Priority Club Visa 80,000 points just after one use

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Kalboz, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

2. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Awesome! But I am trying to find wording for the 80K. Am I missing something?

Kalboz, miles and smiles and uggboy like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Chase you're killing me! Too many tempting deals! :(

4. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

This appears to be a targeted offer.
    And with the offer recipient hard-wired into the url I doubt anyone else will have success applying through this link :(

5. FlyingBear
    • Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Chase rarely has the wording for the bonus points in the application. I applied for same offer a few days back and the points are only mentioned in the email itself. Received same offer today, same story.

6. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Kalboz, are you aware that your name and address appear on the application form? You should black out that portion.
    Chase and PC have been targeting people for this offer for the past year. I got mine last November.
    Yes, it is a great deal and yes it is targeted. And no one has been able to figure out Chase/PC's method for choosing who is targeted.

7. iolaire
    • Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Good suggestion, also miles and smiles should remove the quoted URL since that also has his information...

8. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

Thanks for the reminder to my reminder, iolaire.

9. ethiopianbuffman

ethiopianbuffman Active Member

I got the same offer too. I have too many accounts with Chase right now, there is no way they will approve me for this one too.

10. paramount

paramount Active Member

Whats better this deal or Chase Sapphire?

alohastephen and Kalboz like this.
  11. yaychemistry

I think it depends on how you value Priority Club points. The Ultimate Rewards points from the Chase Sapphire are convertible to PC points if you would like - but the bonus is only 50k points. So if you just want PC points I would go for this offer if you were targeted (if you're not targeted I think there's a 60k offer as well).

However, UR points are also convertible to many other programs at a 1:1 ratio. Some people think that points in other programs are worth more. I have no experience with hotel programs, but I have read that other people think that Hyatt points are the "best" value per point in the UR program, and I would hazard a guess that 50k Hyatt points are probably worth more than 80k PC (but don't quote me on it).

As for me personally, converting 50k UR to CO/UA miles is/was worth more to me than 80k PC points because I used them to help get me a *A Business award to SE asia (with a stopover in Europe). I rarely book hotel rooms - as I either stay with family, or stay in B&Bs or Hostels when I travel so the PC points aren't that useful to me.

So it definitely depends on what you would want to use the points for.

12. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

I was not aware of that ... thanks for the heads up!

I will search the internet for a better link ... sorry about that.

miles and smiles likes this.
  13. miles and smiles
    • Original Member

I expect that the only public link you will find is for 60,000K, as that one has been available for a long time. The 80K has always been targeted and targeted only.

14. cotter77
    • Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

ALL of this is a perfect example of how chase is killing us taking over to big a share of the whole CC market

15. TrueBlueFlyer
    • Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

damn, and I just applied for the lesser card... boo!

Kalboz likes this.
  16. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Might as well give a shot and ask them to match it?

Kalboz likes this.
  17. TrueBlueFlyer
    • Original Member

you can do that? crap... you're right! what's the worst they can answer: No?

18. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Yup! It would just cost you a few minutes of your life but I'm sure you won't mind receiving an additional 20K for that time.

Kalboz and yaychemistry like this.
  19. yaychemistry

The best way to ask is via the secure message in your online Chase account.

Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  20. TrueBlueFlyer
    • Original Member

got a very stern "its not possible, sir" response... also send an e-mail inquiry to see if I can get a more desirable answer

Kalboz likes this.
  21. paramount

paramount Active Member

I did receive the 80k link in my inbox... twice today actually...but i'm thinking probably the chase sapphire is better

Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  22. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

As yaychemistry said, SM via your online account is the best way. Update us on how things go.

yaychemistry and Kalboz like this.
  23. Jimgotkp
    • Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Same as me! It was like spam... just kidding :p I agree the Sapphire is better since it's more flexible. I'm going to wait till 2012 for the better UA Explorer bonus

yaychemistry and Kalboz like this.
  24. FlyingBear
    • Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

I like that there is one night free and this card would help get off Capital One for use abroad with no foreign exchange fee.

Kalboz and miles and smiles like this.
  25. TrueBlueFlyer
    • Original Member

of course I did not receive any offers from Chase... probably because I'm not subscribed to receive any special offers, or maybe because I don't qualify.

Kalboz and yaychemistry like this.