Thoughts/Comments appreciated: ==== Hi – Before I begin, I want to clearly state how kind and accommodating everyone at AA has been, save one agent, and how much I appreciate their huge efforts. My story begins amidst a snowfall in Montreal. The weather was turning ominous on Thursday, Dec 27th and AA was placing travel notices for Montreal (YUL) and JFK. My wife, and two children and I were due to fly out on AA4444 at 5:55p connecting to AA185 at 9:30p on Saturday Dec 29th and I was concerned that, because of weather delays throughout the week, we would not make our connection. So I called the Explat Desk and indicated my concern that we would not make our connection at JFK and asked if she would kindly place us on the noon flight out of YUL on Dec 29th. The agent said that the AA travel notice placed was for Dec 27 and Dec 28 travel but not for the 29th, so she could not accommodate our request, except if we wanted to pay change fees and fare differences that would amount to almost $2000. I replied that the weather reports from YUL and YYZ (where AA4444 was originating) looked bleak for Dec 29th and wouldn’t it be more prudent to rebook us now while there was seat availability? She replied that her hands were tied. Of course, the next day, when the AA travel notice was extended to YUL for Dec 29, all flights to JFK were full/oversold. So we took precautions: on Dec 29th, we arrived at YUL very early (3p) for our 5:55p flight (due in to JFK at 7:30p) and agonizingly watched as the delays mounted: 6:40…7:40…8:10 and we knew we would not make our 9:30 JFK-LAX flight. We arrived at JFK at 9:40p and the agent there rebooked us on AA183 leaving Sunday Dec 30th at 3:45p.m. She kindly explained that since our mis-connection was due to weather, we were not entitled to any type of hotel accommodation. “You should have been on the noon flight from Montreal – given yourself plenty of time,” she ironically stated. “Next time you will know not to book a connection so tight in December.” At that point, I started checking JFK hotels and found they were all booked – there wasn’t one that had two double beds or two rooms available. (We were a party of four.) I ended up spending close to $400 to stay in downtown New York at last minute, not factoring in two $65 cab rides. At 10 a.m. on Dec 30, to add insult to injury, I logged on to AA.com to check in for our 3:45p flight, only to discover that the four boarding passes I held in my hand for flight AA183 were not showing up. I called the Exec Plat Line and was told that “you are not ticketed for that flight.” I explained that I was looking at four boarding passes and she replied, “Doesn’t matter. You are not ticketed so you are not on that flight.” I asked her what she could do and she replied, “Nothing. Just go to the airport and hope.” I said thank you and called back and got a different agent who said, “That’s horrible. So sorry. Let me ticket you right now.” And she did. But if I had a) not checked AA.com, who knows what would have happened or b) if I did not call back, who knows what would happen? I’m now on AA183 – using GoGo Inflight – and wanted to relate to you how frustrating this whole ordeal was. I tried to be proactive at almost every step, from securing an earlier flight when seats were available to obtaining boarding passes the night before – yet I was continually thwarted in the process. If this letter helps you shore up your travel notice/warnings/process, than it was worth sending. As an Executive Platinum member, I have a vested interest in a healthy and prosperous American Airlines and I hope you view this missive in that light.