1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, September 16th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

Ritz Carlton STARS program

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by techguru, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. techguru
    • Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Ritz Carlton has a program similar to FHR, FSPP, Virtuoso, etc. for its properties that confers benefits when booking through a STARS agent. I've had luck sometimes piggybacking benefits for example getting both STARS and Virtuoso benefits on the same booking. Helpful to have an agent that is FSPP, Virtuoso, and a STARS agent. Many properties run specials for STARS agents in addition to the standard benefits of:
    • Daily continental breakfast for two;
    • Welcome gift/amenity;
    • 4:00pm late check-out, based upon availability;
    • VIP recognition.
    For example two years ago RC-Georgetown had a STARS benefit of confirmed upgrades to a suite at the time of booking. IN addition each property has an "ANGEL" that responds to special requests and questions from STARS agents. In this case the Angel got us upgraded to the Georgetown Suite (1500+ sqft) for the same price as a deluxe room. Again, never had a problem with a STARS booking conferring benefits. There are a number of STARS agents around...
    TAHKUCT and RichardInSF like this.
  2. RichardInSF
    • Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

The key thing lacking compared to all other luxury programs is the room upgrade. It's a special deal at a few hotels maybe, but not generally available.
  3. techguru
    • Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Yeah -- I agree, but if you have your agent email the angel I'd say 80 percent of the time I can negotiate an upgrade prior to booking. I say I'll stay there if they can work the upgrade in somehow.
    RichardInSF likes this.
  4. GeneCMH
    • Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

I notice that some RCs on a few day allow a government rate. Is that combinable with STARS booking or is it ineligible?
  5. techguru
    • Original Member

techguru Silver Member

They two programs are not combinable.
  6. DavidO
    • Original Member

DavidO Active Member

Technically, this is exactly correct. You will not get the continental breakfast amenity if booked on a government rate.

Informally, you may receive a customized welcome amenity, upgrade, and late check-out if a STARS agent books your government rate and connects with his/her "Guardian Angel" at the property.
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Does anybody know what are Stars Benefits for Ritz Carlton Orlando? Do they have any specials for the end of December through New Years?
  8. MarshKing

MarshKing Active Member

No exclusive STARS offers for Orlando at the moment. The standard STARS benefits are still the same as what techguru posted back in March.

Alternatively, other program's amenities include:

AmEx FHR
    • Room upgrade, if available
    • Daily continental breakfast for two
    • 4:00 pm late checkout
    • A complimentary round of golf for up to two people per room, including greens fee and cart rental, once during your stay.

Signature
    • Room upgrade, if available
    • Daily full American buffet breakfast for two
    • Lunch for two in The Vineyard Grill Restaurant, Once During Stay

Virtuoso
    • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (on specified categories)
    • Full American Breakfast for up to two in-room guests, in restaurant
    • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
    • Lunch for two once during stay (maximum of $50), excluding beverages and gratuity OR a complimentary round of golf for up to two people per room, including greens fee and cart rental, once during stay
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    • Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Thanks. Looks like Virtuoso has one of the better offerings at this property.