Ritz-Carlton Will Be Pulling the Strings at The Edition Hotel Bangkok

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by uggboy, Aug 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    • Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Ritz-Carlton Will Be Pulling the Strings at The Edition Hotel Bangkok;)

[​IMG]
    We always thought that the Edition Hotel in Bangkok wouldn't be that far behind the openings of Edition Waikiki and Istanbul. But despite a projected 2012 opening date, the hotel is now delayed until 2014.

That's because ground was just broken back in June on the luxury mixed-use retail project Maha-Nahkon, a 77-storey building that will house the Edition hotel as well as Ritz-Carlton residences and about 10,000-sq.ft. of retail space.

Interestingly, Ritz-Carlton will operate the Edition Hotel. That's not too much of a stretch since both brands are owned by parent company Marriott Hotels but still an interesting development nonetheless. And probably a wise move considering that Edition is having some issues getting off the ground as a new brand.

If When the building is completed in 2014 it will not only be one of the coolest looking buildings in the world (Jenga! comes to our minds) but it will also be the tallest building in Bangkok.
    As for where the next Edition Hotel will open, we're just not sure? Maybe London? Considering that Edition Bangkok is listed as "Coming Soon" on the Edition Hotels website, "soon" for the next Edition Hotel might actually be a couple of years.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2...ling_the_Strings_at_The_Edition_Hotel_Bangkok

Toula, Kalboz and NYBanker like this.
  2. NYBanker
    • Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

I've seen concepts of this building before. It is one of the more interesting modern designs.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    • Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

A beautiful design indeed, but now delayed until 2014!:confused:

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

5. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

To compare it to other major Bangkok landmarks
    [​IMG]

6. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

uggboy, theskyflyer and Toula like this.
  7. Toula
    • Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Interesting, I wonder what the rooms will be like.

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  8. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    The Bathroom​
    [​IMG]
    Living Room​
    [​IMG]
    Dining Area​
    [​IMG]
    Foyer​
    [​IMG]
    Another Style Bathroom​

uggboy likes this.
  9. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

They finally reached the ground level! From their FB page:
    [​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  10. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Last week, I went on a field trip to trip to visit Maha Nakhon, a signature modern design skyscraper where Marriott's Edition Hotel and Ritz Carlton Residences will be located. The site is located right at Chong Nonsi BTS station. Construction on the 10 stories shopping structure located in front of Maha Nakhon seems to be progressing well and it is above ground. However, the main Maha Nakhon skyscraper is till wallowing in the muddy site. I went into Dean & DeLuca which is owned by the same developer and the place was spacious and nice and on offer many great dishes and sweets. I also ventured into the Ritz Carlton Residences offices where I was welcomed warmly and was invited to watch a video clip of the final product in a circular mini-theater. Afterward, a beautiful Thai lady who spoke very good American English took me up to see an entry level Residences unit. Very luxurious unit with fancy furnishing with starting price of THB 31 million (one million U$) ... which is way out of my budget!
    [​IMG]
    Front sign​
    [​IMG]
    Dean & DeLuca​
    [​IMG]
    Dean & DeLuca​
    [​IMG]
    Forefront the 10 story shopping center & Maha Nakhon in the center & Bangkok's famous Robot Building is on the upper left ​
    [​IMG]
    Ritz Carlton Residences enterance​

TRAVELSIG and desamo like this.
  11. Kalboz
    • Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

TRAVELSIG likes this.