kiva card selected from amongst the participants

The most team members on one loan is 48 (of course, that’s us, Milepoint! :) ). Can we make it 100 (or even more?) On Feb 1, a large loan will be selected from amongst the Kiva loans for the team to focus on. Our goal is as many MP members as possible and hope you can join in. All lenders to the loan will be eligible for the draw.

Which loan to work together on? http://www.kiva.org/lend/519562

ParanoiaTX, misman, DAS02135 and 4 others like this.
  3. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Milepoint February of Fun Challenge
    All month, we encourage team members to participate in loans. All members who lend or recruit a member ir donate at least $10 to the MP KLT MF can opt in to win prizes. Members who lend and wish to be considered for prizes will be asked to supply details in a Google survey.

So far we have the following prizes: [​IMG]
    2 Kiva gift cards (value $50 per prize)
    1 Visa gift card (value $50)
    1 United Club lounge passes (2 passes)
    1 Air Canada passes (2 passes) prize will be sent following receipt of AC's 2013-2014 passes (thank you mtlfire)

3 Kiva gift cards (value $25 per prize)
    1 Best Buy gift card (value $25)
    1 Amazon gift card (value $25)
    1 Amex gift card (value $25)
    2 United Club lounge passes (2 passes)
    1 United in-flight beverage certificates (packet of 5)

1 pair of Starbucks coupons for any type of coffee (incl their specialties)

To be eligible for a prize, please complete this form - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDEtM1ExVmpqRGo1VnlseTBfZUxJeXc6MA

ParanoiaTX, misman and YULtide like this.
  4. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

PRIZE WINNERS

Milepoint Working Together Challenge - SC Flier
    winner for Las Merceditas loan.jpg

2nd Anniversary Prize Winners

Kiva winners.jpg

Attached Files:

JY1024, misman and YULtide like this.
  5. fcjapan

fcjapan Gold Member

reserved for further use.
    And heckling the winners :)

6. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

You're just going after more likes. :D

7. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

You're just going after more likes. :D

8. fcjapan

fcjapan Gold Member

I agree

Gargoyle, misman and canucklehead like this.
  9. fcjapan

fcjapan Gold Member

I agree

misman likes this.
  10. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

LOL, clearly there are knuckleheads in addition to the canucklehead! :p

misman, IDGflygirl, catgirl and 3 others like this.
  11. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Ho, Ho, Ho!
    Aren't we getting funny now? ;)

misman, catgirl, YULtide and 2 others like this.
  12. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Yes, Ho is! ;)

13. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Is it time for a Ho's on first skit? :p

14. kiwi
    • Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

If I can make a suggestion? Given the current paucity of loans, unless there is a flood of new loans on 1 February I think there is little chance of MP having more than 48 lenders on a single loan. Perhaps this could be a March milepoint madness instead?

misman, YULtide, catgirl and 2 others like this.
  15. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Yes and thanks for bringing this up! I think I will have to wait until there is more inventory, but from what Kiva has mentioned, there should be a lot more loading in Feb - giving hope that we may still be able to launch this within Feb. Should the drought continue on Feb 1, I will notify everyone of the delay!

16. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

We had a couple of donations from our members, if anyone else has stuff they would like to donate, please do not hesitate to contact me.

17. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

A few thoughts on breaking the record of 48 Milepointers on one loan. Since I chose that particular loan, I have done some observation of what worked with that loan and thought about what would work to beat the record.

Our team is now 2-3 times the size it was when we reached 48, so that's a big plus.

Doing it on or after the 15th seems advantageous to me because far more team members have money in their accounts ready to be lent. The record breaking loan was on Dec. 15, 2011:
    http://www.kiva.org/lend/369909

Doing it before the 15th may have the advantage of less lending going on around Kiva in general, so it would be easier to more or less have a loan to ourselves. But I'm not sure how many Milepoint folks are ready to loan before the 15th.

The loan that is chosen needs to be large. Fortunately Kiva now has loans up to $10,000. The record breaker was a $4400 loan.

The chosen loan can't have any unpopular characteristics. For example, some folks don't like loans with a long term. But loans with too short a term are popular with everybody, so folks from other teams would be jumping in. So, 8-12 months is probably a good compromise. And it can't be a risky loan (Field Partner with few stars and high default/delinquency rates) because lots of folks won't loan to those.

Given how low Kiva's inventory is these days <100 right now, I have doubts about there being enough good loans to chose from on the 1st. I recommend waiting until Feb. 12, our actual anniversary, or even better waiting until Feb. 15-16.

18. kiwi
    • Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

I would think there would need to be at least 2000 (guess) loans available in order for a "good" loan to remain unfuded sufficiently long for lots of MPers to lend to it.

19. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

If it is on or after the 15th, I agree. The more loans Kiva offers, the easier it is for our team to have one loan to ourselves (more or less). One "problem" that happens is when we all focus on one loan, that loan goes to the top of the popularity page, so lots of other folks get in on it.

misman, canucklehead and YULtide like this.
  20. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

I noticed during the recent feeding frenzy the longer loans of 8 or 9 months from Fundacion Paraguaya were hanging around for several days while the 6 month or less loans were getting funded within minutes of being posted. It's a good FP with a great track record and does have some pretty bug group loans. Worth thinking about as a possibility.

21. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

You read my mind! :D I was looking at Fundacion Paraguaya as one potential FP as it had some larger group loans ($5000+) but also has 4.5* and a 0% default and 0% delinquency.

Because their loans seems to lag a few days for funding, they would be a more ideal candidate.

OK, looks like the group would like to table the Group loan until there are more on Kiva. I would still like to have it before the 15th, 12th ideally. Once repayments come in, more people will be looking to make loans and the loans actually get fully funded faster.

JY1024, misman, KyRoamer and 3 others like this.
  22. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Good choice. Let's start on the 12th. I would guess there will still be amounts outstanding for those who need to wait until the 15th.

misman, canucklehead, YULtide and 2 others like this.
  23. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

There are a lot of loans and a lot of large loans, so now it's just a matter of choosing the most likely loan and getting the word out.

I recommend that we start on Feb. 12 at 12:01 am New Zealand time and end on Feb. 12 11:59pm Hawaii time. That would give us 47 hours to celebrate our birthday. 1thumbsup.gif

Any chance that Randy could give us some extra publicity within Milepoint? Any other publicity ideas?

24. canucklehead
    • Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

We got a nice bunch of loans. What do you guys think of this one? http://www.kiva.org/lend/519562

We will be blogging this out. Also, the best publicity we can generate is word of mouth to your fellow Kiva Peeps

25. secretsea18
    • Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

That one looks good to me! :)