Priority pass coming to the US platinum card holders

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by lancexfang, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lancexfang
    • Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

I saw it over at flertalk. was excited atfirst. then mia pointed out the possibility that US/CO will still be excluded. will still be happy if it means international access.

need more details.
  2. Morgan
    • Original Member

Morgan Silver Member

This could be huge.
  3. dkelly1110
    • Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Will be interesting to see what kind of access is provided -- will we have to pay for guests?
  4. MJonTravel
    • Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

This could be a big deal. Will definitely make my annual cost vs benefit analysis for the PLT card a little easier.
  5. Ctrix65513

Ctrix65513 New Member

Interested in this as well.
  6. brobbel

brobbel Active Member

When it is the same as the European Amex Plat deal, then you have to pay for guests.
  7. Dovster
    • Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

If it is the same as Amex gives with its HHonors Surpass card, you will only get the minimum subscription -- which means that you have to pay for each entry.
    jason8612, lisamcgu and Skyvillager like this.
  8. dkelly1110
    • Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

They keep trying to cover for the loss of President's Clubs - and they keep coming up short.
  9. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

We will just have to wait and see. So far there was no official announcement and only one person on Flyertalk so far reported this upcoming change without any specific info.
  10. Mackieman
    • Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

As someone who has had a Priority Pass membership in the past, their real strength is in their international lounge portfolio. Other than the PClub/RCC, there isn't a lot of domestic use for it.
  11. lancexfang
    • Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

On my book I am putting it into pot-stirring rumor category. due to lack of corroberation and a very suspicious launch day of 3/31 without any AMEX communication up until 3/9. Nothing wrong with stirring the pot. but a disclaimer would have been nice, and hope to be proved wrong.
  12. lancexfang
    • Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

the membership i got with surpass is called 'standard'. am wondering who will get the new 'select' membership.

for priority pass veterans, if you have to pay 27 for each visit, what international and domestic locations do you think is worthwhile?
  13. mizwada
    • Original Member

mizwada Silver Member

Winning...if it's true that is.
    FlyMeToTheLooneyBin likes this.
  14. moa999
    • Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

In Australia,
    The Plat Charge card (A$900 fee = US$900) comes with the unlimited single use Priority pass, US$27 for guest
    The Plat Reserve credit card (A$395 fee = US$395) comes with two uses in 12 months, then US$27 each
  15. jammanxc
    • Original Member

jammanxc Silver Member

Hi,

I am the OP at flyertalk who posted this.....
    MMSB01 likes this.
  16. jammanxc
    • Original Member

jammanxc Silver Member

this is no april fools joke
  17. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Are you still on track to post more details by the end of this week?
  18. lancexfang
    • Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

As I said. very much looking forward to be proved wrong with a true benefit enhancememt. i'll happily accept anything better than the 'standard' membership that comes with hilton surpass and 27 dollar charge per person.
  19. mrsmortis
    • Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

In the UK you get an unlimited PP for yourself and another for your supplemental card holder.

So basically neither my husband or I pay anything to get in but for any guests there is a charge of £15.

However there are some lounges (mostly in the US) where the cardholder and their family can have access on one card.
  20. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Can you provide some examples of those lounges?
  21. mrsmortis
    • Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

The ones that I've used are the United Red Carpet Club lounges at SFO and DEN.

I can't find any way to find out without reading the blurb for each individual lounge.

You can look for yourself at: https://www.prioritypass.com/
  22. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Thanks. I will look into it.
  23. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    • Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

This will be very helpful for my upcoming international travels where I'll be in countries that don't have OW lounges, or on flights where I don't have status. :)
  24. euromannn
    • Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Someone jasonxxx... posted today he gets PP free through HSBC bank in Poland.

Asked him to confirm who is eligible and details.
  25. MMSB01
    • Original Member

MMSB01 Active Member

As it is time to renew my plat card, I gave the CSR a hard time about benefits and the response via secure message center I got was this:

On April 5th, 2011, you will be able to enroll in this benefit online at: www.americanexpress.com/platinumprioritypass.

Priority Pass Select allows you complimentary access to the largest number of airport VIP lounges, worldwide, regardless of the airline being flown, ticket class, or membership in a specific airline lounge program. The Priority Pass Select membership is valid for three years from the date of issuance listed on card.

You will have complimentary access to over 600 lounges at U.S. and international airports. To find a lounge, please visit www.prioritypass.com. You can also find the lounge location through this website.