MilePointers team goals

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by jbcarioca, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

• Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Hadn't thought of that!:cool:
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Well then, it seems we must do that! A minimum of 1.5 million by 12th February! We shoudl ahev a good first birthday bash! What is the membership goal for 12th February, and what is the loan goal?

Nime01 it seems you're being asked to have 12th February MilePint Kiva 1st birthday celebration goals!
    • Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Woo hoo! Another reason for a lending party!;):cool:
    • Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Along this theme, I decided to fund 3 more loans in advance of repayments, so now my March scheduled repayments have grown, so that I'll have moar to lend in honor of the Kiva DO!:cool:
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

It's February! What are our goals for this month of our 1 year anniversary?

How about this:
    - 610 team members
    - 35,000 loans
    - $1,720,000

(I've added them to our Kiva team page, but let me know if we should change them!)
    scarecrow, Tenmoc, IDGflygirl and 5 others like this.
    • Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

I'll be making my anniversary loan, my monthly loan on the 12th then blowing my extra credit on whatever takes my fancy. Not a huge amount but I'm doing what I can.
    scarecrow, Tenmoc, IDGflygirl and 6 others like this.
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

We will make 1.5 million before our first anniversary, of that I am confident. How much more will we go? Members are joining, loans are being made. This is a continuously astonishing team, isn't it?
  1. apgrizzwald Silver Member

If today was anything like yesterday, we can absolutely make 1.5 today. Astonishing, indeed. Interestingly I read that on 2/3 in 1690 the first paper money was issued in America. So, using it loosely, it's only fitting that today we'd reach a milestone of spreading that money.
    Toula, scarecrow, MissBurrill and 8 others like this.
  2. apgrizzwald Silver Member

Zealous, I know.
    MissBurrill, Tenmoc, tondoleo and 5 others like this.
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

We can be assured that our activities will be more successful than those of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. All the same I think you are correct! Today should be the day!:D After all, it's only money, and Kiva borrowers need it more than we do:D
    Toula, scarecrow, MissBurrill and 7 others like this.
  3. YULtide Gold Member

Every loan is huge. You make the world a better place, Miss B. :)
    nime01, Toula, MissBurrill and 6 others like this.
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

- 35,000 loans by February 29, 2012 - almost there!
    - $1,720,000 in loans by February 29, 2012 - almost there!
    - 610 team members by February 29, 2012 - done!
    • Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Wow -- that's fantastic!:cool:
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Canucklehead seems to be suggesting we should have a March monthly lending goal of $400,000
    I know we are still $54,000 short fo this months total loan goal, but we have another two weeks left, so we probably need not worry, and the loan count will come along with that, probably, unless people keep concentrating on fully funding expiring loans as many of us have been doing.
    So, that seems also to bet on March total loans being about $2,100,000 or so.
    What do you think?
    For team members we certainly should be able to make 660, should we not?
    YULtide, rehoult, scarecrow and 5 others like this.
    • Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

I think we've well established 250k average for about 6 months now.

To push to 400k, especially with the DO, should not be a problem. If it is anything like the last Money Bomb, people from other teams will be joining in as well.
    nime01, scarecrow, YULtide and 6 others like this.
  4. horseguy Gold Member

As to hitting 400K in the month, I think this is extremely likely. We have a perfect Kiva storm here. We have the Kiva DO, Money Bomb II, and we should pass two million during the month (triggering two million dollar pledges).
    tondoleo, Tenmoc, nime01 and 6 others like this.
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Just in case any one is missing the news we have now surpassed all the February goals. We thought they might be aggressive, that we were all saving up for the MoneyBombII and the DO. That may be true but we are doing quite well in february anyway.

Congratulations everyone!

Nime01, what are our March goals, the official ones?
    Tenmoc, scarecrow, YULtide and 6 others like this.
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

My recommendation for the official (or is it officious) March team goal is that fcjapan makes his 1000th loan.
    I further recommend that the entire team goes so far as to laugh at his jokes in order to encourage and inspire him on to 1K. :D
    Tenmoc, scarecrow, Toula and 7 others like this.
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Since we've got a fabulous DO coming up coupled with quite a bunch of dedicated team members, Money Bomb II etc, how about this:

- 660 team members
    - 40,000 loans
    - $2,100,000 total loan amount

Too ambitious? Or at the low end?

You decide! :p
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

I can do that!

:D
    Tenmoc, scarecrow, Toula and 6 others like this.
    • Original Member

misman Gold Member

With our "standard" of 200k plus all of the other stuff going on, I don't think that is far out of reach.
    • Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Whose nitpicking? You are hilarious.
    drunk-irish-048.gif
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I do not care about the research, this was a very, very funny post, and I am LOL right now. If M&S is inspiring me to this activity I will not say...
    Tenmoc, scarecrow, YULtide and 5 others like this.
    • Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

I am very encouraged to see that our erstwhile paintshop humorist fcjapan has interests in the human condition that goes beyond looking for the hottest borrowers on Kiva.
    • Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Worthy pursuit though that is!
    Tenmoc, scarecrow, YULtide and 5 others like this.