1. Milepoint will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance
    The site will be down Tuesday, October 28th at 10:00 p.m. MDT for approximately 1 hour.

2. #FlyForPink is the frequent flyers' effort in the fight against breast cancer.

Join us in supporting screenings, early detection, treatment and research globally at FlyForPink.com

Scandinavian DO?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by SirRagnar, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

Would you be interested in a SK DO? (presuming you are available for the dates we may end on)

1. Yes, regardless of location

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Yes, if it's in CPH

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Yes, if it's in OSL

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. Yes, if it's in ARN

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Yes, if it's in [post the location you prefer below]

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Maybe, it depends on [post what it depends on]

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. No, not interested

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

SirRagnar Milepoint Guide

It's been mentioned a couple of times elsewhere so maybe we should do something about it:

Is there any interest in this?

I have listed the most likely locations for a DO, but please post any other ideas for location here. I was just doing a one-man brainstorming and as you see it's not very creative.

I would be happy to be part of the organizing committee (especially if we end up with a CPH-DO), but I have no experience with DO's so would need some help.

NordicLane, nime01 and Robbiedeluxe like this.
  2. Captainfire
    • Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Excellent, i thought to myself earlier today about actually doing something about it.

Anywhere except Norway, my student-wallet suffered a minor heartattack last time i went.
    I'd be happy to help out with the organizing aswell, whatever i'm able to do from Vasa.

SirRagnar likes this.
  3. SK2868
    • Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

I'd like it to be outside of Norway as well... Since I already have to fly to the location, why not accumulate miles at the same time? :)

SirRagnar likes this.
  4. Merlin
    • Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

I'm a maybe. For me the location isn't a problem but the problem is more time wise. My calender is filled with red spots the next six months.

SirRagnar likes this.
  5. Malu
    • Original Member

Malu Silver Member

Sounds great! Maybe we could set up an arrangement with, for example, starting with lunch in ARN/HEL/OSL and flying in to CPH for a nice dinner?! We should also contact SAS to hear if they are interested in meeting us, giving a presentation or maybe some other hospitality. [​IMG] I am willing to assist with arrangements from ARN/STO.

SK2868 and SirRagnar like this.
  6. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

That's a great idea. Perhaps there are some people on this board with contact to relevant SAS staff that can help out?
    I expect a long road if we start from standard customer service agents.

7. view
    • Original Member

view Silver Member

I would like to join in a meet-up of some sorts. Would be fun to do som city hopping for sure. Tommy777 has good contacts at SAS that have helped put on tours and other things in the past, that might be an option.

SirRagnar likes this.
  8. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

That's true. I also considered that, but he seems very occupied with MP and the FTAwards these days, so I'm afraid he will not be able to help.
    I'll contact him and see if he will help or alternatively give us his contact info in SAS.

9. Robbiedeluxe
    • Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

I'm in. Maybe we could ping Christian (SK's new head of social media). He is a member here on MP.

10. Malu
    • Original Member

Malu Silver Member

What about possible dates? For me - mid June or late August could be OK. Like 17-18 JUN, alternatively 19-20 AUG or 26-27 AUG?

11. Robbiedeluxe
    • Original Member

August is my RTW-month, I'd prefer a weekend in June or July.

12. no-backpacker
    • Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Hmmm... sounds interesting. I am also having some problems with the time... I am in if I can get it to work with my other plans. If it will be Copenhagen around the 20-25 of June I will propablyl bring Mr. no-backpacker and Jr. no-backpacker and we will take it in the beginning of our summerholiday. I would vote for Copenhagen anyway. [​IMG]

PS. Am I the only FEMALE here???

Xxx.

13. Captainfire
    • Original Member

The only one that has yet to reveal herself, if you don't count Robbies avatar [​IMG]

14. LN-FHU
    • Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

I,ll certainly consider it, but date is my issue. Since I recently had my first child ( yes I'm a really proud father [​IMG] it depends om what the missus say. Albeit if it is in september it probably won't be a problem [​IMG]

Gnopps likes this.
  15. Gnopps
    • Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

Your words could just as well come from my mouth; child + wife have their say as well. I'm on unpaid (well, the government pays €300 per month-taxes) paternal leave so prefer HEL due to monetary reasons.

LN-FHU likes this.
  16. Robbiedeluxe
    • Original Member

I could probably bring my SQ posse. [​IMG]

17. Captainfire
    • Original Member

And i'll bring the 'senior' SK purser from my flight [​IMG]

18. nime01
    • Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Sounds interesting for all locations - what happens at a DO?

19. OSL_Commuter
    • Original Member

OSL_Commuter Silver Member

It all comes down to when the event would happen. As I'm sure of, everybody has a busy calendar and I'm no exception to that fact. Need to prioritize the family during the summer, but if it fits into the schedule, why not?

20. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

It sounds good with all the interest. Obviously, it's hard to find a date where everyone is able to join, but let's hope we can find the best possible. Summer sounds good.

A DO is basically just a meeting and what happens is very different. Sometimes it is sightseeings other times it is just a dinner. Some of the DO's also have some events hosted by airlines - that's where we are hoping SAS will be interested (I contacted Tommy).
    What we should do at ours is pretty much up to us, but at least dinner and wine is a must, no? :)

21. Gnopps
    • Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

I have some contacts at KF that may be able to help so if we are here in HEL I can organize.

22. tommy777
    • Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Great initiative. I'm in if it's after June 15th. Lik SirRagnar said, I'm quite busy with the FT Awards, SMDIII and milepoint in addition to trips to Singapore and Europe.

I'd be happy to send an email to Eurobonus and introduce SirRagnar. I'm sure they'll be happy to arrange something similar to what we did in 2005

SK2868 likes this.
  23. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

Sounds good, thanks a lot. I'll pop you my email in a conversation.

It will most likely be after June 15th as that is very short notice for people. I'm hoping July or start August.

24. thegrailer
    • Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

After visiting CPH and HEL (I know not technically Scand) this past year, I'd be interested.

25. SirRagnar
    • Original Member

We have some motion going now to get SAS involved and possible also/alternatively KF.
    As for dates I suggest we hold off a bit until we potentially have some feedback from the airlines as they are likely also sensitive to the dates.
    However, it looks like we will struggle to find something that works for everyone during summer. Perhaps it is better in October?
    That would also allow the organizing committee (TBD) better time to arrange something great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.