1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

MilePointers team goals

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by jbcarioca, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

On our Kiva page for MilePointers we have a choice for goals. These are maintained by nime01, who was the person who started our team in the first place. He listens to our input so when you have ideas for new goals or revisions to existing ones just post them here.

YULtide, Toula, MSPeconomist and 2 others like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Here is the URL for our team goals: http://www.kiva.org/team/milepoint/goals

You'll notice that we are already surpassing several of them, as we have generally done since the beginning. So, we probably need to be more aggressive with our future goals.

3. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I would like to suggest a total loan goal for June 30 of $115,000.
    That will mean we will need lend total of $40,000 between now and June 30.
    We also now have another large advantage because there are so many repayments that will be coming in to be relent, so that may not be quite so aggressive as it seems to be.
    The otehr goals for number of loans and total members I suggest we leave as they now are. We're making good progress!!

4. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Great idea, jbcarioca.
    You have been pretty spot on in predicting that we will reach our goals - thus we'll shoot for $115k!
    I have a LOT of repayments coming in June, and every dollar will be lent again. :D

5. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Me too. I counted on roughly $15,000 in total repayments arriving between now and June end. We should also see even bigger surges in July, August and September as repayments begin to arrive form all our new members. Did you know what you were starting when you set up the team?

6. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Actually, no - never dreamed we would come this far in such a short time.
    I have to hand it to you, jbcarioca - you are a great team member to have on board!

I suspect you have visited the FT team page? :p
    They are currently at 228 members, 3,731 loans and $115,625 total amount - and that's since October 13, 2008. We're catching up very quickly!

7. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Yes, we now have more team members than the FT team which is years older. And I know that many of us are members of both. :)

8. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I am sure all three of us are members of both. It would not be quote fair to make our goal to have more $ in loans than they next month, since we already have more members.:confused: Still we should really make $125,000 by the end of June.

Back at the beginning it was the two of you who really made the difference in galvanizing my attention. We have seriously committed members, seriously committed leadership and a really great team. In all my adult life I have never seen a team come together like this one, and I am sure it will continue. People like MSPEconomist have come in recently and been an example to us in welcoming and helping new members and thinking up new ways to do things. KyRoamer is generating new interest and techniques.

I don't really want to make this a post of eulogies, but I do think we all should realize we have a formidable team and can accomplish great things, as we are doing already. Randy and the founders became interested mostly when they understood what we were doing to make milepoint a different place, in the best possible tradition.

So, I think our greatest risk is underestimating what we can do.

YULtide, santafefran, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  9. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

While we are good at lending, we're good at underestimating, too :)
    As of now:
    Number of Team Members: 273 (est. 300 by June 30)
    Number of Loans: 1,622 (est. 1000 by May 28, 2000 by June 30)
    Total Amount Loaned: $78,150 (est. $75,000 by June 1)

10. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

11. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

We are currently at 286 team members - I've changed the date for our goal of 300 members to June 1 instead. :D

12. MSPeconomist
    • Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

The Kiva website now indicates that we have 300 members.

Has anyone been able to check how many of our members have already made a loan that has been credited to our team? I suspect that there may be a lag with some of our very recent members, but I don't know of any obvious way to check of to get the number of members who have yet to credit a loan to our team.

13. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

We reached our goal of 300 members very quickly - which is less than 1% of the total number of MP forum members. I am sure we can reach 100 more new team members before June 30, so encourage your forum friends, or family members, to join the fun and excitement of micro lending!

Either you are with us...

...or you are not having as much fun as we do :D

14. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

June should be an exciting month too, as we are growing and thriving so much. The new forum "milepoint cares" is already very aptly named.

15. Tenmoc
    • Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

My take on June money goals:

Regarding goals. How about $103,650. It would make us 25th on the list for Common Interest (based on today's numbers). A gain of 5 for the team this month.

Although it is possible that's not aggressive enough. $124,775 would mark 20th.

YULtide, jbcarioca, rehoult and 2 others like this.
  16. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

We have already passed our loan number goal for june 30 :)
    We are now over $100,000 in loans and have $14,900 to go to make our June 30 goal:)
    We are quite short fo new members this month. We probably overreached on that goal.:(

So, let us work very hard to make certain we surpass our total lending goal. We are continuing our brief but astounding progress as a team! :D

goals 30 june 2011.png

17. KyRoamer
    • Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

We have been stuck at 318 members for a bit. Send emails to your friends asking them to join with us. I did and had one sign up for Kiva. He has not yet joined us, but I suspect he will.

YULtide, rehoult, jbcarioca and 2 others like this.
  18. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

That is an excellent idea. In the meantime let us all lend more ourselves. We are making a big difference in the lives of needy people who are trying to help themselves.

19. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

We have just become #5 in General Interest team for Total Loans so far this month. We can make our goal of $115,000 this month! Every day we are becoming closer. Let us make this month another grand success for our efforts. :D

20. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I just saw $112,650 as our total!! :) That means we only have $2350 to make our months goal. We will do it!! How much over will we go??:D

YULtide, Tenmoc, rehoult and 2 others like this.
  21. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Already??? I just posted that we had reached $109,525...​

This team is GREAT!​
    I wonder how a Kiva DO for the team would be :)

YULtide, Tenmoc, rehoult and 3 others like this.
  22. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

YULtide, Tenmoc, rehoult and 3 others like this.
  23. Randy Petersen
    • Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

I just added another loan on behalf of the launch of the new Award Store on milepoint. Loaning to "storekeepers" seems appropriate!

YULtide, Tenmoc, rehoult and 4 others like this.
  24. Emos-closet
    • Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Cool! Excited about my gift of a tee and tags. Thanks Randy!

YULtide, Tenmoc, MSPeconomist and 3 others like this.
  25. jbcarioca
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I make the following suggestions:
    Amount loaned: $130,000 (that is very modest, actually. Roughly 12% repayment in the first month on average for a portfolio of $115,000 which is all quite new, yields about $13,800 in repayments plus only $2,200 in new money) but maybe we shoudl do better than that. :D
    Loans: 2500 requires a 15% rise from the present number.Our average loan size is now $53. We should make that goal without major problems. :)
    New members: that is a bigger question. We have not grown in numbers this month, but we certainly have in activity. Does somebody have a good goal in mind?