1. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

NEW American Airlines 50,000 point AAdvantage Visa Signature personal and business out!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Delta Points, Dec 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Delta Points
    • Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

[​IMG]

So, if you need to top off your AA balance for your next trip this could help add 100K.​

Terms:
    Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®
    bonus miles1
    After $2,500 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1 – enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards.5
    Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles on eligible
    American Airlines purchases2
    You'll earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases within the first 12 months of cardmembership.2,3 After that, you'll continue to earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 you spend on purchases.3

YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY
    No annual fee for the first 12 months, then $85 ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card)4
    No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier6
    Even during the holidays, you can redeem your AAdvantage® miles on award travel on American Airlines,
    American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier.6
    Your AAdvantage® miles may never expire7
    You can prevent your AAdvantage® miles from expiring by using the Citi® / AAdvantage® card. Purchases
    made with your Citi® / AAdvantage® card count as transactions that keep your AAdvantage® miles active.

1 This Citi® / AAdvantage® card bonus miles offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements.
    2 You will earn two American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with your Citi® / AAdvantage® card within the first 12 months of cardmembership for items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record. Products or services that do not qualify are car rentals, hotel reservations, American Airlines VacationSM packages, purchases of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, dutyfree purchases and AA CargoSM products and services. AAdvantage® bonus miles will be posted to your AAdvantage® account 8–10 weeks after a qualifying purchase.
    3 The maximum number of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you can earn from purchases using the
    Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year and 150,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this mileage cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum,® AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from these limits. AAdvantage® miles are only earned on eligible purchases.
    4 For the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card: The standard variable APR for purchases - 15.24%; standard variable APR for cash advances - 25.24%. The variable Penalty APR is up to 29.99% and may be applied if you make a late payment or make a payment that is returned. The annual fee for this card is $85. However, this fee is waived for the first 12 months. Also, other fees will be assessed. Minimum interest charge - $0.50. Fee for foreign purchases - 3% of each purchase transaction in U.S. dollars. Cash advance fee - Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee - Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
    For the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® Card: The standard variable APR for purchases – 15.24%; standard variable APR for cash advances – 21.99%. However, if you default under any Card Agreement, Citi may increase the rate on balances (including promotional balances) to a variable default rate of 29.99%. The annual fee is $75. However, this fee is waived for the first 12 months. Minimum finance charge – $.50. Fee for foreign purchases – 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each purchase made outside the U.S. whether made in U.S. dollars or in a foreign currency. Cash advance fee – 3% of cash advance amount, minimum $5. Balance transfer fee – 3% of balance transfer amount, minimum $5.
    5 A total of 25,000 American Airline AAdvantage® miles may be redeemed for round trip Couch Class Continental U.S./Canada MileSAAver awards. For more information on AAdvantage® award redemption, please see Redeem Miles at www.aa.com/aadvantage
    6 American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier have no restricted dates for award travel. Seats for award travel are limited and may not be available on all flights. Flight awards are subject to AAdvantage® program rules and restrictions. Award travel may be subject to travel embargo dates on some AAdvantage® program participating airlines.
    7 Provided that once every 18 months you (i) redeem American Airlines AAdvantage® miles or (ii) earn them on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier, or (iii) earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles with an American Airlines AAdvantage® participant. For complete details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage

The Citi® / AAdvantage® card is offered in many countries. This offer is valid only for U.S. residents. If you are not a U.S. resident, visit www.global.aadvantage.citicards.com for information on how to apply for the card where you live.

American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., which are wholly owned by the parent company of American Airlines. AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., which is an independent contractor.

American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage awards or credits that you have accumulated. Members may not be able to obtain all offered awards at all times or use awards for all destinations or on all flights. AAdvantage® travel awards, mileage accrual and special offers are subject to government regulations. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage

AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, AAirpass, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, Admirals Club, AA.com, MileSAAver and Million Miler are
    marks of American Airlines, Inc.

Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies. Cardmember benefits are subject to change.

Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association, and is used by Citibank pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.

© 2011 Citibank, N.A. Citi, CitiBusiness, Platinum Select and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

MLW20, loudnotes and FriendlySkies like this.
  2. loudnotes

loudnotes Silver Member

There seem to be at least 9 different offers available right now, with varying terms and bonuses. Some clearly dominate others. #7 which seems best is the same as deltaGOLD's above:

away.citicards.com - 10k, 1.5/$ for 18m, Select Amex for existing cardmembers
    away2.citicards.com - 45k after $2500 + $100 + 2 passes, 2/$ AA purchases
    away3.citicards.com - same as above
    away4.citicards.com - 35k after $1000 + $100 + 5k after $6000 + 5k after $12000
    away5.citicards.com - 50k after $3000 + 2 passes, 2/$ AA purchases
    away6.citicards.com - 45k after $2500 + $100, 2/$ AA purchases
    away7.citicards.com - 50k after $3000 + $150 + 2 passes, 2/$ AA purchases
    away8.citicards.com - 40k after $1000 + companion cert, 2/$ AA purchases. 20k for new checking acct
    away9.citicards.com - 40k after $2000 + $50 + 5k after $6000 + 5k after 120000

3. MLW20
    • Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Number 7 is definitley a solid offer. I wonder how most would value the $150 plus 2 passes opposed to 25,000 more miles being offered up until a few months ago? I'd prefer the extra miles...

Hopefully AA will sweeten the pot and push the card offers back up to 75,000 miles or better in the future!

4. ceieoc

ceieoc Silver Member

I also like Citibank offer number 7. I am surprised that Citi only offers double miles on all American Airlines purchases for just one year. It reduces the value of continuing to use the American Airlines credit card to purchase American Airlines services after the first year. You would get a bigger American Airlines mileage benefit after the first year of card membership by not billing your purchases to your Citi AAdvantage card and instead, billing AA purchases to the SPG American Express card.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. KtownTraveler
    • Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

As many have discovered. When citi stopped giving two miles per dollar spent at aa.com they ceased being competitive. SPG Amex is a better deal. I simply switched to a cash back card long ago.

ceieoc likes this.
  6. Epson187

Epson187 New Member

I called to cancel my Citibank AA Amex card and they offered me 2 miles per dollar up to 10,000 miles for 6 months to keep it open. Guess I will keep it around a bit longer. :)

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    • Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Did they connect you to a special "agent" or did the first person you talked to offer this?

Welcome to MP!

8. Epson187

Epson187 New Member

The person that answered the phone. I have seen both cable companies and cell phone companies put you through to a “retention” queue so I was surprised the lady that answered the phone was able to make me an offer. I just told them I don't use the card anymore. I have heard of others getting to choose between different options like a credit for the annual fee. I don't pay an annual fee for this card as its linked to my Citi MC.

9. rpmbaja

rpmbaja Member

I read the fine print and it says that its for new citi advantage members? I already have a citi platinum does that mean they won't honor this for me or does it mean first time customers for this deal?

10. zphelj

zphelj Silver Member

Can anyone else comment on this? I've read elsewhere that on an older 75k promotion last year if you had the Visa card for 18-24 months you could apply for the Amex, be accepted and still receive the bonus however it's all rather sketchy.

11. schnitzel
    • Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

I'm pretty sure all of these bonuses are available once per individual product. So an Amex is different from a Visa, and a personal Visa is different from a business Visa. I'm pretty sure I've now had 5 AA cards (3 personal and 2 business) and gotten some type of bonus on each one.